Homebrew Rock Band 2 DLC on vWii

technodude9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm trying to load some wads of Rock Band 2 DLC into my WiiU's vWii via yawmm, but I'm having trouble with the install step.

The install appears to run, but at the end of whatever files I try, I get error 1022 (Error code -1022 content did not match hash in TMD). The wads all indicate they use IOS37 which I haven't patched, but I also can't tell if I need to/should patch it. I've seen a few posts on here about people nearly bricking their systems trying to do a patch of IOS37, but I also can't find any posts confirming that patching it will even fix the issue. I would include links to the other posts that I'm basing this on but I don't know if that's allowed given my newbie status.

For background, I'm on a WiiU with the most up to date firmware and tiramisu, as well as the most up to date versions (as far as I can tell) of the vWii homebrew channel and yawmm. My goal is to run Rock Band 2 off the disc and have it access the DLC wads as installed by yawmm or another tool suited to the job. USB Loader GX would be preferable to the disc version but I understand that route has its own set of problems. Also, the SD card I'm using is 32GB so I believe wad2bin isn't a viable option in this scenario, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Assuming patching IOS37 would let me install the DLC wads with yawmm, is there a patched 37 I could install safely and a guide on how to do that?

Alternatively, if patching IOS37 *isn't* the right move, does anyone know what is?

Thanks very much in advance for any insight!

Squidboy425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm trying to load some wads of Rock Band 2 DLC into my WiiU's vWii via yawmm, but I'm having trouble with the install step.

The install appears to run, but at the end of whatever files I try, I get error 1022 (Error code -1022 content did not match hash in TMD). The wads all indicate they use IOS37 which I haven't patched, but I also can't tell if I need to/should patch it. I've seen a few posts on here about people nearly bricking their systems trying to do a patch of IOS37, but I also can't find any posts confirming that patching it will even fix the issue. I would include links to the other posts that I'm basing this on but I don't know if that's allowed given my newbie status.

For background, I'm on a WiiU with the most up to date firmware and tiramisu, as well as the most up to date versions (as far as I can tell) of the vWii homebrew channel and yawmm. My goal is to run Rock Band 2 off the disc and have it access the DLC wads as installed by yawmm or another tool suited to the job. USB Loader GX would be preferable to the disc version but I understand that route has its own set of problems. Also, the SD card I'm using is 32GB so I believe wad2bin isn't a viable option in this scenario, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Assuming patching IOS37 would let me install the DLC wads with yawmm, is there a patched 37 I could install safely and a guide on how to do that?

Alternatively, if patching IOS37 *isn't* the right move, does anyone know what is?

Thanks very much in advance for any insight!
Rock band 2 only allows for a 2 gig sd card

technodude9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like I can get most if not all of the songs from Rock Band 2 in Rock Band 3 with very little extra effort. I've given up on RB2 for now but I'd love to know if someone comes up with a way to get Rock Band 2 DLC to play natively without needing to use a bunch of separate 2GB SD cards.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I followed a tutorial for transform wad to bin
Now I got bin files in private folder of my sd and some wads "bogus" in root
I copy false wad in "wad" folder and trying to install in vWii with YAWM I get an error

Which program do I need to use for install bogus wad in vwii? How is this process?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...