Hacking RawkSD

D

Deleted User

Wow, yeah. I'd be disappointed of course if the RawkSD devs decided to actually give up the ghost (and considering some of the past language and comments in this thread I honestly wouldn't blame them), but cripes it wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean, I only use one SD card for my RB content (and a bit of GH), with the hopes that some day soon I'll be able to put ALL my RB content in one place. Card swapping is not something I really want to deal with, but if it came down to that I sure wouldn't berate or try to discredit the good people that create their awesome work (for free, no less).

I certainly appreciate what the devs have done and are doing with their time for little to no reward. Please know that your effort is VERY much appreciated and the Internet can make schmucks of us all.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bananaslug79 said:
Wow, yeah. I'd be disappointed of course if the RawkSD devs decided to actually give up the ghost (and considering some of the past language and comments in this thread I honestly wouldn't blame them), but cripes it wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean, I only use one SD card for my RB content (and a bit of GH), with the hopes that some day soon I'll be able to put ALL my RB content in one place. Card swapping is not something I really want to deal with, but if it came down to that I sure wouldn't berate or try to discredit the good people that create their awesome work (for free, no less).

I certainly appreciate what the devs have done and are doing with their time for little to no reward. Please know that your effort is VERY much appreciated and the Internet can make schmucks of us all.

you can put all rockband content in one place. emulated nand on fat32 usb HDD or stick and Uloader

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
you can put all rockband content in one place. emulated nand on fat32 usb HDD or stick and Uloader
Except it's slow as molasses, doesn't support RawkSD customs, and requires much more effort than it's worth.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Szalkow said:
terminal_illness said:
Except it's slow as molasses, doesn't support RawkSD customs, and requires much more effort than it's worth.
It only takes about 3 minutes to load. It is not that bad unless someone is not patient. After the lenght of time people have been waiting for the new RawkSD it seems that the appeal is not there anymore. Let's be realistic here, first most people have no clue how much work Rawk SD is or how much time Aaron has put in it. Mamy people that has been following the development/this thread are wondering, to the point of sarcasm, when it is coming out.

Then Riivolution come out before the new RawkSD. For a lot of people this is more than likely the cherry on the sundae. I know it exist. I had looked at Aaron proof of concept video and it looked amazingly real.

Whenever it comes out it does. Aaron keep up the good work.

PS I would not be wating my time on RawkSD this weekend especially with the weather forecast around GTA

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay.gif
I agree, Awesome work Aaron! Thanks for making these great apps all on your own!
bow.gif

bevelmatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Easter everyone!

I just got back from an egg hunt, and I found RawkSD 3 inside of one of the eggs. As soon as I got home to install it, it exploded into a Cadbury chocolate caramel goo. Too bad... I was so close to having all of my customs and DLC in one place on my hard drive. Fortunately, I forgot all about it when I tasted the gooey caramel center. MMM!

Still rockin' RawkSD 2 (with a massive sugar buzz)

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Szalkow said:
terminal_illness said:

Well now with UNEEK, the loading time has been cut down considerably. Previously with Uloader, the loading time is approx. 2 mins at the 'guy hitting the drum' screen and approx. 4 mins at the 'Checking Wii System' screen. - Yes, I did the timing.

With UNEEk, the loading time is approx. 40sec at the 'drum' screen and approx. 1 min at the 'Checking' screen.

This is for loading all 4 generations of the DLC.

Only downside is I'm loading from the disc channel as I have not got the USBloader version working.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to chime in that i am very happy using my 360 for Rock Band 2 now. I have over 1100 songs available on the hdd without waiting, everything in HD (360 version of Rock Band 2 is utterly gorgeous compared to the filth the Wii one looks like), sounds even better and the best part.. I just got one of those Rock Band Stage Kits with the fog machine and LED lights/Strobe Light. It is INCREDIBLE!!!

So yah, if you guys are tired of waiting, get yourself a JTAG 360 and go to town with the ultimate rock band setup.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
I just wanted to chime in that i am very happy using my 360 for Rock Band 2 now. I have over 1100 songs available on the hdd without waiting, everything in HD (360 version of Rock Band 2 is utterly gorgeous compared to the filth the Wii one looks like), sounds even better and the best part.. I just got one of those Rock Band Stage Kits with the fog machine and LED lights/Strobe Light. It is INCREDIBLE!!!

So yah, if you guys are tired of waiting, get yourself a JTAG 360 and go to town with the ultimate rock band setup.
I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars on a modded console just for rock band 2

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazor said:
quepaso said:

I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars on a modded console just for rock band 2

I second that. This is the reason why the Wii is more than 2x the sales of the 360 and the PS3 combined. Its cheap, fun and simple. The majority of people don't care about this HD crap.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:

Thank you that solved all my problems!

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:

Amen to this. It also has built in support for track exporting from RB1 and Lego Rock Band and there's a community that has already provided customs of the GH games, including the full BH track list. And if that's not enough to sell you, you've got the Rock Band network, which isn't available on Wii, and won't be (at least not in its entirety).

Another great thing is that instruments for the 360 are plentiful, not overpriced like those for the Wii. At any moment I need a new guitar, I can snag one off of the local Craigslist for $5-$10, tops. Same with the other instruments (Ok, I paid $14.99 for a set of RB2 drums with a metal pedal).

Since switching, I haven't looked back, and I certainly don't miss keeping track of my SD cards and tediously swapping songs to manage the latest releases. Used to think the Wii RB was best, but that's because I was just being tight. Having played the 360 version more now and understanding what it can do, it's definitely the superior platform for this particular title.

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please stop spamming this thread with discussion of the XBox360 version of RB2. Last time I checked, there's an Xbox/360 section of the forum here, so you can use that section to talk about your Xbox360 JTAG piracy and leave this thread for people who want to talk about RawkSD, a customs app for RB2 for Wii, in the Wii section of the forums. Thanks!

Finnulf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm with lazor & crwys - I have too much invested in RB2/Wii to start from scratch on another console; there is no reason I should have to reinvest what I have sunk into DLC and controllers into another console. This, despite that I'm getting a 360 (primarily for Borderlands). RB2/Wii plays just fine, the main features it lacks come from laziness in coding.

Finally, as has already been pointed out, the 360 folks have their own forum just as the pirates have their own thread(s). Go kick up dust elsewhere, trolls.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm pretty happy with my Wii, since it is possible to create and use your favorite songs on Rock Band 2 with RawkSD. Will be even better when RawkSD 3 gets released in a near future (crossing fingers
biggrin.gif
)

Can 360 do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow