Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Chikken22

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
did they take out the thing where you get a title and a cutscene after defeating your first lv 500+ overlord in the dark world and another one after 20?

I've even defeated lv 700 overlords and nothing ever happened

was that ps2 ver only?

for reference

Last edited by Chikken22,
Reactions: flame1234

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: flame1234

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far the ChepChep Translation group ( all two of us )... have only worked on PSP games. We will be releasing another game very soon. We are about 99% done with another game and starting another highly requested game on the boards. We have already have inserted text into the new game and just need to translate the entire game. We estimate it may take us 2-3 years since the "new" PSP game we plan to tackle has tons of text. It is an rpg that is highly requested here.

Z

Zero077

So far the ChepChep Translation group ( all two of us )... have only worked on PSP games. We will be releasing another game very soon. We are about 99% done with another game and starting another highly requested game on the boards. We have already have inserted text into the new game and just need to translate the entire game. We estimate it may take us 2-3 years since the "new" PSP game we plan to tackle has tons of text. It is an rpg that is highly requested here.
Awesome what game is that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Zero077

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have decided to keep the titles secret until release since we have been hearing about C+D for some PSP games lately. They are not SquareEnix games but the companies for the games we are working on have a past of sending C+D for PSP games.

Reactions: Zero077
Z

Zero077

We have decided to keep the titles secret until release since we have been hearing about C+D for some PSP games lately. They are not SquareEnix games but the companies for the games we are working on have a past of sending C+D for PSP games.
I kinda have a feeling well I hope

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I so hope it's 7th dragon 2020 been wanting someone to do that one or they release it over to the west

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, while the Triple bonus for training wish works, the triple exp for next battle or next purification wishes don't. I've tried to get them many times, but none have worked so far. Could it be related to the patch?

i just found the patch created by chepchep and co. and i am experiencing the EXACT same issue. Ive tested it over and over again and i am NOT getting the triple EXP.

Im a vet of this game. Ive played tactics around 10 times. This is my first time playing ragnarok, and since i dont speak Japanese, i found this patch extremely helpful, but not being able to use the triple exp shop wish makes this game practically unplayable in my opinion, as it would take 3x longer to do essentially everything.

i even tried selecting the other 3 wishes (thinking maybe the triple EXP wish was on either line 1,3 or 4, as opposed to line 2), but they didnt grant me the triple EXP either, so the line wasnt switched, it simply doesnt work.

has this issue been resolved? I noticed nobody responded to you post, so i hope someone responds to MY post in regards to your post because this is a serious issue.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FinalFLuver,

The Triple Experience bugs has been a known issue with this patch. I have looked many times but cannot find what is causing the problem.

I have not been motivated enough to keep looking to solve this bug. For most people (except veterans), they never encounter this bug.

There is one work around if you are playing on PPSSPP or PSP. You can load your save file with the Japanese ISO, select Triple Exp and grind in Japanese. The Save file will work going back and forth between versions.

I would make a backup of the save file before trying this to confirm.

-ChepChep

Last edited by ChepChep,

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FinalFLuver,

The Triple Experience bugs has been a known issue with this patch. I have looked many times but cannot find what is causing the problem.

I have not been motivated enough to keep looking to solve this bug. For most people (except veterans), they never encounter this bug.

There is one work around if you are playing on PPSSPP or PSP. You can load your save file with the Japanese ISO, select Triple Exp and grind in Japanese. The Save file will work going back and forth between versions.

I would make a backup of the save file before trying this to confirm.

-ChepChep

thanks for the reply. I tested out what you said about using the original japanese version, and ya, the triple EXP does work that way, but unfortunately in this game, i spend a lot of time leveling items (especially later in the game), that i may aswell just play the japanese version, which i dont want to do because its a bloody eyesore.

i already wrote a full walkthrough for the Tactics version which includes everything from strategies, complete items lists (both shop and dark world), full character sections (both human and monster with all their skills, exp, purification requirements, etc, etc), complete side quests sections (which included priers title requirements, bonus dungeons, bonus bosses, etc)

i was just hoping to play this game and be able to include in my guide all the new content that ragnarok has to offer ... but looks like i wont be able to do that now

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take another look in the next few days. Maybe I can find something not right with fresh eyes.

