ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://nisamerica.com/nis-classics/vol-3/

Congratulations, folks.

We finally won.
I am super excited about La Pucelle: Ragnarok but $99 seems a bit steep for a physical copy of it. I am mostly only buy physical copies of things since I want to be able to still play the game in 10-20+ years.

I just found Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1: Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered / Soul Nomad & The World Eaters Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch on Amazon for $39.99 which seems to be about the right price for something like this. (Amazon) Only took one year before it happened.

1.png

I am not a huge fan of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure since I have played it on the PS1 and DS and it was way too easy. Fun game but had no challenge. No real desire to go through it again.

If only my last PSP grail game, Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke (Over My Dead Body) would be translated into English and released here. It and Romancing Saga 1 SNES are the last games I have been waiting for. I doubt we will ever see a 16bit remake of Romancing Saga 1 since they have remade it in 3D on the PS2 as Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.

I am glad that NIS is finally listening to their fans. These games are cheap to port since most already have most of the game entirely in English.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this projects over the years.
-ChepChep

Reactions: Shadicluigi

drgnslayers

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am super excited about La Pucelle: Ragnarok but $99 seems a bit steep for a physical copy of it. I am mostly only buy physical copies of things since I want to be able to still play the game in 10-20+ years.

I just found Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1: Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered / Soul Nomad & The World Eaters Deluxe Edition - Nintendo Switch on Amazon for $39.99 which seems to be about the right price for something like this. (Amazon) Only took one year before it happened.

View attachment 304531

I am not a huge fan of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure since I have played it on the PS1 and DS and it was way too easy. Fun game but had no challenge. No real desire to go through it again.

If only my last PSP grail game, Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke (Over My Dead Body) would be translated into English and released here. It and Romancing Saga 1 SNES are the last games I have been waiting for. I doubt we will ever see a 16bit remake of Romancing Saga 1 since they have remade it in 3D on the PS2 as Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song.

I am glad that NIS is finally listening to their fans. These games are cheap to port since most already have most of the game entirely in English.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this projects over the years.
-ChepChep
If only they were releasing the Rhapsody trilogy, I'd appreciate it

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While very late, I did want to mention: The $99 version is just the fancy limited edition. There's a Deluxe version for $60 (which usually gets discounted to $40 anyway) and a Standard version for $40 over eShop, since you can't buy 'em separately.

If you have a PC, get it on there! La Pucelle Ragnarok is only $20 on Steam.

And yes, it's completely uncensored (based off of the original PSP version, after all), includes all of the DLC already built in, and voiced the whole Demon Lord Prier storyline.

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi, does anyone have the tools pack that was linked to in the first post and is now dead?
I would like to try dive into this game a bit deeper, but i have no clue how to get to the data.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, does anyone have the tools pack that was linked to in the first post and is now dead?
I would like to try dive into this game a bit deeper, but i have no clue how to get to the data.
Found it in my old external, which is funny because I deleted every thing else related to the psp version of this due to the switch release... anyways here ya go.

Attachments

• LaPucelleToolpackV6.zip
    343.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: zetsu

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Cool, thank you very much!
I tried to open my .iso with it...and got lost. :huh:
Do i actually need the Python file format tools (which seems to be down, as well) and something else?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you very much!
I tried to open my .iso with it...and got lost. :huh:
Do i actually need the Python file format tools (which seems to be down, as well) and something else?
I honestly don't remember but I don't think you needed the python tools, sadly I know I don't have them saved...

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Does it need to be changed into another file type or how does one access the different folders with content?

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First of all, let me thank all of you involved in the translation (@ChepChep and company). I'm really grateful.
I've finished reading through all 55 pages to understand the process of the translation.

Last weekend I managed to open and take a look at the files in the .iso. And felt stupid about how easy it was.
Surprisingly, i still found quite a few typos in there.
Since i do not plan to buy a Switch or into Steam for the official 'new' port, after having sunk nearly 500 hours into the game on the PSVita (via Adrenaline) alone, i figured i could try to fix them myself using a hex-editor and the toolpack v6.
Not just for my own pleasure playing a 'clean' game, but for the sake of future gamers finding this gem!

