ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

gtsdwx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you are banned from the eshop? then how you can update the small ones? there is NNID check for the game.
My NNID isn't banned, only my eshop access, I think small updates don't need to download from eshop because I can download it normally.. but I don't know how to unban my accont (error 005-5964) I can't find a good tutorial with A9LH

Last edited by gtsdwx,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wonder when we will get a 1.4 update. Or will the current version work?
I just started looking at it. PSSE's 1.3.36 version looks compatible with the 1.4.0 version of the game, which is cool for me. Basic stuff like item management seems working flawlessly, but edit your Pokemons at your own risk (always keep a backup !).
For the record, I have dumped and extracted the latest version of the game without any trouble. The infos on the wiki are way outdated and badly written, but they are still relevant.

I'll start digging in those files now. Wish me luck :D

Edit: Okay, so as i said the extraction went nicely.
I still have to figure out the changes I need to make to the .txt resources but before I can do that I have to update the sprites database, which is actually tricky because I have to rename each sprite individually by hand...

Last edited by supercarotte,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone !

After updating PSSE and fixing the most obvious bugs, PSSE looks stable enough for an alpha release. I insist on the "alpha" term : I don't expect PSSE to be stable yet, as there have quite a few changes in the files structures that I haven't adressed yet. More than always keep a backup and obviously report everything that goes wrong.

I know there is a problem with M-Gengar (the new shiny one has kind of replaced the smiling one, which still exists though so I need to figure it out), score editing is broken and most unreleased pokemons can't be caught yet. Basic stuff like the bulk edits should still work fine though.

Also, I decided that the PSSE wouldn't create a "resource" folder anymore. YOU DON'T NEED TO PROVIDE THEM : PSSE always used and still uses built-in resource files. Only if you want to manually update PSSE's resource files (which means if you can't wait for me to put PSSE up-to-date with the game), you'l have to create a "resources" folder inside PSSE's directory yourself and feed it the proper files. I'll detail the files etc in the wiki when it's done.

jimbo4273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, supercarotte, I was wondering if you could implement a way to create a fully hacked save, giving you every Pokémon that has data (even the 30BP Opportunists), and fully invested (max MSU, SL5)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, supercarotte, I was wondering if you could implement a way to create a fully hacked save, giving you every Pokémon that has data (even the 30BP Opportunists), and fully invested (max MSU, SL5)
I'm not sure what you mean by MSU & SL5, sorry, but the "bulk edits" section has codes to max everything you can possibly max out on all of your caught Pokemons. PSSE also has an hidden option to give you all possible Pokemons that you can only trigger by looking at its source code, but it won't do you any good since unreleased pokemons won't appear in-game no matter what (not sure why, maybe it can be "unfixed" somehow but I won't look into it unless there's a research need for it).
I (and the people who worked on it before me) designed PSSE to be as legit as possible, hence why there aren't direct options to break your save. Feel free to look at PSSE's code and the earliest pages of this thread though, you should be able to find all relevant informations there.

Btw, I've added a couple fixes to the code today. I'll see tonight what more I can do and release a (hopefully) proper release tomorrow.

Last edited by supercarotte,

jimbo4273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by MSU & SL5, sorry, but the "bulk edits" section has codes to max everything you can possibly max out on all of your caught Pokemons. PSSE also has an hidden option to give you all possible Pokemons that you can only trigger by looking at its source code, but it won't do you any good since unreleased pokemons won't appear in-game no matter what (not sure why, maybe it can be "unfixed" somehow but I won't look into it unless there's a research need for it).
I (and the people who worked on it before me) designed PSSE to be as legit as possible, hence why there aren't direct options to break your save. Feel free to look at PSSE's code and the earliest pages of this thread though, you should be able to find all relevant informations there.

Btw, I've added a couple fixes to the code today. I'll see tonight what more I can do and release a (hopefully) proper release tomorrow.
MSU is Mega Speed Ups, SL5 is Skill Level 5, and I was able to get some of the Pokémon from the new update in, but not all of them. Thanks for the response, though!

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
MSU is Mega Speed Ups, SL5 is Skill Level 5, and I was able to get some of the Pokémon from the new update in, but not all of them. Thanks for the response, though!
Okay, I did understand then ^^
You can give SL5/MSUs to any Pokémon using PSSE (and it's impossible to boost them higher since the game uses a static list of effects per level for each level that only goes up to lvl 5). You can't set a level higher than 5 or give more MSUs than the in-game cap though, but it doesn't matter anyway because skill level is tied to an in-game list of effects per level&skill that only has entries for levels 1-5 and unreleased megas have a placeholder skill anyway.

To be honest, I thought about an "illegal mode" for PSSE too but I really don't want it to be accesible from the releases executables. Maybe I should keep more of the code snippets that I use to figure stuff out, but whatever I do I'll always keep it off the complied releases.

AznPride112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@supercarotte
Hi. Is there a way you can make it that it ticks every Pokemon as caught? Even the Unreleased ones? I have two DS's and one of them I use for testing stuff/things. And I want to see the new icons/what was added, but having to go through the list and ticking all the Alola Pokemon is pretty tedious :\

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@supercarotte
Hi. Is there a way you can make it that it ticks every Pokemon as caught? Even the Unreleased ones? I have two DS's and one of them I use for testing stuff/things. And I want to see the new icons/what was added, but having to go through the list and ticking all the Alola Pokemon is pretty tedious :\
Unreleased Pokémon typically aren't finished yet and will be properly added with one of those 1.4.X extra data updates.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte

Like I said just a few posts earlier, take a look at PSSE's code if you want that option but for some reason it doesn't work anyway.

reddit123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@supercarotte
Any idea where the following files are now located?
messagePokedex_US.bin
PokemonAbility.bin
PokemonLevel.bin

The unpacker doesn't unpack those an a bunch of other files anymore. I'm guessing the file structure changed again with 1.4.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte
Any idea where the following files are now located?
messagePokedex_US.bin
PokemonAbility.bin
PokemonLevel.bin

The unpacker doesn't unpack those an a bunch of other files anymore. I'm guessing the file structure changed again with 1.4.

The file structure didn't change in 1.4. The Unpacker only names the files that it knows of from the earliest versions of the game, so check these. If you open a numbered fil with an Hex Editor such as HxD, you'll see their name in plain text at the beginnning of the file. messagePokedex_US.bin is in the message_US folder, while the other two are from the Configuration Tables folder.

I did not get my hands on version 1.4.3 yet, I will extract it as soon as I can spend more than 10 minutes at my desk. :D

Reactions: noctis90210

904funny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unreleased Pokémon typically aren't finished yet and will be properly added with one of those 1.4.X extra data updates.

From the last update, I randomly received unreleased Alolan Pokémon with improper list numbers and the placeholder skill. When these Pokémon do get released, will they automatically be corrected to have the right skills? (With extra data)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the last update, I randomly received unreleased Alolan Pokémon with improper list numbers and the placeholder skill. When these Pokémon do get released, will they automatically be corrected to have the right skills? (With extra data)
They should. The game just doesn't know how to handle them yet. This is why originally the PSSE didn't allow you to "catch" unreleased Pokémon as they are not are properly set up in the game yet.

DarkraiPGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when i open it and when i click Open aavedata.bin it opens a a file and says open like your opening a file and when i try to open it it says

savedata.bin
File not found.
Check the file name and try again

But i dont know what to do after that says that so please help me. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...