Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hell, I'd just be happy if I could see the site up again, because apparently I'm the only one that's it's still showing as suspended, despite flushing my dns and force refreshing a bajillion times.

Hey can u check ur PCB of the Rev C?
I made some pics of it, lets compare them with urs

iXiUx.jpg

nkS2B.jpg

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seeing as the update patch only works in revision 9,A and C I'm starting to think that the rev C cards that doesn't work are probably mislabeled rev B cards

Reactions: JayRo

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your card was probably a kirby icon card before it was updated to Metroid. Kirby cards have been known to work with the 4.5.0 patch, unless you know for sure it was Dorasu before the 4.4.0 patch. If that's the case, I can't explain it.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Talfuchre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd - I have a week or so old R4 Card - It looks just like all other C cards I have had for about 6 months. Site is up and worked for me on downloading just now - and I will try to update my cart.

UPDATE:

I have a DS Lite - and I had a fail with both files - the DSL file and the DSLi file.

Huh....

ubat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem with my revision c that i bought in November, and as someone else pointed out, I don't think they will ever fix this batch of bad cards. I bought a new one that works with 4.5 (came with deep labyrinth icon). I really didn't want to get a dstwo because it has a lot of features I don't need and a shorter battery life, although if r4ids has to release a new hardware revision for the next update I'll end up getting one.

I think my rev C card is a rev B, because eventhough it says C on the back, it says 3DSb in Wood.
My new working card says the same thing.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed the r4ids team asking for information. Here's a transcript:

Me:

Hello,

Are you ever coming out with a patch for the Rev C's with "Metroid" icons that can't support 4.5.0.10? It's been over a month since 4.5.0.10 and we're still in the dark. Please let us know. There are a lot of people at GBAtemp who can't update.

--------------------------------
r4ids team:

Please pay more patience for a new patch, which we are still working for those old revisions and revision C "Metroid" icon issue currently....

support@r4ids

Me:

Can you give me an idea of how close you are to completing the patch? It'll make a lot of people happy to know you're actively working on one.

r4ids team:

We can only say it's close....we will keep it updated on our site soon...Thanks again for your patience..

support@r4ids

So there you have it. Hopefully close means in the next week...or sometime, rather than never.

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-snip-

So there you have it. Hopefully close means in the next week...or sometime, rather than never.

Here's hoping. I was a wee bit cheeky and asked the person who sold me mine (Digimartz) if they could send me a replacement unit since mine is 'defective'

So at least if we don't actually get the patch I might have something usable again. I don't understand how it could be so hard to get a working patch on the Revision 'c' models. But hey, I'm not experienced at all with it so it ain't my place to say.

I guess all we can seriously do is just continue waiting, even if it means no DS games for a good chunk of us.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Or maybe no update at all. Forget R4 I just went DSTWO way. These R4 team just doesnt know what the %^&* they are doing... I mean there should be an update by now, if there isnt then maybe there wont be any and if there is then how do you know its not gonna fail again...

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol at the people thinking emailing the r4ids.cn team will make them work faster.

:rofl2:

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Which is no one. I emailed them to get clarification on what was going on and if they're even working on a patch. Not to tell them to hurry up.

Read my post again carefully. I said lol at the people THINKING.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my post again carefully. I said lol at the people THINKING.

Bad troll is still a troll. Surely you have something better to do.

Returning to the topic, I wonder if public demotion in the various "which is best" threads would help speed things along with the patch. I bought mine because of gbatemp's recommendation; even if they don't care about their customers, they care about sales.

Reactions: PJM

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bad troll is still a troll. Surely you have something better to do.

Returning to the topic, I wonder if public demotion in the various "which is best" threads would help speed things along with the patch. I bought mine because of gbatemp's recommendation; even if they don't care about their customers, they care about sales.
I'm not sure it would help speed things up, but I agree with this anyway. I bought the card also based on the feedback in this forum, and I'm baffled as to why it's still being recommended.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure it would help speed things up, but I agree with this anyway. I bought the card also based on the feedback in this forum, and I'm baffled as to why it's still being recommended.

Because the new revisions of the flashcard still function on the new firmware and its pretty cheap compared to the DSTwo..

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but why would I buy a flashcart for 15 if its going to die in the next update. Ill just pay 40 for a DSTWO and which apparently doesnt have this problem, we will see....

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. At the very least, if they don't release a patch soon or give us a real timeline rather then "close" there should be a disclaimer that despite this card being recommended, the R4ids team updates their hardware frequently and longterm support isn't guaranteed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto