XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i remember u saying it worked on rev 41, but i tried it and it didn't work on rev 41 or rev 46

also, rev 41 had a bug that wouldn't allow it to launch the system menu ios, HBC, or bootmii from priiloader (so terrible brick protection for those without bootmii as boot2)

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
i remember u saying it worked on rev 41, but i tried it and it didn't work on rev 41 or rev 46

also, rev 41 had a bug that wouldn't allow it to launch the system menu ios, HBC, or bootmii from priiloader (so terrible brick protection for those without bootmii as boot2)
what?
no it would allow it perfectly well, just not from the priiloader menu cause of libogc's usbstorage closing (fucking idiots)

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still running Priiloader r15 because "USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder" by Narolez autoboots Configurable USB Loader perfectly. I noticed that the "simplisticmod" guide is now packing a newer Priiloader version r43 or r46 even. I would love to go to the newer version of Priiloader if I knew it would autoboot Configurable USB Loader correctly, all I get is a black screen.

I can stay on r15, but I really want the feature of autobooting the systemmenu if a Wiimote cannot be found. This prevents from having to have a gamecube controller around and makes it even more "Kid Safe" in combination with a "Kid Safe" configuration of Configurable USB Loader.

Just curious if I missed something along the way? Otherwise, I will be patient and watch for a solution with Priiloader or a new NForwarder, not sure where the problem is.

Thanks for excellent work!

EDIT: I did get advice from another thread that you could replace the target path of NForwarder with TinyLoad if your WiiMote isn't synced, boot an original title from disc and re-sync from there. Once you have your Wiimote synced, replace TinyLoad with the original target path of NForwarder, in this case, Configurable USB Loader and you are back in business without requiring a GC controller.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
I upgraded a friends wii to your new rev (after 46) and everything worked fine! There was a stack dump when I tried to launch the magicword.dol the first time directly after install, but other than that it worked fine
thats detail
tongue.gif

if the installer & priiloader work flawlessly then thats good
tongue.gif

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
celeb23 said:
I am still running Priiloader r15 because "USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder" by Narolez autoboots Configurable USB Loader perfectly. I noticed that the "simplisticmod" guide is now packing a newer Priiloader version r43 or r46 even. I would love to go to the newer version of Priiloader if I knew it would autoboot Configurable USB Loader correctly, all I get is a black screen.
I have same problem. NForwarder does not work in priiloader R46, but it loads if launched from Homebrew channel.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oxybelis said:
celeb23 said:
I have same problem. NForwarder does not work in priiloader R46, but it loads if launched from Homebrew channel.
Try the Priiloader-Beta from the Post above you
rolleyes.gif
. It has some changes which aren't on the Googlecode-Page yet, maybe it will fix it. I would love to try, but I haven't my Wii back yet
tongue.gif

TutenStain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from r32 to r46 from SVN. Everything went fine except that it code dumped on the first reboot. But been working since that w/o any code dumps. Running on black Wii with 4.2E.

Great program, Thanks!

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Blue-K said:
Oxybelis said:
celeb23 said:

Try the Priiloader-Beta from the Post above you
rolleyes.gif
. It has some changes which aren't on the Googlecode-Page yet, maybe it will fix it. I would love to try, but I haven't my Wii back yet
tongue.gif
I have test the NForwarder with the release on the wiibrew forum and doesn't work...
QUOTE(Daco @ Jan 10 2010, 02:32 PM)
*sigh*
cause we all like rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/333168673/Priiloader_BETA.zip
Thanks. ^^

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey DacoT,

Priiloader is looking great so far. I think I may have a bug report for you. I installed a compiled version of r46, and have had no issues or code dumps so far. What isn't working is booting into priiloader by holding the Reset button on my Wii. I've tried timing it differently, but it just seems to go straight to the Health Screen after Bootmii. I am unsure of how to access priiloader's settings now, as I have it set to Autoboot the System Menu.

