Hacking RawkSD

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Woah, did you just convert the drummer animations into a drum chart?
blink.gif
Clever.

Out of curiosity and boredom, when Rock Band 3 comes out, what do you think you're going to try to do first: get RB3 songs in RB2, or get custom songs in RB3?
tongue.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AerialX apparently had the idea to convert drum animation data into a playable chart for a while now.

Got to test a couple of them. They're not perfect - fills are really sloppily done, some charts are very fast or difficult - but it's at least one more thing that could be done in the import process.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
AerialX apparently had the idea to convert drum animation data into a playable chart for a while now.

Got to test a couple of them. They're not perfect - fills are really sloppily done, some charts are very fast or difficult - but it's at least one more thing that could be done in the import process.

Which ones? I'd kill to try Welcome to the Jungle and Devil Went Down to Georgia.
tongue.gif
Maybe I'll beg Aaron later.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Which ones? I'd kill to try Welcome to the Jungle and Devil Went Down to Georgia.
tongue.gif
Maybe I'll beg Aaron later.
He did Monsters first; it felt right, typical punk beat with quarter kicks, kinda hard to judge accuracy though since the song didn't fluctuate much. It was here that we noticed the fills were only sort of done - the drummer is only animated to hit one or two drums per fill or roll. He also converted a chart for Knights of Cydonia because we wanted to see what the gallops and massive tom fills looked like. It was pretty sketchy, the triple gallops (charted as double kicks) were far too fast for anyone to play for any amount of time and the fills were almost nonexistent. It's more or less accurate to what a drummer would actually play, but a lot of it doesn't make sense on a set of Rock Band drums. There are a few sections in songs that would probably be much better if they were manually recharted, but Aaron's going for a converter, not a database import. However, as illustrated by Monsters and Radio Song, most of the songs with relatively normal drum beats should work out fine.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
I am going to get Green Day, are you waiting to support it?

Here's my theory: if it uses the same audio as Beatles, no. If it uses a different format, say, the Rock Band 2 biks or even moggs, then yeah, it might work.

But no one even has the game yet, so we wouldn't know.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
fubka said:
what are you doing?
reading your post.

you?
Oh wow, the drummer is even animated. I'm amazed.
You should give out the generated drum charts for the community to fix them, then include them with rawksd (Or is there a copyright issue of some kind?)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maurice10 said:
OncleJulien said:
fubka said:
what are you doing?
reading your post.

you?
Oh wow, the drummer is even animated. I'm amazed.
You should give out the generated drum charts for the community to fix them, then include them with rawksd (Or is there a copyright issue of some kind?)
Heh, the drummer animations are crappy though, and it's missing overdrive. I have to fix that.
As for community ones... Technically I'd say it isn't completely legal - not that anyone really cares - and personally I'd think a community project like that is better off being released as a separate package.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as awesome as this is, and its truly awesome...its also sorta awkward too - didnt anyone tell you this project is vaporware and never coming out? i bet you feel pretty silly now, continuing to work on it, improve it, and all.

: (

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
as awesome as this is, and its truly awesome...its also sorta awkward too - didnt anyone tell you this project is vaporware and never coming out? i bet you feel pretty silly now, continuing to work on it, improve it, and all.
Well, I think it's up to him to decide if his project is going to be released or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j