-Steve

thanks for the reply. I tested out what you said about using the original japanese version, and ya, the triple EXP does work that way, but unfortunately in this game, i spend a lot of time leveling items (especially later in the game), that i may aswell just play the japanese version, which i dont want to do because its a bloody eyesore.

i already wrote a full walkthrough for the Tactics version which includes everything from strategies, complete items lists (both shop and dark world), full character sections (both human and monster with all their skills, exp, purification requirements, etc, etc), complete side quests sections (which included priers title requirements, bonus dungeons, bonus bosses, etc)

i was just hoping to play this game and be able to include in my guide all the new content that ragnarok has to offer ... but looks like i wont be able to do that now

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't even know there were a XP multiplier.
I completed the story by playing it without doing anything special and without any strategies. I didn't play newgame+ or tried the extra levels.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made it all the way through the game without any cheating or modifying the game. I mostly I cheated once I got to the higher levels to check things out in the patch.
I never used the Triple Exp.

I didn't even know there were a XP multiplier.
I completed the story by playing it without doing anything special and without any strategies. I didn't play newgame+ or tried the extra levels.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made it all the way through the game without any cheating or modifying the game. I mostly I cheated once I got to the higher levels to check things out in the patch.
I never used the Triple Exp.

i dont consider triple EXP to be cheating. However, playing the game around 10x, and using the triple XP wish each time, makes NOT using it a pretty brutal experience.

im the kind of gamer who will NEVER play a so-called "challenge" playthrough. In other words, not utilizing things in the game that are available to be used. Some gamers play games where they say "ok, this playthrough, im going to do a low level challenge"

or they dont use skills/magic throughout the whole game. IMO, thats stupid. Utilizing everything the game has to offer, is what i consider fun. If you had a choice between a banana split sundae, or plain vanilla ice cream, (provided you like both) why would you pick plain vanilla :P

anyways, please keep me updated on any progress. I cant bring myself to post my walkthrough on gamefaqs unless its complete. If you cant figure out the issue, then i understand.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am trying to remember how the Triple Experience works. Let me sketch out how I think it works and please correct me (Its been many years since I finished this patch). You go to RosenQueen and buy stuff until a survey is available that allows you a wish from the following list:
a.) Triple XP in the next battle.
b.) Triple XP for the next purification.
c.) Triple money for the next map.
d.) Triple effect for next training.

If you select Triple XP in the next battle, the next battle should be triple experience. Do you get a bonus message when you win?

Trying to track where the bug is and been too long since I played the game...

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am trying to remember how the Triple Experience works. Let me sketch out how I think it works and please correct me (Its been many years since I finished this patch). You go to RosenQueen and buy stuff until a survey is available that allows you a wish from the following list:
a.) Triple XP in the next battle.
b.) Triple XP for the next purification.
c.) Triple money for the next map.
d.) Triple effect for next training.

If you select Triple XP in the next battle, the next battle should be triple experience. Do you get a bonus message when you win?

Trying to track where the bug is and been too long since I played the game...

its not the triple XP for next battle, it is the triple XP for next purification that was the issue. Actually i didnt even try the other wishes (aside from checking if the lines were switched, thus i was still checking purification EXP)

but to answer your question, no, there is no message. If you were to choose that particular wish (triple XP in next BATTLE), what happens is you simply get 3x the experience for each enemy you kill (even if you kill your own allies). Thus, for the entirety of the battle, every enemy/ally killed will grant 3x the normal experience.

as for my original concern (about the purification EXP), that too doesnt provide a message. Its simply a matter of seeing the EXP value of the items increase, or in the case of a large purification, you would see the levels of the items increase.

For example, during the very first miracle tutorial in the game (map: Hall of the Dead), the game provides you with a lightning miracle. If you bought a piece of equipment with lightning element on it, and got the shop wish "Triple XP for next purification", then that item would increase to level 7. However, if you dont get the wish, then the item only goes up to level 4.

this is were the issue came, because i selected the triple EXP for next purification wish, and the item would still only increase to level 4 ....... it should be level 7.

Also, the player needs to keep in mind that for this wish, only the FIRST purification will have 3x EXP. So you need to purify the portal that inevitably triggers the miracles before purifying ANYTHING else (portals/enemies)

also, if you get the wish survey, and choose any of the triple EXP wishes, you cannot do another survey. If you do, the previous survey will be cancelled.

Last edited by FinalFLuver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?