Here are some specs on my Wii if that is helpful:
Running 4.1U with Bootmii as boot2, using r46 of priiloader beta.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Roobitz said:
Hey DacoT,

Priiloader is looking great so far. I think I may have a bug report for you. I installed a compiled version of r46, and have had no issues or code dumps so far. What isn't working is booting into priiloader by holding the Reset button on my Wii. I've tried timing it differently, but it just seems to go straight to the Health Screen after Bootmii. I am unsure of how to access priiloader's settings now, as I have it set to Autoboot the System Menu.

odd, holding reset works just fine here
tried holding reset and then pressing power while holding reset?

if that fails, uninstall and install rev46

if you had a usbgecko it would be nice to know the output but i guess you dont have one >_>

EDIT: and please check for the priiloader installation using some explorer like ftpii before uninstalling priiloader...

EDIT: and what are your wii settings?

@TutenStain on first reboot? as in HBC -> reset ? :/ or installer -> HBC ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Roobitz said:
Hey DacoT,

u can always use the magicword.dol to launch priiloader (or use the channel from my signature)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also did some quick tests with the 0.3 beta version. All in all, the program is pretty stable. Very rarely, when trying to boot into HBC from the console results in a rather...flaky screen (sometimes garbled, sometimes the screen is split into two triangles). It doesn't happen often, and I'm unable to reproduce the error (in other words: when I try the very same thing a few seconds later, it works fine).

Booting into bootmii (even though I've only got it as boot2) works fine.
smile.gif

As laurozza mentions, configurable USB loader's NForwarder still doesn't work. I think that it's the forwarder's issue, as I'm currently using USB loader GX's forwarder, and that one works fine*.
smile.gif

And I'm probably missing things, but what does the option "shutdown to ...priiloader" 's supposed to do exactly? No matter where I press either the console's off-button or the wiimote's off-button, the thing always shuts down normally.

Still...other than that, it's all as good and stable as it can get. Hacks work okay, the other options do what they're supposed to and I couldn't make the program do anything that it wasn't supposed to do in the first place (well...the priiloader.dol file doesn't exactly load priiloader, but loads priiloader's functionality...so when it's configured to boot HBC, starting the priiloader dol will load HBC. But I guess this is just how it's supposed to be
smile.gif
).

Anything particular you want tested out, Daco?
smile.gif

Oh, and of course: Thanks a lot for all the effort, man! It's much appreciated here.
yay.gif

*I simply switched the paths: my configurable usb loader folder is located in SD:\apps\USBLoader_gx\

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Daco said:
odd, holding reset works just fine here
tried holding reset and then pressing power while holding reset?

if that fails, uninstall and install rev46

if you had a usbgecko it would be nice to know the output but i guess you dont have one >_>

EDIT: and please check for the priiloader installation using some explorer like ftpii before uninstalling priiloader...

EDIT: and what are your wii settings?
- Yep, I tried holding reset and pressing power while holding it.
- Don't have a usbgecko
frown.gif

- Okay I'm going to try this ftpii thing, I've never used it before.

EDIT: this program is AWESOME, thank you for introducing me to it. I'm never removing my SD card again!

datae.png

contentu.png

(haha last modified 1970, right)

- Not sure what settings you mean but I had my priiloader configured to autoboot System Menu and return to System Menu, and shutdown to Off if I remember correctly, and it was using IOS60 (the system menu IOS)
- I'll wait on uninstalling it till I hear from you.

I think I may have an idea why this is happening though. I recently installed a new 4.1U system menu using DOP-IOS MOD (I went from 4.0U->4.1U). Could this have anything to do with it?

xflak40 said:
u can always use the magicword.dol to launch priiloader (or use the channel from my signature)
That's true, I didn't think of that. Thanks.

QUOTE(daxtsu @ Jan 10 2010, 03:08 PM)
@Roobitz: Is that the 0.3 beta from rapidshare you're using? Thanks.

I'm using the r46 one from a few pages back in this thread, I think it said it was compiled by 'bula'. For some reason it displays "r32" on the priiloader menu of another wii I installed it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just looked it up and yes you can use web cams on PCSX2 to play EyeToy games lol