PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the fastest internet that AT&T can provide, and a new laptop, so downloading something 1 gig only takes me around 5-10 minutes I think. I think I'll wait for a cheaper version of the jailbreaker and ask my dad to buy it for me
smile.gif
Muhahahaha Black Ops here I come >:D

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
stingray1059 said:
ball2012003 said:
Even though I have a ps3 I'm not going to get this for two reasons:
1. I liked how the ps3 was unhackable.
2. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes just to download 1GB, I can't even imagine trying to download a ps3 game.

for me, a 1gig file takes 2-3 hours to download. so a 6gb xbox360 iso will be finished in 2-3 days if i turn off my pc before going to work. but its not a big deal to me.

hope there will be a compressed format just like CSO or WBFS file.

There might be a possibility in ripping to a compressed format, but I can pretty much bet my nuts that it won't be until NTFS support is added.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
Hatsune Miku said:
I have the fastest internet that AT&T can provide, and a new laptop, so downloading something 1 gig only takes me around 5-10 minutes I think. I think I'll wait for a cheaper version of the jailbreaker and ask my dad to buy it for me
smile.gif
oh god... good to your country

since in japan ... got 160mbps fiberoptic line.. ahhh...
frown.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can download a 1 gig torrent in 10-15 minutes over wi-fi
But I don't think I'll get this because of 1. The price 2. I liked the PS3 being unhackable 3. I would be afraid Sony would block it

though if there was ever a free way to hack my ps3, even just for homebrew, I would do that.

B

ball2012003

Hatsune Miku said:
smile.gif
Damn your so lucky. My download speed only gives an average of 307 kilobytes/sec
angry.gif

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll order one once there are more solid reviews about the product.

Just sell my entire PS3 games just to cover the cost for the pendrive.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finishoff said:
I'll order one once there are more solid reviews about the product.

Just sell my entire PS3 games just to cover the cost for the pendrive.

Yeah I wont be ordering one either til some people here have received it and say that it works. Also need the NTFS issue to be resolved so that ALL games can be backed up to an external drive(I am going to buy a 1TB drive) once its verified working I am gonna order both..I cant wait, I hope it comes out next week..and hope that the price goes down too..129 bucks for this little drive is kinda ridiculous to me. The pandora battery cost me 20 bucks, even a Wii mod chip cost 40 bucks..make this thing 50 bucks and I think its worth it..but 129, that is just steep, yeah its the cost of 3 games but still

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be great and once it is out for a while then who knows what programs and things people can do with it. The skys the limit.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
2. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes just to download 1GB, I can't even imagine trying to download a ps3 game.Or you could use it to back up your own game discs...

dudeonline said:
You can clearly see that I was talking about the fake site that has fake testimonials. Why would you intentionally take my quote out of context?
I was never talking about the dongle. yeah, I know it's real.

I was talking about the scam of a shop that is trying to say he is an official distributor, but is not on the list at all.No, I was talking about how you said testimonials can't exist.
If the device exists and people have used it, they can write a testimonial.

QUOTE(Lakerfanalways @ Aug 20 2010, 09:08 PM)
Also need the NTFS issue to be resolved so that ALL games can be backed up to an external drive(I am going to buy a 1TB drive) once its verified working I am gonna order both.
You know the PS3's harddrive is user-upgradeable, right? Any SATA 2.5" drive will work.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148374
500 gigs for $60 USD.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
Hatsune Miku said:
smile.gif
Damn your so lucky. My download speed only gives an average of 307 kilobytes/sec
angry.gif

Haha, well I don't get to use it much because of school and everything. It's a bitch having to wake up early for school, and I barely know anyone there since I just moved to Georgia.
Rydian said:
Also need the NTFS issue to be resolved so that ALL games can be backed up to an external drive(I am going to buy a 1TB drive) once its verified working I am gonna order both.
You know the PS3's harddrive is user-upgradeable, right? Any SATA 2.5" drive will work.
500 gigs for $60 USD.
I'll probably get that then
smile.gif
should probably get more ram for my laptop too o.o

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Rydian said:
dudeonline said:
You can clearly see that I was talking about the fake site that has fake testimonials. Why would you intentionally take my quote out of context?

I was talking about the scam of a shop that is trying to say he is an official distributor, but is not on the list at all.
No, I was talking about how you said testimonials can't exist.

I never said that testimonials can't exist, I just think that the testimonials found on that particular site are fabricated. Everything about that site screams scam, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that the testimonials are either skimmed from the internet about what people have said about it, or completely fabricated.

It's still shady to put testimonials on the site that came from people who had never bought or even received the product from that site.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
ball2012003 said:
2. It takes me an hour and 20 minutes just to download 1GB, I can't even imagine trying to download a ps3 game.Or you could use it to back up your own game discs...

dudeonline said:

I was talking about the scam of a shop that is trying to say he is an official distributor, but is not on the list at all.No, I was talking about how you said testimonials can't exist.

500 gigs for $60 USD.

yeah but I have no clue how to install .is it pretty simple to do it..what basically would I be doing..swapping the drive I have now for the other one..since I already have some stuff already on my PS3 hard drive does everything get transferred over? I think I will just use the external drive so I hope the issue with the ntfs is fixed by release

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
So...has anyone actually confirmed this working on a retail PS3? And not a debug unit?

This actually won't work on a debug unit, ONLY retail units. Well, let me rephrase. The backup manager program will not work on debug units, only retail units in debug mode.

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that you would need the game on the disc to copy it to the hdd like if you rented a game not downloading a game of the internet or is it possible to plug the hdd to a pc and copy it to the pc and download and upload it.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
So...has anyone actually confirmed this working on a retail PS3? And not a debug unit?

This actually won't work on a debug unit, ONLY retail units. Well, let me rephrase. The backup manager program will not work on debug units, only retail units in debug mode.

It works on debug units. Someone patched the backup manager. It had a flag that checked for Test units and would refuse to load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1