Hacking Priiloader Public BETA

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
u can always use the magicword.dol to launch priiloader (or use the channel from my signature)
that's all fine and dandy until you brick your wii and you actually need to use priiloader for fixing your brick. then you have no way to make use of it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
giantpune said:
xflak40 said:
u can always use the magicword.dol to launch priiloader (or use the channel from my signature)
that's all fine and dandy until you brick your wii and you actually need to use priiloader for fixing your brick. then you have no way to make use of it.
+1, i should've pointed that out myself b4 possibly misleading ppl

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Roobitz said:
contentu.png
Looks like you don't have priiloader installed at all...
Did you reinstall the system menu recently, because that would've killed it. Just reinstall priiloder (DON'T UNINSTALL!) and you should be fine.

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
da_letter_a said:
Looks like you don't have priiloader installed at all...
Did you reinstall the system menu recently, because that would've killed it. Just reinstall priiloder (DON'T UNINSTALL!) and you should be fine.

Yes, I did reinstall the system menu recently. I reinstalled it and it seems to be working great. Thanks again for all your help everyone, and I look forward to future releases!

TutenStain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
Roobitz said:
Hey DacoT,

Priiloader is looking great so far. I think I may have a bug report for you. I installed a compiled version of r46, and have had no issues or code dumps so far. What isn't working is booting into priiloader by holding the Reset button on my Wii. I've tried timing it differently, but it just seems to go straight to the Health Screen after Bootmii. I am unsure of how to access priiloader's settings now, as I have it set to Autoboot the System Menu.

Here are some specs on my Wii if that is helpful:
Running 4.1U with Bootmii as boot2, using r46 of priiloader beta.
odd, holding reset works just fine here
tried holding reset and then pressing power while holding reset?

if that fails, uninstall and install rev46

if you had a usbgecko it would be nice to know the output but i guess you dont have one >_>

EDIT: and please check for the priiloader installation using some explorer like ftpii before uninstalling priiloader...

EDIT: and what are your wii settings?

@TutenStain on first reboot? as in HBC -> reset ? :/ or installer -> HBC ?

Installed (updated) from HBC. After the installation it went back to HBC (as it should). I shout down the Wii (pressed the power button), pressed again to start and then it code dumped right after (before Wii menu). I plugged the cable and tried to start again and it worked.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
http://priiloader.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader_v0_3b.zip 0.3b is out! Have at it. :3

Congrats Daco!

Here's what's new:

QUOTE said:
----------
Priiloader Changelog
-------------------------------------
0.3:
* Change and fixed IOS Stub detection. All known IOS' are detected like they should. thank you Attila
* Changed Autoboot setting so it would start system menu when having just updated/installed Priiloader
* Fixed Hacks.ini bug when it was made in linux (or any ini that doesn't have windows' \r\n newlines and uses \n instead)
* Fixed Bootstate handling. we should now handle all known bootstates correctly("invalid" bootstate 255 included). all unknown bootstates load priiloader instead
* Fixed Bug with USB drives that could crash System menu
* Fixed the Wii Blue Light on wiimail issue (when standby, forgot to merge the light init code from phpgeek)
* Fixed Background issues when changing colour and not saving settings
* Fixed various video related bugs ( out of screen text, text on top of the other, ... )
* Fixed some ES_Identify Bugs (in a hacky way) when not using system menu IOS for system menu
* Reload Hacks completly when LoadHacks() is called and hacks were already loaded once
* Added the checksum function from priiloader to the installer. if the checksum fails it asks the user what to do. it checks when:

* Copying (installation of priiloader) the System menu app
* Restoring (uninstall of priiloader) the System menu app
* after Writing the Priiloader app (the checking installation part)

* Added basic HBC Stub Loading. if priiloader (or a dol loaded by priiloader) crashes you can press reset to load HBC
* Added possibility to boot System Menu if no wiimote is detected. after 15 seconds priiloader booted press reset to boot system menu
* Added a check when loading/installing binaries to see if the SD/USB is still present or not

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh, surprised I didn't catch that in my tests. Oops. Oh well. You're the one who still had a true instead of false, TacoMan. :3

j/k

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Plz i need help desperatly. Today my friend finally buy an HD to play with his new LU73 4.2u Wii, everything was really going well i managed to instal Cios 249 rev14,202 rev4,222 ver4 38 as base,223 ver4 37 merged with 38; also install forwadder chanel for USB Loader GX, Uloader, Snes. When i show the Wiiflow loader he told me to install a channel for it. i dont use it so install a old priiloader version i had was rev15 to protect from a bannerbrick. Here is what i think goes wrong i install priiloader without reset the Wii then use Wadmanager to install this wad WiiFlow Spayrosam Forwarder-WFSF.wad which comes in the full version of the loader.So when i restart the Wii goes to Priiloader menu, so far all good, but when i try to load system menu nothing happened(holy sh1t
unsure.gif
); i can use HBC fine everithing works greats the USbloaders,Mplayer,Wiiexplorer,snes ,wii64; but so far any of Nintendo Channel doesnt load like Internet, WiiShop i try using the option in USB loader GX nothing happened so i prceed to uninstall the bloody wad and i can but stiil canot load system menu. Also im not able to load Bootmii (i dont make i copy o fthe NAND cuz i only was able install as IOS so this wasnt going to help in case sthg goes wrong)all i get is a black screen.
So what is i need to do to regain acces to system menu? Install the system menu for 4.2u with Wadmanager or anyother solution cuz if i install it would erase Priiloader having a full brick so what r u recomendation?
PLEASE HELP ME. iwould really apreciated ur help
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Daco said:
check the hacks
Thanks for ur really fast answer. Which of all the hacks will be the problem in case is not a bannerbrick(i hope i missmatch the name of the wad and uninstall the wrong wad) or is one of the settings? Would u advice me to install a new version of priiloader over this one i have ?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just installed 0.3
But there seems to be a major issue.
If I insert any disc in my Wii (hardmod) in the Wii menu, it just locks up. It's not loading the disc at all. Menu backgrond music keeps playing, but the Wii doesn't respond to the (still powered) Wiimote at all anymore. I'm sure it's priiloader's fault because if I uninstall it, everything is working again.

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be installing this new update ASAP.
smile.gif

I would like to extend a big thanks from me and everyone in the community for keeping this project going
biggrin.gif

agentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
Just installed 0.3
But there seems to be a major issue.
If I insert any disc in my Wii (hardmod) in the Wii menu, it just locks up. It's not loading the disc at all. Menu backgrond music keeps playing, but the Wii doesn't respond to the (still powered) Wiimote at all anymore. I'm sure it's priiloader's fault because if I uninstall it, everything is working again.

I had exactly the same issue. Already reported, and it's being worked on. If it's any help, Priiloader 0.2 r30 should be fine in the meantime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1