Gaming RE: Mercenaries Doesn't Support Save resetting

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
I didn't assume you (or anyone else) is made of money, not even that you can justify spending your hard earned money on a game. I was merely asking if he really didn't know the difference. None of this was meant as an insult. Also, just for the record, I never said that I buy all my games at full price either.

I know the difference, but in the end, I want to support my wallet.

If Capcom wants to benefit from used game sales, do DLC. It's one of the few ways companies are still making major bucks off used games. Used copies mean more circulation of a game and more DLC sold.

EDIT: For the record I'm 18 and while I do work, it's rather inconsistent (and it's only $8/hr and I only get a few hours a month). I want the most bang for my buck, and used games usually do that.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As far as I know, when you complete the game, you can go through any stage you've cleared, just like the other RE: Mercenaries games.

I don't have any reason to delete the save, unless I'd want to sell it.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ssx9 said:
As far as I know, when you complete the game, you can go through any stage you've cleared, just like the other RE: Mercenaries games.

oh ok

well if someone dumps the save before starting the game couldnt we just keep that just in case then upload it to the card when it comes time to sell?

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pong20302000 said:
Ssx9 said:

oh ok

well if someone dumps the save before starting the game couldnt we just keep that just in case then upload it to the card when it comes time to sell?

Seems like you can't delete/replace the save data on it.

It's been confirmed that Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D for the Nintendo 3DS is a game that once finished, cannot be reset for complete replay. According to both the U.S. and U.K. game's instruction manual "saved data on this software cannot be reset."

Source

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a dumb thread.... has there been ANY irrefutable evidence of someone not being able to start a fresh game, after it has been used????
if not then this thread is as useless as the 3ds bricking rumor, and i dont want to be pointed towards the ill wording of nintendos boxes as this proved false with the brick rumor, too many people reading to a T without actually trying it.. so i ask again, has anyone had this happen or are you all arguing about some text on a box on a website you read,,,, or have you watched a video of this product not being able to be replayed?

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Demonstryde said:
this is a dumb thread.... has there been ANY irrefutable evidence of someone not being able to start a fresh game, after it has been used????
if not then this thread is as useless as the 3ds bricking rumor.

QUOTEIt's been confirmed that Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D for the Nintendo 3DS is a game that once finished, cannot be reset for complete replay. According to both the U.S. and U.K. game's instruction manual "saved data on this software cannot be reset.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually agree with them ( Capcom and Co. ).
This solution is actually the best one so far to discourage used games sales.
Look, in a perfect free world, I would buy the game, and then when I'm tired of it, I sell it to a friend,maybe for half price, this way we both save a load of money, right ? It is our right , isn't it ?
Unfortunately, with the advent of used games stores, I buy a game, then I sell it to the store for pinuts, and then you buy the same game for almost full retail price.
Who makes money in all of this ? The frigging used games store....The developer, publiasher, and even the console makers don't see a penny of the royalty. The used games store gets 100% profit, even more then selling a new game to begin with.
This, combined with piracy, could even kill small publishers ( look at the makers of Hotel Dusk and Last window ).
I think this is wrong, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Now regarding this new scheme...........It's definitely better then Ubisoft DRM, or other companies requiring you a special code to unlock cars or missions or other downloadable content for their games.
All it does, it makes the game feel used, and rightfully so.
If you think about it, when you buy a used car, as good as it looks, you can't shake the feeling that somebody else is been driving it before.
But when you get a used game, once you get over the fact that the case might be a little scratched and worn, when you actually play it, being digital content, you forget about all that because it's no different then the new counterpart.
The new one-time save option, won't deprive you of any enjoyment for the game, nor to start over, it simply will retain some information on the cart that will it make it look " used " like the mileage on a used car that cannot be reset, but still you may drive it as much as you like.
I think it's brilliant, nobody gets hurt, and if you don't mind the mileage and you are happy to save a few bucks, you may still buy the game used.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i return games for in store credit i usually use that to buy another game, thus giving the game developers more money....if there were no gamestop to return my games to, i would have to go to walmart or the like and buy it fresh with no in-store credit....how is the game developer loosing money if i can continue to recycle my products to buy more new ones?...derp derp derp lets get rid of the only real viable way to for me to continue getting games....no more gamestop means i would have to sell my used games online , wait for it to sell, then ship it then wait for paypal to release my money then transfer it to a bank account then go to walmart ect. to buy a game....

point being i would buy less games if there was nowhere to return them for some value, and the game developers would see less of my money, this is why gamestop is there to be the middle man.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to get the game used for a few bucks and then use http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager to overwrite the savefile with all zeros
biggrin.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Demonstryde said:
when i return games for in store credit i usually use that to buy another game, thus giving the game developers more money....if there were no gamestop to return my games to, i would have to go to walmart or the like and buy it fresh with no in-store credit....how is the game developer loosing money if i can continue to recycle my products to buy more new ones?...derp derp derp lets get rid of the only real viable way to for me to continue getting games....no more gamestop means i would have to sell my used games online , wait for it to sell, then ship it then wait for paypal to release my money then transfer it to a bank account then go to walmart ect. to buy a game....

point being i would buy less games if there was nowhere to return them for some value, and the game developers would see less of my money, this is why gamestop is there to be the middle man.

