PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SciresM, Sep 4, 2015.

1. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    no problem mate :-)

2. supercarotte

supercarotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2015
    France
    It should be okay now, seems like the problem I had with megas was related to finding the order in which the pokemons are stored in the game's files (I wish I knew a way to get it directly instead of having to manually edit a .txt file with each major update :s). It was actually the same kind of problems that Corsola & co had (PSSE couldn't load the descriptions for the newest skills because it didn't have a complete list of them).

Also, I took the chance to finish something I had been (slowly) working on : skills UI. Now all skills appear at once so it's easier to edit/check/choose them. It's all in a new release I made, so as usual tell me if something's wrong (also, tell me what you think about the way it looks).

PS : I spent way too much time on this. :ohnoes:

Midgetgirl05, noctis90210 and Madridi like this.
  3. Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    Is there anyone in the thread currently who would be willing to help me out over instant message progam of somesort, or PM, or SOMETHING?

I can't think straight and Shuffle has pretty much been my escape. Mom has cancer, needs chemo and radiation, I just had 2 major surgeries in 6 weeks and I honestly cannot brain right now.... :-/

I can follow directions. But I cannot seem to figure out WHY my 11.3 won't work with my access hack (i'm using pokemon mysterdungeon chunx or whatever its refereed to as)

Edit: My entry point, not access hack. Like I said...I can't brain right now >.>

Last edited by Midgetgirl05, Apr 14, 2017
  4. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    why a sad face? You make lots of player smile with this update...

anyway, thanks for the update that is everybodys waiting for... :-)

Last edited by noctis90210, Apr 14, 2017
    Midgetgirl05 likes this.
  5. Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    I did forget to say thank you to supercarotte for all their hard work. I am so very sorry I sounded like an idiot earlier >.> :-(

I just look at the world around me in general AND then my own life and feel like everything is going to hell ina handbasket :-P

6. Skeith85

Skeith85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Not sure what i'm doing wrong, When i enable that i caught certain pokes its changing to different things. Example, i click that i caught Mewtwo and it doesn't appear in the Dex but Mime Jr does. I'm sure its probably an indexing thing, but what's the work around. I lost my data so i'm using this tool as a means to get back what i lost or at least the stuff i need to continue enjoying this game.

7. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Sounds like a serious bug if proven to be correct! Can someone confirm?

8. pokemonshuffler12345

pokemonshuffler12345 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    im having trouble using acessing PSSE, I have 11.4, and i tried using svdt in it, but it just freezes to the green screen, is there somthing i need to update?

9. supercarotte

May 21, 2015
    France
    That's troublesome indeed, I'll look at it.

I have absolutely no idea about what's going with 11.4, I have 11.3 with a9lh. Homebrews should work, that's as much as I know.

10. pokemonshuffler12345

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    SVDT doesnt work on 11.4, i confirmed with other people, the update broke it for now. guess ill have to wait for svdt update, is theire another similar one that i can use?

11. gengardenne

gengardenne GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    Someone can tell me if there is a section on gbatemp about the save editor for the mobile edition?

12. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    There is none as far as I'm aware

13. pokemonshuffler12345

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    i dont think there is a homebrew for it?

14. gengardenne

gengardenne GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    Italy
    I know there are some editors online but they are not bond with the hombrew launcher

15. LeonardoGrecchi

LeonardoGrecchi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2012
    Trying to fuss with the extdata, but can't figure heads or tails from it. What's the structure for the files (say, stagedata.bin, pokemondata.bin or pokemonability.bin)?

EDIT: I guess repacking the files are a no-go... wanted to test some unreleased abilities as well

Last edited by LeonardoGrecchi, Apr 20, 2017
  16. supercarotte

May 21, 2015
    France
    You know more than I do, then. Afaik the mobile version handles saves server-side (as every mobile F2P does), precisely to prevent it from being edited.

Files structure has never been documented, you can find some early findings in this thread, but mostly you'll have to look at PSSE's code to get it. Or tell me what you need to know precisely, I'll try to answer it to my best.

It should be possible to mod Shuffle with LayeredFS. The only problem is that the game uses compressed archives so you'd need a way to repack the extracted files after modifying them. SciresM's Unpacker literally treats the archives as .zips so I guess doing the opposite process should be feasible but it's far out of my abilities for now.

17. supercarotte

May 21, 2015
    France
    So, I made a commit with the 1.4.8 files for those of you who want to mess with the new alolan pokemons.

I tried to look at that indexation thing, but didn't find any problem with both manual & bulk edits. Please give me more examples. For now, I've only noticed that "bulk catch" gives you Solgaleo & Primarina while it shouldn't because they have default caracteristics & are not in the special stages list. Decidueye has definitive caracteristics but a blank skill because its skill is set to an adress that's blank yet, it's not PSSE's fault I guess they just didn't care to finish its implementation since it's not "officially" released yet (though a special stage is coming).

I'll try to tweak some more things before I make a release, but for now you should be fine if you just update the resource files.

Madridi, stab244, Smynos and 3 others like this.
  18. ShadowGates

ShadowGates Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    Brazil
    in PSSE last version don't have alolan golem, please fix this

19. Enith

Enith Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    It does have it, it's just misspelled "Grolem Alola". Not a major deal.

20. thegamemaster8

thegamemaster8 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    The program needs updating for Normal Stages 551-580 and Expert Stage 48 as a part of the Game's 1.4.11 Update.

As for Bulk Edits, I haven't had any problems since downloading the new PSSE Program earlier today.