QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by OSW, May 17, 2009.

1. JeffJason

JeffJason Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hello.I signed up for my wii problem.I couldnt fix it for 2 week and i want to ask it you guys.I bought a Wii then hacked it with guide of the A2Z Geek from youtube.Installed v10 249 base 56 and 250 base 57.Formatted my usb as FAT32 and its allocation unit size is 32k.My games are scrubbed .wbfs.

When i try to load games from usb loader gx ,i am getting blackscreen on games that i played before without a problem.And i couldnt even play once some games like wii party,wii sports resorts etc.

Edit:My loader and game ios are 249

Last edited by JeffJason, Mar 14, 2017

2. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Are you using a USb stick or an HD ???

3. JeffJason

JeffJason Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Usb Stick.16GB Sandisk Ultra 3.0

4. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    There is no 249 loader, thats the CIOS, do you mind posting a syscheck? you can follow my mini guide here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/setmiiup-from-stock-to-latest-softmod-in-less-then-5-10-minutes.459416/

5. JeffJason

JeffJason Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
  6. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Follow the link i gave you, and start from scratch, follow all the instructions on it ;D

7. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Ok, sometimes, some USB Stick isn't recognized by the wii.

The USB HDD have more compatibility than the USB Stick. Try with an HD to see if your problems will be fix.

8. Jake9

Jake9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    There is software you can download from WDs website depending on the model you have that should let you disable this function. It probably came on the HDD but you probably deleted it when formatting. That's what I did anyway.

9. notreally

notreally Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    So, I set up my Wii according to this guide.

Everything went well, except for Wii game loading. My HDD's formatted to fat32, and I have my games set up in the correct usb:\wbfs\Gamename [TITLE]\game.wbfs structure, but USB Loader GX doesn't want to load them. I just get a black screen for a few seconds, and my Wii remote disconnects, before it exits back to the main Homebrew Channel menu. I re-installed the cIOS in slots 249 and 250, but that didn't do anything.

Here's my syscheck report, as well. Any help would be appreciated.

10. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  11. notreally

notreally Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the link, jeannotte. Here's the report generated with the newer Syscheck.

12. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  13. notreally

notreally Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    Here's the report following that.
    Shouldn't the cIOS in 249 be beta53? Now that I look at the report I see I based my first attempt on 58 instead of 56, that could be the problem.

Edit: Nope, that didn't help. Never mind. The report for that attempt, for reference.

Last edited by notreally, Mar 31, 2017
  14. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    This ratio ==> https://a.pomf.cat/myirlj.txt is OK .

So test your games, you can also test with other Loaders, like Configurable loader v70 or Wiiflow and result ??

With Wii backup manager, you can see if your games are not corrupt, by going to "tools", then "sash-hash," then check the item or all.

If green == OK
    If red == delete and redo dump (original copy)

15. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
  16. Hi-Dro

Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    Hey guys and girls, so I have a problem Hacked my wii last year and everything was working just fine, had it unplugged for some months now, Originally was using it with a usb stick (which worked fine) and now have a hard drive so wanted to fill it up, But no matter what drive I'm using it is not recognising any of them, I haven't touched it for about 6 months, any idea whats causing this ? and how to fix it ? :(

Using USB loader gx and Wiiflow

Last edited by Hi-Dro, Apr 4, 2017
  17. jeannotte

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hi-Dro likes this.
  18. Tommy531jed

Tommy531jed Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Canada
    How come my backups work on Wiiflow but not USB Loader GX? Every time I load the game on GX I get booted back to the home menu or homebrew channel depending where I opened GX.

19. Hi-Dro

Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
  20. Ryan Parrott

Ryan Parrott Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    Quick question: Is it possible to download ROMs of Wii games and then use a usb loader to put them on my Wii? And if so, how? There is a game that I cannot find anywhere and I really want to be able to play again.