Yeah but what value are we talking about here ? Do you really think it's fair to get a $5 credit for a game that their are going to sell for $29 ?
Wouldn't you rather sell it yourself for $20 ? This way the user wins, you make more money that you can invest toward a new game, and the other end saves $9 that he can use toward another used game.
When I was a kid, there were trades off sections in gaming magazines ( the ones printed on actual paper, not online
nyanya.gif
) and people would actually trade or sell games to each other there.
It was fun, and harmless.
I don't dig the big corporation or used game store franchise making money off my back.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is stupid because alot of people like to replay games. And I never buy used games or sell them, I want everything in the box and I like collecting games.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
If you think about it, when you buy a used car, as good as it looks, you can't shake the feeling that somebody else is been driving it before.
But when you get a used game, once you get over the fact that the case might be a little scratched and worn, when you actually play it, being digital content, you forget about all that because it's no different then the new counterpart.
The new one-time save option, won't deprive you of any enjoyment for the game, nor to start over, it simply will retain some information on the cart that will it make it look " used " like the mileage on a used car that cannot be reset, but still you may drive it as much as you like.
I think it's brilliant, nobody gets hurt, and if you don't mind the mileage and you are happy to save a few bucks, you may still buy the game used.
Idk how you comparing a game to a car, but if I get a used car, I buy one that looks new inside and out. Just like when I get a used game.
I didn't care how used it is as long as it feel new.

Plus there are no evidences to back up your opinion. Show me "used games put (insert game company here) out of business".
I think it wrong to purposely lower gaming experiences due to them (specially Capcom) being greedy.

Doing this can turn people away from their games altogether.

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Jun 27 2011, 01:01 PM) Yeah but what value are we talking about here ? Do you really think it's fair to get a $5 credit for a game that their are going to sell for $29 ?
Wouldn't you rather sell it yourself for $20 ? This way the user wins, you make more money that you can invest toward a new game, and the other end saves $9 that he can use toward another used game.
When I was a kid, there were trades off sections in gaming magazines ( the ones printed on actual paper, not online
nyanya.gif
) and people would actually trade or sell games to each other there.
It was fun, and harmless.
I don't dig the big corporation or used game store franchise making money off my back.
Trading would become pointless if they start doing this with all games.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. i pre-ordered oot3d 5$, came back to gamestop with the 50% extra towards trade ins and got 29.00$ for ssiv and only ended up paying 12$ for oot3d a in the end so a total of 17$ for oot3d, how is gamestop bad by doing this,, also the game developers got their cut by selling it to gamestop so, if by trading in its hurting the develpers is your story then you can plug it now cause this is proof.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
other than MegaMan that is all i buy is used games. Regardless of the game, to me this is a step towards a time where you buy a game and once it's powered on in a game system. The Game will then only work in that one certain system only. Maybe by writing a over boot code that can only be used once per cartridge. We will loose any and all rights to the products we buy at this rate.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see me trading in my copy of the game when it arrives (which hopefully will be soon if ShopTo.net doesn't mind breaking street dates
tongue.gif
) so I don't really see an issue. Why would you want to reset your save data? It's not like the game has a plot for you to want to experience all over again. The whole point of the game is to beat your high score, so all you'd get from resetting your save is having to unlock a few things again for no good reason and having a lower target score to beat. Why is that a loss? Even if I did trade mine in, once I have the cash/exchange value then I don't much care if the next person can't start their own file, that's their problem.

A

auroreon

Blaze163 said:
I don't see me trading in my copy of the game when it arrives (which hopefully will be soon if ShopTo.net doesn't mind breaking street dates :P) so I don't really see an issue.

So... because this doesn't effect you personally, you don't see any issue? Nice.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 27 2011, 06:31 PM) Even if I did trade mine in, once I have the cash/exchange value then I don't much care if the next person can't start their own file, that's their problem.

How is the fact that you are an asshole even relevant to the discussion?
The fact is that there IS a problem, whether it's your problem or someone else's it is still a problem.

I never really post just to have a go at someone but that was just such a dick post.

EDIT: I actually think Capcom is sending out the right message here. Don't buy used games, pirate them instead.
When you buy a used game: You lose money. (-1) You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives nothing.(+0) = 0
When you pirate a game: You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives nothing.(+0) = +1
When you buy a game: You lose money. (-1) You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives your money.(+1) = +1

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Blaze163 said:
I don't see me trading in my copy of the game when it arrives (which hopefully will be soon if ShopTo.net doesn't mind breaking street dates
tongue.gif
) so I don't really see an issue.

So... because this doesn't effect you personally, you don't see any issue? Nice.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 27 2011, 06:31 PM) Even if I did trade mine in, once I have the cash/exchange value then I don't much care if the next person can't start their own file, that's their problem.

How is the fact that you are an asshole even relevant to the discussion?
The fact is that there IS a problem, whether it's your problem or someone else's it is still a problem.

I never really post just to have a go at someone but that was just such a dick post.

EDIT: I actually think Capcom is sending out the right message here. Don't buy used games, pirate them instead.
When you buy a used game: You lose money. (-1) You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives nothing.(+0) = 0
When you pirate a game: You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives nothing.(+0) = +1
When you buy a game: You lose money. (-1) You receive a game.(+1) Developer receives your money.(+1) = +1
Yeah, i have to agree he is a JERK.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto