PSP Go is Dead

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I love my PSPGo.
smile.gif

my hands are small, the screen size is just fine and It's a fraction bigger than my iPhone so it's got awesome portability.

And right now playing FFIV on it is just SWEET!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Ofcourse to get the MOST out of it I have to do go down the CFW route and all.

D

Deleted User

About time too. It was horrible. My friend was always complaining about it, then "accidentally" stepped on it :/

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad that someone hacked the GO so people could finally play their UMD games (legally backed-up, of course) on their GOs, something Sony said they would do and didn't.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FrozenIndignation said:
GameWinner said:
I liked the PSP Go, it was a new Next step on how you buy games. It wasn't the best of it's Generation but it wasn't the of the worst Portable created.
I c wut u did thar
Ya I think it was NGP. the comment was awesome, unlike the PSP Go

also, I pretty much thought the PSP line was dead when dark alex left the scene.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Didnt they only just bring this out?
Dont think I'll ever get a sony product again, psp games were poop afaic, the stick thing hurt me thumb anyway.
not a troll, more a goblin. I would love a NGP but the psp was left to rot and so will this be, and possibly end up getting canned like the GO.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good. I'm glad the trend didn't catch on.

I feel an odd sensation of satisfaction when I have my media stored on physical devices and I REALLY like jewelcases.

What's the point in collecting something you can't put on your shelves.

"Oi, look! This is mah collection of psp gamez!"

"Where?"

"In mah pocket"

"How many do you have?"

"Urr... *counts*"

Yuck.

Flash ftw! Down with digital distribution, down with optical discs!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well this wasn't a shock. No one wanted to buy it and no one had high hopes for it to make it that far.
I might just pick one up since I know failed systems skyrocket and I am not going to miss that chance again.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay, I won two bets after I read this.

Bets:

1. PSP GO was never as popular as the original and it would die soon
2. Sony only cares about making money and kinda forcing people to buy their new stuff(mostly)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naved.islam14 said:
Yay, I won two bets after I read this.

Bets:

1. PSP GO was never as popular as the original and it would die soon
2. Sony only cares about making money and kinda forcing people to buy their new stuff(mostly)
Who would be stupid enough to bet against the first thing?

MrCooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PSPGO is an alright product if you have the money(mostly because you can't buy used gaemz and all the ones online cost $40+) and the time to wait for things to download. I'm not really sure about this but if they had a softmod where I could just load ISOs and homebrew on to it and play I may consider getting one later in time. You have to remember that it also has 16GB of internal memory so you don't really have to worry about swapping cards and all that jazz. And now that it has died it should come cheap since the PSP-3K is like 100 USD now.

I was actually expecting it to die sooner like within the first couple months and I'm a Sony fanboy

cool.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never saw the draw to an all digital handheld on crappy Internet. I personally think it looks poor and has a bad battery life.

I guess i give the PSPs alot of flack.
I can see this being ok if you pirated everything. At least with a PSP 100X, 200X, 300X you could still borrow games from others.

Hey im still on a 100X. I dont think i would ever upgrade to a Go, but maybe a fully hackable 200X. I cant say im disappointed by this news either.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off topic question but I see several cheap PSP Go at my local store. Is it worth picking one up and installing CFW for ISOs or should I just stick with my original launch PSP? Is there any compatibility problems or will it run all ISOs?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the major selling point for me with the go is the size ... then again that does come at a price

it's not as if we didn't see this coming .... guess ill pick one up some day, i sort of feel like playing Loco Roco
biggrin.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If Sony sold their digital product at a comparable price to used prices (sometimes even new!) I'm sure this would have went differently.

The PSP GO has now been named the PSP GONE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol