Gaming RE: Mercenaries Doesn't Support Save resetting

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's stopping people from hitting "new game"? (I don't own the game don't even know if it's an option) but surely hitting that would let you start the game again and let autosave do it's thing?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Does anybody have any theories on why Capcom would do this? I am confuse.
right from the source link:
QUOTEThere’s speculation that Capcom deliberately made it impossible for users to delete their save data to discourage used game sales — since those who buy Mercenaries 3D used can’t wipe the save and start over from the beginning, some Japanese shops will only pay very low prices (as low as $6!) for pre-played copies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it is away around this no reset save. Even then once sells drop, they would most likely change it by spot pass.

It should be possible. Game patch?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Don't flame me but

Frankly speaking, I prefer it this way.
happy.gif

I won't sell my games either.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Don't flame me but

Frankly speaking, I prefer it this way.
happy.gif

I won't sell my games either.
I was planning to buy it used to save money, with this I might not get it at all.

This isn't just about selling games.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
purplesludge said:
So there is no way to play through the game after its beaten? It's becomes a piece of plastic?

If you've ever played Mercenaries on RE5, you would just know that it means that all stages and characters will remain unlocked, along with all ranks and the like for completing each mission. Basically, somebody who bought it used would have nothing to shoot for.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
what a scam by capcom , what happens if you want to restart the game or if you make some bad choices and want to redo it or you lend a copy to someone
i hope 3ds is hacked soon because this game deserves it
otherwise i hope someone finds a method to kill the save - reboot when saving or something

D

Deleted User

You guys do understand that Mercenaries isn't a resident evil game with a story right? Its more like the mini-games from RE5 on consoles/pc.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Nathan Drake said:
purplesludge said:
So there is no way to play through the game after its beaten? It's becomes a piece of plastic?

If you've ever played Mercenaries on RE5, you would just know that it means that all stages and characters will remain unlocked, along with all ranks and the like for completing each mission. Basically, somebody who bought it used would have nothing to shoot for.
You'll also inherit whatever name the previous owner gave his character. So if you got a copy that I sold, for example, you would be named 'Snailface'.
(Hey, it beats DickJuice or AssCrack)
rofl2.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
You guys do understand that Mercenaries isn't a resident evil game with a story right? Its more like the mini-games from RE5 on consoles/pc.
Yes, but buying a game used with everything stuck on likely 90-100% unlock is pointless or the fact you can't force reply value by resetting the game is really mess up.

Does SSF4 3d does this?

D

Deleted User

KingVamp said:
brandonspikes said:
Yes, but buying a game used with everything stuck on likely 90-100% unlock is pointless or the fact you can't force reply value by resetting the game is really mess up.

Does SSF4 3d does this?
I understand, and i think its fucked up, but I have feeling people think this is going to be a story driven game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.