ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@SciresM

The shuffleshop bin file also now no longer works (yes, it still worked up until this update for those who didn't know).. Would it be possible for you to update at least that?

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, Enhancements:
  • 2D4D: Raise Max Level
  • 2D4E: Level Up
  • 2D4F: Exp. Booster S
  • 2D50: Exp. Booster M
  • 2D51: Exp. Booster L
  • 2D52: Skill Booster S
  • 2D53: Skill Booster M
  • 2D54: Skill Booster L
  • 2D55: Unknown Enhancement
You can set these to C6 to get 99 of them (they're stored as twice the number i.e. 02 is 1). Don't ask me what the last Enhancement is. It's an odd green and white pill with arrows inside it. Its description isn't in the data, yet, and it presents a series of blank popups when you first tap it. The offsets were right next to the Mega Speedup offset. There are two 'spare' slots after the Unknown Enhancement. You're welcome.

Last edited by hrkmwk,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So, Enhancements:
  • 2D4D: Raise Max Level
  • 2D4E: Level Up
  • 2D4F: Exp. Booster S
  • 2D50: Exp. Booster M
  • 2D51: Exp. Booster L
  • 2D52: Skill Booster S
  • 2D53: Skill Booster M
  • 2D54: Skill Booster L
  • 2D55: Unknown Enhancement
You can set these to C6 to get 99 of them (they're stored as twice the number i.e. 02 is 1). Don't ask me what the last Enhancement is. It's an odd green and white pill with arrows inside it. Its description isn't in the data, yet, and it presents a series of blank popups when you first tap it. The offsets were right next to the Mega Speedup offset. There are two 'spare' slots after the Unknown Enhancement. You're welcome.
So, in those address the numbers are duplicated?
If I have 6 raise level Max,so now i should see number 12 or A2?

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, in those address the numbers are duplicated?
If I have 6 raise level Max,so now i should see number 12 or A2?
If you have 6, it'll be stored as 0C as that's the hexadecimal for 12. That's why to get 99 you use C6, which is 198.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you have 6, it'll be stored as 0C as that's the hexadecimal for 12. That's why to get 99 you use C6, which is 198.
oh , i forgot about that.
i have another question, when restore the save, wouldn't that corrupt the save ( still playable , but it will add all the new Pokemon like pikachu variations?

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have another question, when restore the save, wouldn't that corrupt the save ( still playable , but it will add all the new Pokemon like pikachu variations?
I just used HexEdit (Mac) to edit the values at the offsets and then reimported my save using Save Manager. If you're not confident editing the savedata.bin file then I wouldn't try. Or at least backup first!

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

The save will be detected as corrupt in 2 cases : when the secret value doesn't match (means the game has saved at least once between import/export & you didn't use a Save Manager that patches it) is the most common case, and only in rare cases when you mess badly with hex editing (aka inserting Hex values abnormal enough so that the games freaks out). In any case, keep a clean dump of your actual save and you're fine.

Also, changing the objects count should not affect your captured pokemons (unless you edit that too, of course).

Reactions: hrkmwk

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The save will be detected as corrupt in 2 cases : when the secret value doesn't match (means the game has saved at least once between import/export & you didn't use a Save Manager that patches it) is the most common case, and only in rare cases when you mess badly with hex editing (aka inserting Hex values abnormal enough so that the games freaks out). In any case, keep a clean dump of your actual save and you're fine.

Also, changing the objects count should not affect your captured pokemons (unless you edit that too, of course).
i am using JK save manager, so it's safe to restore the save for shuffle
but in the last update of shuffle,someone said using PSSE will add all the unreleased pokemon to the game.

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am using JK save manager, so it's safe to restore the save for shuffle
but in the last update of shuffle,someone said using PSSE will add all the unreleased pokemon to the game
They're mistaken (well, I mean they may get added but that's because the offsets may have been altered and they're added by mistake). Unless someone's updated the resource files for PSSE and then uploaded them somewhere. However, I don't know whether there's enough room for all the new Pokemon to be added where the current offsets are so I imagine they'll be located somewhere else. We don't know where that is, yet.

The offsets I provided aren't in PSSE but you can edit them easily using a hex editor.

Reactions: aos10

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
They're mistaken (well, I mean they may get added but that's because the offsets may have been altered and they're added by mistake). Unless someone's updated the resource files for PSSE and then uploaded them somewhere. However, I don't know whether there's enough room for all the new Pokemon to be added where the current offsets are so I imagine they'll be located somewhere else. We don't know where that is, yet.

The offsets I provided aren't in PSSE but you can edit them easily using a hex editor.
thanks, do you have the new address for the old items?

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, do you have the new address for the old items?
You can still use PSSE for the old items (Mega Speedups etc.) as I just did it. I'd probably stay away from editing the Pokemon and Stages data in PSSE unless someone can confirm it won't mess with your file.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can still use PSSE for the old items (Mega Speedups etc.) as I just did it. I'd probably stay away from editing the Pokemon and Stages data in PSSE unless someone can confirm it won't mess with your file.

It's probably the "Capture All Pokémons" code in PSSE that enables the new pokemons (those who are likely to be released on a future update) to appear, as it always did so (that's how ditto was discovered for example). I'm guessing the total size of the "captured mons offsets" is known and that code activates all of this range, making every pokemon currently associated with an offset appear (then the game probably auto-switchoff every offset that isn't associated with a pokemon yet).

Reactions: hrkmwk

hrkmwk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, is there a way to insert the new items into the game?
Yeah, I've 99 of all of them. I posted the offsets above.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@supercarotte, any chance you could take a look at the offset for Survival Mode? There's a value stored at 5989 that appears to be the number but this doesn't update the number shown in-game. I think multiple offsets are set based on the Pokemon you've defeated. Will keep exploring, too.

Last edited by hrkmwk,

Practicum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've 99 of all of them. I posted the offsets above.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@supercarotte, any chance you could take a look at the offset for Survival Mode? There's a value stored at 5989 that appears to be the number but this doesn't update the number shown in-game. I think multiple offsets are set based on the Pokemon you've defeated. Will keep exploring, too.

I don't know how to mess with the offsets.
If someone could please tell me I'd be really thankful. :)

Edit: I have downloaded HxD but I don't know what offsets should be modified. Can anyone please post a picture?

Last edited by Practicum,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Um...has anyone else's game been crashing after trying to press check-in? Back on 1.2.X I pressed Mega Absol and then it told me I needed to update. I pressed check-in immediately after out of curiosity and it gave me the "error has occurred, system will now restart message". I updated through eshop but the same error still occurs. If it helps I'm playing through an emuNAND on 10.7 run through rxtools.

Edit: I injected my very old backup of my unedited save file and got it to check-in. I then restored my current save and I cannot check in but I am updated. I noticed I had some strange Pokemon like a lot of the new Pikachus, shiny Gyrados, and more so they might be messing things up.

It's probably the "Capture All Pokémons" code in PSSE that enables the new pokemons (those who are likely to be released on a future update) to appear, as it always did so (that's how ditto was discovered for example). I'm guessing the total size of the "captured mons offsets" is known and that code activates all of this range, making every pokemon currently associated with an offset appear (then the game probably auto-switchoff every offset that isn't associated with a pokemon yet).

Look at this,he inject old backup un edited.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Look at this,he inject old backup un edited.

When I updated to 1.3, the game told me it had to update my data otherwise some things would be screwed up. Maybe the offests for catched pokemons have been shifted so his old backup has set offsets that correspond to unobtainable pokemons ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I went to the drive thru lady hands me me receipt go up to the 2nd window same lady hands me my...