ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let me preface this by saying I only tested this Version of the Program with Pokémon that have been made available officially and not ones that haven't been released by the developers of Pokémon Shuffle yet.

I basically used the Bulk Edit option to update the Save File on my secondary 3DS to match all the maximum changes I made on my Primary 3DS' Save File, then scrolled down the list of Pokémon in the Owned Pokémon Section.

That said, I had no trouble with the Program with the exception of 5 Pokémon which are:
  • 86: Corsola
  • 177: Ash-Greninja (Listed as Greninja Ash)
  • 192: Hippowdon (Male)
  • 218: Granbull
  • 226: Genesect (Original, not the shiny one)
When these 5 are selected, whether they've been captured, uncaptured, had their stats altered or not, I get an error message saying: "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

I tried selecting the Reset Pokémon option in Bulk Edits to see if this was being caused by an issue with say the Max Level or with their Abilities as the Program wouldn't let me select anything other than their name in the listing and I still couldn't select them properly.

Now, what's odd, is that you can still max out their Stats, Levels, and Abilities just fine using the "Bulk Edits" option as that's what I did before transferring the Save back on to my 3DS, but for some reason, actually selecting them in the Owned Pokémon section (and possibly having them in your current Team when loading the Program, I don't know, I didn't check) brings up the error message.

It also freezes the icon of the Pokémon that was selected before these 5 were selected in the Owned Pokémon section.

Until it's fixed, I recommend not selecting them or having them in your Team when using the Program just to be safe. If you need to max out their Levels, stats, etc., use the Bulk Edit option or do it manually in the actual Game itself with your Items.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to say that this Version is very solid despite this small issue.

Excellent work and thanks for releasing this! :yay3ds:

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Okay, let me preface this by saying I only tested this Version of the Program with Pokémon that have been made available officially and not ones that haven't been released by the developers of Pokémon Shuffle yet.

I basically used the Bulk Edit option to update the Save File on my secondary 3DS to match all the maximum changes I made on my Primary 3DS' Save File, then scrolled down the list of Pokémon in the Owned Pokémon Section.

That said, I had no trouble with the Program with the exception of 5 Pokémon which are:
  • 86: Corsola
  • 177: Ash-Greninja (Listed as Greninja Ash)
  • 192: Hippowdon (Male)
  • 218: Granbull
  • 226: Genesect (Original, not the shiny one)
When these 5 are selected, whether they've been captured, uncaptured, had their stats altered or not, I get an error message saying: "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

I tried selecting the Reset Pokémon option in Bulk Edits to see if this was being caused by an issue with say the Max Level or with their Abilities as the Program wouldn't let me select anything other than their name in the listing and I still couldn't select them properly.

Now, what's odd, is that you can still max out their Stats, Levels, and Abilities just fine using the "Bulk Edits" option as that's what I did before transferring the Save back on to my 3DS, but for some reason, actually selecting them in the Owned Pokémon section (and possibly having them in your current Team when loading the Program, I don't know, I didn't check) brings up the error message.

It also freezes the icon of the Pokémon that was selected before these 5 were selected in the Owned Pokémon section.

Until it's fixed, I recommend not selecting them or having them in your Team when using the Program just to be safe. If you need to max out their Levels, stats, etc., use the Bulk Edit option or do it manually in the actual Game itself with your Items.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to say that this Version is very solid despite this small issue.

Excellent work and thanks for releasing this! :yay3ds:
I just checked out these 5 pokemon, and you're right, the program does crash with that error. I'm 99% sure this is a programming issue that @supercarotte will have to address. I dont have the skills to do so unfortunately.
From what I understand, he did run into some bugs around the time 1.4 was released. In fact, he latest release was alpha release. I also noticed that one of the recent versions gave me unreleased pokemon (#999) that I manually had to untick. I don't know which version did that cause I only saw it 2 days ago, and I'm pretty sure that happened with the "catch all obtainables" option.

I dont use that option anymore so I cant confirm if that issue still exists, but still, from this issue, and what you've found, I believe the code needs a second look there.

And yes, maxing stats through bulk for all pokemon will include these 5. It's just that they can't be accessed manually for some reason.

What do you mean it will freeze the icon of the pokemon selected before this 5? So you mean, Gastrodon West will freeze because it's before Genesect? That doesn't happen over here

Other than that, glad to see the update is working fine. Like I said, pretty sure this issue is in the coding itself rather than this actual update :)

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean by freezing the Icon is let say you have Corphish selected in the Owned Pokémon Section. When you scroll down to Corsola in that menu using your Mouse Wheel, or select Corsolla Manually, get the error message, but choose to continue, the Owned Pokémon section freezes on the previous Pokémon that was selected, in this case being Corphish forcing you to close the program.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
What I mean by freezing the Icon is let say you have Corphish selected in the Owned Pokémon Section. When you scroll down to Corsola in that menu using your Mouse Wheel, or select Corsolla Manually, get the error message, but choose to continue, the Owned Pokémon section freezes on the previous Pokémon that was selected, in this case being Corphish forcing you to close the program.
Oh that's normal behaviour of the program. When it crashes, nothing happens when you select continue because no code is being executed anymore

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

That said, thanks again for this Version. I just used it with my Save Data on my Primary 3DS and haven't run into any problems upon putting that edited data back on my 3DS.

Hope supercarrotte brings out a new update soon, but for now, this Version will be very welcome.

Take it easy and thanks again! ;)

Reactions: Madridi

czama35

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@supercarotte ... So tried the latest version of PSSE 1.4.1 last week and was NOT able to update the latest raise max level pokemon (it gave me an error), however, If I did not touch any of the new RML pokemon,I was still able to load up on all items so I did all items. I did all the new RML pokemon manually. This week, after leveling up most of the new pokemon with RML (and also megastones), I was looking to refill all items and was unable to open the file. I think, it might be because the new existing pokemon have a level higher than 10 and/or a megastone count greater than the original..I think PSSe maybe expecting the old limits for these pokemon...I get a min/max error. I would just be happy with being able to update all items. Thanks if this helps!!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@supercarotte ... So tried the latest version of PSSE 1.4.1 last week and was NOT able to update the latest raise max level pokemon (it gave me an error), however, If I did not touch any of the new RML pokemon,I was still able to load up on all items so I did all items. I did all the new RML pokemon manually. This week, after leveling up most of the new pokemon with RML (and also megastones), I was looking to refill all items and was unable to open the file. I think, it might be because the new existing pokemon have a level higher than 10 and/or a megastone count greater than the original..I think PSSe maybe expecting the old limits for these pokemon...I get a min/max error. I would just be happy with being able to update all items. Thanks if this helps!!
Try my update of the program in the page before this. Use it at your own risk though

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum, there has been quite a lot of problems here since my last intervention. :sad:

First of all, I should apologize because I already commited a few fixes to the latest release but didn't publish a release from it. I just compiled it along as the latest files and published it, though it should be identical to yours @Madridi . I also cleaned up the wiki page, so updating should be a bit easier now.
I must have said it a thousand times, but I don't code for a living. I'm actually a med student with big stuff coming this year so, though I love being here and making PSSE, It requires days of work that I simply can't afford right now. Anyway, I know PSSE has had a lot of issues since v1.4.0 and I'm dying to fix them, but I can't give you an ETA. Please bare with me, and if anyone's wants to dig in feel free to ask all questions you want. I took over SciresM's and Nicolette's work with no knowledga about PSSE, save editors or even C# at all, so I should be able to explain it to others. ^_^

Before I forget, huge thanks to you @Madridi for your help ! :grog:

Reactions: Otakyon and Smynos

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hum, there has been quite a lot of problems here since my last intervention. :sad:

First of all, I should apologize because I already commited a few fixes to the latest release but didn't publish a release from it. I just compiled it along as the latest files and published it, though it should be identical to yours @Madridi . I also cleaned up the wiki page, so updating should be a bit easier now.
I must have said it a thousand times, but I don't code for a living. I'm actually a med student with big stuff coming this year so, though I love being here and making PSSE, It requires days of work that I simply can't afford right now. Anyway, I know PSSE has had a lot of issues since v1.4.0 and I'm dying to fix them, but I can't give you an ETA. Please bare with me, and if anyone's wants to dig in feel free to ask all questions you want. I took over SciresM's and Nicolette's work with no knowledga about PSSE, save editors or even C# at all, so I should be able to explain it to others. ^_^

Before I forget, huge thanks to you @Madridi for your help ! :grog:
It's alright man. I knew you did this as a hobby and I figured you got busy :)
I don't think a lot of problems are there at the moment. As far as I can see it's just the following:
- 5 Pokemon mentioned in a few posts above, can't be accessed and modified for some reason. However maxing those Pokemon stats along others in bulk changes work fine
- Catch all obtainable "might" have a bug of giving you unreleased Pokemon, and potentially uncatching released Pokemon (This does exist with one of the recent releases of the program, need confirmation if it still exists in the latest release)

Just curious, any other bugs you have noticed that will require fixing? It would help if we are all aware of what they are (and maybe even remind you of them when the time comes)

I just checked your commit, and I noticed 2 things:
- it says 1.4.5 files? We are now at 1.4.7 .. Was that a typo or is it really 1.4.5?
- you mentioned you made a couple of fixes, but I can only see resource update, am I missing something?

Thanks for the wiki update, I quickly skimmed through it and noticed two things needed clarification:
- when manually creating a resource folder along PSSE.exe, is it "resource" or "resources"? There are instances when it says the first name in the wiki and instances where it says the second
- after decrypting the cxi with packhack, the result has "extractedRomFS" folder and "DecryptedRomFS.bin".. There is no "DecryptedRomFS" folder. Can you explain that bit?

