PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t_jay17 said:
I thought that you would need the game on the disc to copy it to the hdd like if you rented a game not downloading a game of the internet or is it possible to plug the hdd to a pc and copy it to the pc and download and upload it.

Yes? You can either dump games from the BD-ROM, or just download them. PS3 games have been dumped/released since day 1. They were confirmed to work via a debug unit, so they kept the dumping going. Most PS3 games are available to download, illegaly, from the internet. You can simply download them, transfer them to the HDD and you're set. Although some games will be required to put on the PS3's internal hard drive, since they contain game files greater than 4GB in size.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
New pic
dsc03223r.jpg

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see people actually buying this. PSX-Scene is already telling everyone to NOT buy it, as there will be a FREE alternative in the near future. JungleFlasher is working on getting the BD-ROM hacked as well so play burned games. People are paying a large price for being the first ones to have it.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
I don't see people actually buying this. PSX-Scene is already telling everyone to NOT buy it, as there will be a FREE alternative in the near future. JungleFlasher is working on getting the BD-ROM hacked as well so play burned games. People are paying a large price for being the first ones to have it.

Yeah someone on the psx-scene said that he has read that there will be clones available next week..so if that is the case then I will buy the clone..for 50 bucks its worth it..129 is just WAY too much money for something that will probably be cloned by this time next week

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:

my friend just bought it i told him not to but he told me he has been waiting for hte ps3 to be hacked for almost 4years now.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJL18 said:
OrGoN3 said:

my friend just bought it i told him not to but he told me he has been waiting for hte ps3 to be hacked for almost 4years now.

When is it supposed to be officially released? August 27th right? When your friend does receive it let us know if it works

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Rydian said:
dudeonline said:
You can clearly see that I was talking about the fake site that has fake testimonials. Why would you intentionally take my quote out of context?
I was never talking about the dongle. yeah, I know it's real.

I was talking about the scam of a shop that is trying to say he is an official distributor, but is not on the list at all.
No, I was talking about how you said testimonials can't exist.
If the device exists and people have used it, they can write a testimonial.

I never said that testimonials can't exist, I just think that the testimonials found on that particular site are fabricated. Everything about that site screams scam, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that the testimonials are either skimmed from the internet about what people have said about it, or completely fabricated.

It's still shady to put testimonials on the site that came from people who had never bought or even received the product from that site.
I'm pretty sure the site you guys are talking about is confirmed as a scam and is in no way connected to the official site...

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
I wonder if the amount of ps3 games circulating on the internet will increase because of this device.

Ive never seen any PS3 games posted online before..XBOX 360 and Wii games yes, but never any PS3 games

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Ive never seen any PS3 games posted online before..XBOX 360 and Wii games yes, but never any PS3 games
http://www.orlydb.com/s/ps3

Note: That's just a preDB site, nothing else.

Thanks..but since I dont see any of the games I want there I'll just back them up when the jailbreak is released..

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tell ya what..all this excitement this thing better be real..I think its real because if it was fake they would have released it already, had people buy it and find out that they were screwed. Why wait til next week, so it has to be legit..plus mocdhipcentral.com they seem like a pretty legit site, I doubt they would allow some fake garbage to be sold on their site...I just hope this thing is the real deal, I have been waiting a long time for a jailbreak to be available for the Ps3, I pretty much gave up on it ever being hacked but if this is real I am really excited about it

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Lakerfanalways said:
http://www.orlydb.com/s/ps3

Note: That's just a preDB site, nothing else.

excuse the noobishness but what does preDB stand for, a registry of dumped games right?

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just messing. Not buying one myself.
Until
1. There cheaper
2. Clone..
More interested though on the hombrew
tongue.gif
?
wii emulator anyone?
haha yeah right.
Need a better media player though.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Justin121994 said:
I was just messing. Not buying one myself.
Until
1. There cheaper
2. Clone..
More interested though on the hombrew
tongue.gif
?
wii emulator anyone?
haha yeah right.
Need a better media player though.

A wii emulator isn't impossible but how long would it take to get that up to speed? Its more of a control scheme issue.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii emulator might actually be possible. If dolphin could be cross compiled, and somebody made a homebrew library for communicating with wiimotes through the PS3s bluetooth stack, the PS3 shoudl have more than enough horse power to emulate the Wii (at higher resolutions for that matter).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof