PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone seen any videos of this Modchip with actual gameplay? The clips I have seen all seem to stop at the game credits.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
DigitalDeviant said:
do you think firmware upgrades of the device would make it operable on future ps3 FW version(s) or just allow you to rip and play games with higher firmware requirements?
Without an high-res macroed picture of the MCU, I can't know the precise model of the MCU, so I can't still assure that.

It's probably a reprogrammable MCU (directly via USB), so in theory they can update their code. But Sony might just block the on-fly patching it does altogether and disable it.

The thing to support games with higher FW requirements is probably a thing the Backup Loader should be able to manage, so nothing which depends on the Dongle, on that side.

So, in theory, you could be fine for quite some time without the need of updating your PS3.
I don't think it is possible for Sony to patch it, Jailbreak boots before the OS is loaded. Which is why the PS3 needs to be completely off in order for it to work.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rock Raiyu said:
I don't think it is possible for Sony to patch it, Jailbreak boots before the OS is loaded. Which is why the PS3 needs to be completely off in order for it to work.
I don't know well the underlying architecture in the PS3, but if they're not advertising that it won't ever be blocked, I don't see why doubt their word. They would've instantaneously advertised that, otherwise.

It might still be easily patchable fixing the initial startup PS3 code.

Actually, I think that the PS3 needs to be completely off because that's how a real Sony Jig Device works, nothing more.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bobrules said:
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7899/1000571g.jpg

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64958
QUOTE said:
A user in the www.elotrolado.net forums posted these . "er_deivi97"
Lovely pics! Too bad the first one you've posted is just a common USB pendrive ( http://www.customusb.com/products-flashdrive-picokey.html )
laugh.gif

The real pics are here: http://www.planetadejuego.com/psjailbreak-...-modchip-de-ps3

I can't see a thing on the MCU. That either means it's a custom one (I highly doubt it), or they've accurately cleaned away the model number to cast off cloners.

B

ball2012003

Even though I have a ps3 I'm not going to get this for two reasons:
1. I liked how the ps3 was unhackable.
2. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes just to download 1GB, I can't even imagine trying to download a ps3 game.

celticone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
bobrules said:
I wonder if these things are produced in a Chinese factory.
EVERYTHING is produced in a Chinese factory, nowadays.

I was produced in a Chinese factory
smile.gif

QUOTE(ball2012003 @ Aug 21 2010, 01:16 AM)
2. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes just to download 1GB, I can't even imagine trying to download a ps3 game.
Someone above said LBP was 3Gb and a few other games 9Gb so it would only take you a few days to do those bad boys

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
QUOTE said:
just use a torrent and be patient

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember seeing pics like these (not these ones, obviously) some time ago. That's why I knew it used the internal BD emulator
tongue.gif

Interesting pictures nonetheless.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gilberd said:
so is CFW possible
since this is kind of like a pandora battery?
Time will tell. The dongle most certainly opens doors to homebrew, so it might be possible, but we still don't know what limitations homebrew will have on it, for now.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This'll make it easier for someone with the know how to find holes and exploit them, but I doubt it'll lead to the installation of CFW without an exploit

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gilberd said:
QUOTE said:

lol he is on a pirate site, and is saying it's to much trouble to download a game.....starcraft 2 is 12 gigs that took me only a few hours to get.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
ball2012003 said:

for me, a 1gig file takes 2-3 hours to download. so a 6gb xbox360 iso will be finished in 2-3 days if i turn off my pc before going to work. but its not a big deal to me.

hope there will be a compressed format just like CSO or WBFS file.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Rydian said:
dudeonline said:
Okay, hoss. Still, putting testimonials up before the product is released is pretty shady. You claim they are from "testers" that got this, and in effect, they were not people who bought it from you, or even bought it at all, so it's still false, assuming these are even "real" testimonials.
1 - We have pictures of it.
2 - The pictures are from people and sites that got it early.
3 - So there's people that have it and used it.
4 - People can write reviews and testimonials of devices they have access to and have used.

So exactly WHERE do you get lost on that train of thought? :|
Makes perfect sense to me.

You can clearly see that I was talking about the fake site that has fake testimonials. Why would you intentionally take my quote out of context?
I was never talking about the dongle. yeah, I know it's real.

I was talking about the scam of a shop that is trying to say he is an official distributor, but is not on the list at all.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
Gilberd said:
QUOTE said:

lol same for me.. downloads 10gb'ish file can take 10 hours straight for me (3.6mbps line = 275kbps DL speed)

my plan is this:

- go to my attic room, and get my ol'old Pentium M laptop there
- Installs windows XP
- install download managers and torrent clients
- setup's remote management
- done.. i can download torrent files now without worrying about the cost of electricity and pollution while downloading lol.

nayps3.gif

hope there will be a compressed format just like CSO or WBFS file.
CSO or WBFS are not compressed by the way.. they were just like .iso files that holds tons of files into 1 file.. and by means compress.. im sure that if you load it to Ps3, the game will just load forever and you will thought that the game was hanged up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back