QUICK/NEWBIE QUESTIONS here!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by OSW, May 17, 2009.

1. banjo2

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Possible, yes, but we can't give out links to piracy websites on GBATemp.

2. Ryan Parrott

Ryan Parrott Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    Right, I get that. I guess my main question is how do I get the ROMs onto my Wii and play them? I have homebrew and USB loader GX on there, but I don't really know what to do with that.

3. banjo2

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    If using your own games, press this button. It should be in the bottom left corner. upload_2017-4-25_19-10-50.png

It should install the game currently in the disc slot onto your USB drive.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It's against the rules to ask for or provide links to copyrighted material.

5. azzarod

azzarod Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Quick answer: yes.

Slightly longer answer - you will need to install a backup loader (USB Loader GX and WiiFlow seem to be the most popular) to do so. If you search these boards, you can find tutorials on how to do this.

As far as finding wii games to download, you're on your own - while people will help you get your backup loader working, piracy of games is not permitted to be discussed on these boards.

Good luck!

banjo2 likes this.
  6. Ryan Parrott

Ryan Parrott Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I'm back with another question. I had previously downloaded the cIOSs I needed to run USB Loader GX. When opening the application it tells me that it has recognized zero of the files and I need to download them again. When I go into cIOS rev20b Installer from homebrew it allows me to select which one I need, but then my Wii remote turns off before I can press A to allow it to download. I have tried 3 different remotes, all with the same result. If I try to turn them back on they flash the player indicator lights at the bottom for a good 30 seconds before turning off again. Any ideas on how to turn them on again after that?

7. Andrew89898

Andrew89898 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Hey I'm trying to help my friend set up backups on the Wii, he has got USB loader gx and we used Wii backup manager with a fat32 USB to load an ISO to it.

The USB loader gx says error USB not initialised. Switching to channel list mode.

What can we try?

Also I understand a syscheck can provide help for this, is there a guide for how to perform one?

Thanks.

8. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  9. CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    United States
    What's the easiest/safest to use USB loader? Been trying to investigate USB loader GX but information seems scattered and some tutorials are telling me to install a cIOS, which I'd prefer to not do.

Is there something more simple, like a homebrew channel app?

10. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    You need cIOS for that:

Short Answer, try my app SetMiiUp.

Long Answer: you need cIOS 236 to get access to install cIOS 249, which is to load games via USB, you can also install cIOS 222,223,224,236, 248, 249 an 250. There is no APP to use to load games without patching ios.

11. CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    United States
    Hmm, thanks. I'm going to investigate my options a bit more...

12. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Again, you dont have any other options than that.

13. Therion28290

Therion28290 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    Canada
    Hi everyone.

I have gamecube games working perfectly from my external HDD on my Wii in .iso format with Nintendont, but I can't get the games to show up in cfg Loader. I have read guides and googled for an answer, but can't find one. I'm sure it is something simple like where the .iso files are located or something. From what I have read, the .iso files just need to be in a "games" folder on the root of the drive. This is what I have, with the .isos all in the games folder, not in their own folders inside "games".

I also have been using an actual gamecube controller, but would like the option to use a PS3 controller or the wiimote/nunchuk combo, but don't like the default button mapping for these controllers. The link to controller.ini files is broken, so if someone could paste these controller.ini files here, I could tweak the button mapping from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

14. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    "/games/<game title> [titleID]/game.iso"
    "/games/<game title> [titleID]/disc2.iso"

They need to be in separate folders per game. Adding the title ID to the folder name will speed up some loaders scanning for the games.

15. Therion28290

Therion28290 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2017
    Canada
    Thanks for your reply. I tried it and the games showed up, but they freeze to a black screen and I have to hold down the power button on the Wii for several seconds to turn it off. It doesn't matter if I run them from the cfg Loader channel or through the Homebrew channel. Again, they work perfectly when I launch them from Nintendont through the Homebrew channel. Thanks anyway.

16. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Hello! I'm trying to play Just Dance 2015, which I've read requires base 57, but where/how do I switch/add bases? If I switch to 57, will all of the other games stop working? I'm currently using ios249 buy I don't know the base. USB loader is fully up to date.

17. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    You can use ModMii or SetMiiUp to fix this issue, and install different bases.

18. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Can you have multiple bases installed at once and do you need to switch back and forth between them?

19. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    each slot have 1 base, but you can fully use let say from 245 to 250 to have your custom ios, again, use SetMiiUp or ModMII.

20. chachaprince1

chachaprince1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. Does this sound right: I use modmii or similar app to create a wad a file. In that creation process I select base 57 and a cios that is not 249 (lets say 250) because I am using 249 already. Then, when I use USB loader gx, in the settings for the game, I select cios 250 for the loader cios and game cios?