QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by OSW, May 17, 2009.

1. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    No, ModMii or SetMiiUp [Wii Updater] downloads the file you need, as example, they do not let you select the slot/base, well, they do, but once the wad its created you cant change the base nor the slot, since its a wad file, the wad file already comes with a base and a slot.

2. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    So, use modmii, choose base 57 and cios250 (to download), install with wad manager, then in USB loader gx in the game settings change the games base?

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can change the install slot for a shared (IOS) wad with ShowMiiWads. You can modify an IOS installer WAD to install to 215 but it will still be whatever revision you're installing, just with a different index.

You can't change the IOS they run under because they are an IOS. :)

4. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    I sure am glad "newbie" is in the title of this thread because I am still not following... From modmii I now have a wad file that says cios250(57). If I run this, are you saying that I will have base 57 installed in slot 250 AND whatever base I currently have installed in slot 249? (Only one base allowed per cios slot). Will games that require base 57 work automatically then or will have to change the USB loader game settings? I see two settings there, one for loader and one for game. Thank you for your help!

5. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Just do this, generate a SysCheck report using SysCheck, drag and drop the report to modmii, and it will give you the needed files, all the cIOS with the needed bases ;D

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    No. IOS 250 is always IOS 250. It's just an index for special shared "apps" on the Wii. If you install that you will have a patched IOS 57 "kernel" installed in the 250 slot. That's what you want. You just have to set your loader to use that slot for a game.

IOS slots are different from regular channels installed on the Wii. They have a ticket and content/data info but their binary code is installed differently. I don't think any of the loaders currently auto-detect what the best cIOS should be used but that would be a great idea.

If you're doing a recommended d2x install (249[56], 250[57] and optionally 251[58]) almost everything should work on 249. Some games like the CoD series and Just Dance series will need 250.

7. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Here. I will upload the SysCheck report and maybe you can see what I am doing wrong. I'm trying to the get the CoD games and the Just Dance games to work with no success so far. I've tried setting the games to 250 and 224 in USB Loader GX with no luck.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited by chachaprince1, May 20, 2017
  8. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    You are missing these files:
    [​IMG]

Your queue files.

9. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    That did it! I downloaded and installed everything recommended by ModMii and then chose 250 in USB Loader GX. Thank you for your patience!

10. CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    United States
    Okay, I've long since set up USB Loader GX...

I was trying to get a game I ripped with clean rip (Xenoblade) to work on my USB (brand new SanDisk Cruzer Edge 32 gb, and unfortunately the only one on hand) when suddenly USB Loader would just freeze when it detects the USB.

Literally 30 seconds between attempts and it stops working completely. I'm 100% positive that it successfully initialized the USB before. As far as I'm aware I didn't change anything on the system or USB, and I've moved everything off the USB since then and still it freezes.

11. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    You've probably bricked your flash drive by attempting to load an .iso with it using a USB loader.
    You should know that it is widely, highly discouraged to USB-load .isos from a flash drive, as opposed to a HDD/SSD. Flash drives simply aren't meant to endure the extremely frantic read-and-write operations that disc-based gameplay entails. They're meant to be used by loading one, or very few, files at a time, but what your Wii is doing is decoding the .iso, grabbing files from it to put into the RAM and evict from the RAM to grab other new files from the .iso, very quickly. This creates a whole bunch of wear-and-tear on your flash drive REALLY DAMN FAST.

If you want to load Genesis/SNES/NES/GB(C)/A ROMs from your flash drive, that's fine since it loads the ROM only once into RAM and is read from there. ISOs are read constantly from your flash drive every time something is loaded in-game.

Solution: Get a USB HDD/SSD, and save yourself the trouble of going through flash drives like popcorn.

12. CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    United States
    Uh, whoops... It still seems to work in general so I guess I didn't F it up too badly.

Dunno what I'll do with it now though.