That being said, real life comes first, so focusing on your studies should come first, and now with the wiki update it should be good enough for users to update it themselves until you have time to look at this again, since nothing major is broken as far as I can see.

Happy I was able to help cover for your work even for just a while :)

Thanks again for your work!

Reactions: Otakyon

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember what bugs are left, I need to get back at PSSE's code for that.

- My bad, it says 1.4.5 because that's the latest version I remembered from Serebii and I didn't check in-game. I extracted the files from the game yesterday so it's 1.4.7, I should change it.
- The megastones weren't handled correctly (some stones weren't linked to the correct Pokemon, Shiny Gengar for example), sprites for mega stages were replaced by sprites of random pokemons (because PSSE only read a truncated part of the actual reference) and scores didn't behave properly when edited (changing the score on one stage qould affect the score on others).

- It's "resources", but you're right that's confusing (since even I am confused). I'll fix the Wiki, any idea to make it more explicit ?
- I actually never noticed that, I guess I should pay more attention to what I'm doing :blush:

Also, I adressed the Corsole&co issue this morning. A bunch of new skills (as well as placeholders) were added in the latest update but PSSE failed to detect them (because they weren't just put next to the "original ones" in the file), which results in a crash when attempting to display those Pokemons (because PSSE tried to load the 124th item in a list of 99). Commit should be up but I'll wait until I get more stuff done to justify a release.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I don't remember what bugs are left, I need to get back at PSSE's code for that.

- My bad, it says 1.4.5 because that's the latest version I remembered from Serebii and I didn't check in-game. I extracted the files from the game yesterday so it's 1.4.7, I should change it.
- The megastones weren't handled correctly (some stones weren't linked to the correct Pokemon, Shiny Gengar for example), sprites for mega stages were replaced by sprites of random pokemons (because PSSE only read a truncated part of the actual reference) and scores didn't behave properly when edited (changing the score on one stage qould affect the score on others).

- It's "resources", but you're right that's confusing (since even I am confused). I'll fix the Wiki, any idea to make it more explicit ?
- I actually never noticed that, I guess I should pay more attention to what I'm doing :blush:

Also, I adressed the Corsole&co issue this morning. A bunch of new skills (as well as placeholders) were added in the latest update but PSSE failed to detect them (because they weren't just put next to the "original ones" in the file), which results in a crash when attempting to display those Pokemons (because PSSE tried to load the 124th item in a list of 99). Commit should be up but I'll wait until I get more stuff done to justify a release.
Just saw the new commits and changes, so not much for me to comment on.

For resources, you can just put quotes " " to grab the readers attention to the word, along with it being bolded, and glad to see you meant ExtractedROMFS folder :)
I'll read the wiki more carefully the next time I'm looking to update resource file, and will let you know if something needs fixing, but from what I see. It looks good now :)

Also happy to see the issues with the pokemons not being editable fixed, which would also address the issues with the added pokemon and their placeholders.

Lastly, thanks for the explanation on the megastone issue. That explains why I got some pokemon like Shiny Gengar. I guess this is now fixed?

Other than that, I don't suppose I notice any bugs at the moment. Maybe you have some in mind or something.

Great work as usual. Thanks for the update :)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you are super busy but any chance of a dumbed down version that only edits the Jewels and Coins and the Item Enhancements? I want to play the as legitly as possible as the game is super fun but I just don't want to pay for those stupid micro-transactions.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I know you are super busy but any chance of a dumbed down version that only edits the Jewels and Coins and the Item Enhancements? I want to play the as legitly as possible as the game is super fun but I just don't want to pay for those stupid micro-transactions.
Just curious, but why not use this program, and only edit the items? You dont have to touch the other stuff..

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Madridi hello, just want to ask where i cn find the ltest build? does it fix the older bugs on the older version by supercarotte? thanks...
The release on supercarrote's release tab is now similar or better than mine. But he has since then pushed 3 new commits to fix the problems we know about, but he hasn't made a release for those 3 new ones yet.

I can compile it and post it here if you want. But it will have to wait till tomorrow since I'm already in bed for the night.

Reactions: noctis90210

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think it'd be useful to make a light version of PSSE, and since I already don't have time to manage one version it's not likely to happen. There's a NTR plugin somewhere if you think PSSE is too heavy for just editing your jewels (though NTR is broken on 11.4 afaik, so you'll have to be on an older FW and use ctr-httpwn to get online).

PS: there seems to be a problem with megas. PSSE's implementation goes back to the days there weren't multiple forms of megas, I need to know how they are handled now.

Last edited by supercarotte,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
PS: there seems to be a problem with megas. PSSE's implementation goes back to the days there weren't multiple forms of megas, I need to know how they are handled now.
Thanks for the info. I hope you figure that out soon.
@noctis90210 In light of this information, I don't think it's a wise idea to compile up to the latest commit. I think we should let supercarotte figure it out first until the release is deemed to be stable by his standards

Reactions: noctis90210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)