What's currently bothering me the most:
  • How the text inside [something].dat files changes between actually showing certain letters and not showing them
Take kis.dat for example:
Items containing a "y" are shown perfectly fine...up to "Kitt,™ Punch - Beware the Kitt,™ Punch".
Then from "Poison Hand - Try not to pick your nose" to "Knuckles Arrow - Gives a full-bod,™ full power attack"
to "Lazy Javelin - Ver,™ powerful, but makes the user lazy" it goes back and forth between the two.
Many more follow these. Yet, when going through them in-game, the text is displayed totally normal.
  • Sending a monster to the Dark World via Mr. Hoodie in Rosenqueen Store to fuse items and the text reads "Are you sure? (I cannot understand !)"
  • Subsequently followed by "[Monster] has been taken to the Dark World" - "[Item] recieved"
If i'm not mistaken, the text in brackets should be "You will never see them again".
Despite looking through the scripts and each .dat, i couldn't find this specific part.
The typo in "recieved" ("ei", no "ie") also appears when the Udon Shop girl grants the player a reward for 75% collection rate, the Alondite. That one i have been able to find and fix, though.

• Some items/prefixes/skills/names/places are different compared to the english PS2 version or contain typos
> Like "Raise [anything] but "Raises SP", as well as "Elevate [HP/ATK/DEF/HIT/SPD/RES]" but "Elevates [SP/INT]".
> Two instances of "Wind Staff" with one of them originally being a "Wind Rod", in line with the other elemental rods.
> Haniwa's "'[Bo]xes Galore" costs a whopping 28,482 SP, rendering it pretty much useless. (Where is this table?)
Several others have different names now. For example "Meteor Shower" becoming "Family Feud".
What the actual f? But the real question is, what translation is correct here?
The old one by Mastiff (PS2) or the fresh one, while wanting to stay close to the former?
> The same can be said about special effects on equipment, like "Fallen" (used to be "Charm") and the totally wrong "Sick" which was "Hairball" (i'd call that hairy or furry, if anything. But sick? No, just no.)
"Amnesia" (instead of "Forget"), "Deadly" ("Sp. Attack") and "Damage/SP Use reduced" i'm totally fine with, however.
> While i'm cool with changing "Cool" into "Ice", i thought each of the stronger skills (i.e. Mega, Giga, Omega) could have their higher strength reflected in the flavor text, now dealing "medium", "strong" and "massive" damage. Or healing for it.
> Prefixes changed from "Garbage/Best/Godly/Hero/Courage" to "Demon/Godly/Hero/Courage/Champion".
These i have reverted to their names known in the PS2 version already. Hurray for 'Garbage Missile'! :lol:
> "Disk Bar" dropping an "ESP Amplifier" instead of "DISGAEA Baal" the "Hyper Unit" feels just wrong.
The following super bosses apparently also reside in different areas and have different/wrong names...

• There seem to be a few instances of mixed-up monster classes, as well
This one i stumbled across while listing the monsters randomly spawning in 'Angel Gate (Top)' for someone at GameFAQs playing the Switch port, comparing it to my 380 hours EU PS2 file and noticing a difference in their color schemes.
I asked that other player to compare their monster lineup with the one listed in an old FAQ to see if that mix-up is present in the port (official mistake) or appears in the fan translation only (easy to fix i'd assume).
I will also thoroughly compare the monsters between my PS2 game and the translated PSP version and take notes...

/Edit: So far, by checking Angel Gate Top (where the highest tiers spawn), i have come across this mix-up:
Beartie, Beartrom and Pooh Bear from the runt class.
One is pinkish in color with purple eyes (Beartie on PS2, Pooh Bear on PSP),
another is sand-colored/beige with green eyes [CoT1] (Beartrom on PS2, Beartie on PSP).
I've never encountered the rumored Annubis, so there's no comparison involving it.

/Edit2: Looked into the upper matter a bit more and found the original Japanese char.dat to only have 4 entries relating to the cubs:
ヌシの子 (Nushi no Ko), Master's Child
クマたん (Kumatan), roughly translating to Little or Cutesy Bear
クマぷー (Kuma Poo), the Poo(h) Bear
あぬびす (Anubis),
[see this sheet for a comparison: https://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/11/12085.png?updated=1460954156]
while the translated/patched version has 5 (Lord's Child, Beartrom, Beartie, Pooh Bear, Annubis)!
This is getting weirder bit by bit...by bat.

• Infamous removal of the Change-up glitch.
Need i say any more? I will: To level up and fuse equipment without it is a massive pain in the ass. :nayps3:
It can take a few dozen to way above 100(!) turns to have these m......oronic bats align the right way and not obstruct the course of the great miracle you'll find ever so rarely.
Thought about comparing the PS2.iso content to the PSP.iso content and check for different sections in the code.
That was before i learned about NIS splitting up the files. And it was a dumb-as-fuck idea, i know.
But shouldn't there be a way to re-introduce this "magical bug" into the game and drastically increase the QoL? :unsure:

So yeah, since @ChepChep mentioned a few times that he would gladly help others in fixing things the group missed, i'd gladly make use of this. And who knows, maybe the files of the official port can be accessed to compare them, too.[/h]

Last edited by zetsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol