Hacking Priiloader Public BETA

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have preloader .29 on f/w 4.1. Do I have to do anything special to install priiloader, or will it just install over the old preloader? Do I have to redo the hacks?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
I have preloader .29 on f/w 4.1. Do I have to do anything special to install priiloader, or will it just install over the old preloader? Do I have to redo the hacks?
it will install over. me after i installed priiloader all my hacks are still active.

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ade said:
Since updating I get this error. “ERROR AUTOBOOTING SYSTEMMENU. COULD NOT GET BOOT STATS. IOS V70 SYSTEMMENU V481?.

Any ideas?
well, apparently it failed to get the status of the system menu main dol or the dol is 0 bytes. check the 100000xx.app in /title/00000001/00000002/content or data; can't remember (think it was content)

EDIT: btw, anyone who has a hardware mod and has the issue of system menu not reading discs/crashing PLEASE join us on irc (#priiloader @ chat.freenode.net ) around 4PM & 11PM GMT+1 if you can. i wanna get that issues figured out asap >_>

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bert02 said:
thanks wever i did read that there was a problem with cgf loader so thort id ask about it
ill try that link u sent me if not ill look into renaming the directory

cheers

hmm seems it doesnt work i just get a black screen with some white non english text and nothing happens
i am running from usb tho so if thats a sd forwarder then it wont work
I found out the same thing. I don't know whether you've followed the link, but since then, it has been pointed out that it indeed is specific in regard to the path (it should be SD:\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol...so loading from USB isn't an option).
Unfortunately, there's another problem with it: when configurable usb loader is in the correct folder, you can set it to start correctly (yaay!
smile.gif
)...but if you set it to return to, it crashed on me (awwww
frown.gif
).

The good news: the maker of that forwarder (Bad Uncle) also posted 2 extra forwarders (for configurable usb loader and usb loader gx) here. The former one works perfectly...for me. I can't say whether it'll work if the loader's on the USB port, though.

latini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys!

I need some help here: I've installed priiloader but when I reset my wii it goes to that white screen even if I don't hold reset. And I can't go to the system menu. When I try it goes back to the priiloader menu.

I can acces the HBC but I don't have bootmii installed yet. (and my HBC is upside down).

Can someone help me? :S wii lu66 v. 4.0U

thanks in advance

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
bert02 said:
thanks wever i did read that there was a problem with cgf loader so thort id ask about it
ill try that link u sent me if not ill look into renaming the directory

cheers

hmm seems it doesnt work i just get a black screen with some white non english text and nothing happens
i am running from usb tho so if thats a sd forwarder then it wont work
I found out the same thing. I don't know whether you've followed the link, but since then, it has been pointed out that it indeed is specific in regard to the path (it should be SD:\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol...so loading from USB isn't an option).
Unfortunately, there's another problem with it: when configurable usb loader is in the correct folder, you can set it to start correctly (yaay!
smile.gif
)...but if you set it to return to, it crashed on me (awwww
frown.gif
).

The good news: the maker of that forwarder (Bad Uncle) also posted 2 extra forwarders (for configurable usb loader and usb loader gx) here. The former one works perfectly...for me. I can't say whether it'll work if the loader's on the USB port, though.

http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/c...loader_cfg).dol

I tried this version and it works from USB. Unfortunately, it complains first that it couldn't find the file on the SD card and to press "home" to exit. Once you press "home" it looks on the USB drive for it. Subsequent autobooting to it works without the need to press "home". Once you power off completely and start again, you get the "File not found..." mesage.

Other than that, works great. Looking forward to an automatic path check from SD then USB along with a Channel similar to Narolez.

Great Job Daco and the rest! Thanks!

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
latini said:
Hello guys!

I need some help here: I've installed priiloader but when I reset my wii it goes to that white screen even if I don't hold reset. And I can't go to the system menu. When I try it goes back to the priiloader menu.

I can acces the HBC but I don't have bootmii installed yet. (and my HBC is upside down).

thanks in advance
can u go to the hbc and uninstall it to fix your problem for now until some1 can help

1 question i have it to boot to cfg loader but if i wanted to boot to MplayerCE would i have to hold reset and and then boot to hbc
could there be an option to auto boot to priiloader or maybe another screen with a list of options to boot to rather than just 1

eg boots to "priiloaders boot to screen"(a new screen) listing system menu, hbc, any installed files, etc and the return to can be set to last booted or whatever u choose

also the ability to install more than 1 install or is this possible as when i installed a new file the old 1 disappeared

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/c...loader_cfg).dol

I tried this version and it works from USB. Unfortunately, it complains first that it couldn't find the file on the SD card and to press "home" to exit. Once you press "home" it looks on the USB drive for it. Subsequent autobooting to it works without the need to press "home". Once you power off completely and start again, you get the "File not found..." mesage.

Other than that, works great. Looking forward to an automatic path check from SD then USB along with a Channel similar to Narolez.

Great Job Daco and the rest! Thanks!
im using that forwarder from usb and havent had a problem i did have to change the default directory as it was just usbloader not usbloader_cfg
i have tried with or without the sd card inplace and still works fine i can auto boot to cfg and return to cfg with no problems or errors

thanks to every1 who made priiloader what it is 2day awesome piece of software

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bert02 said:
latini said:
Hello guys!

thanks in advance
can u go to the hbc and uninstall it to fix your problem for now until some1 can help

1 question i have it to boot to cfg loader but if i wanted to boot to MplayerCE would i have to hold reset and and then boot to hbc
could there be an option to auto boot to priiloader or maybe another screen with a list of options to boot to rather than just 1

eg boots to "priiloaders boot to screen"(a new screen) listing system menu, hbc, any installed files, etc and the return to can be set to last booted or whatever u choose

also the ability to install more than 1 install or is this possible as when i installed a new file the old 1 disappeared
I think I misunderstand your question, because the way I read it, it is already available.
Remember that "boot to" setting I told you about earlier? If you set it to "file", you'll boot to whatever dol you have installed (usually forwarders). But it has other settings as well. From what I can recall, they are as follows:
-File: see above
-Homebrew channel: boots the HBC
-System: boots the default wii screen
-disabled: boots priiloader

@latini: your problem is...weird, to say the least. Are you saying that your system menu worked fine before the installation (and HBC was fine as well) before you installed priiloader? And you didn't install anything else alongside priiloader?
I ask, because the upside down (and mirrored) Homebrew channel isn't a bug but a feature. Team twiizers did that on purpose on all wii's who don't have a non-trucha patched IOS anymore. The reason: to indicate that something is wrong*.

I'd give more info, but I'm not even sure if what I'm saying is true (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Nonetheless, I seriously doubt this issue is purely caused by priiloader.

*normally, you can't even install HBC on a wii with only patched IOS'es (it gives a "no vulnerable IOS" error or something). It typically appears if you install an old version on a wii (with vulnerable IOS), then patch all those IOS'es, and finally update HBC.

latini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wever said:
@latini: your problem is...weird, to say the least. Are you saying that your system menu worked fine before the installation (and HBC was fine as well) before you installed priiloader? And you didn't install anything else alongside priiloader?
I ask, because the upside down (and mirrored) Homebrew channel isn't a bug but a feature. Team twiizers did that on purpose on all wii's who don't have a non-trucha patched IOS anymore. The reason: to indicate that something is wrong*.

I'd give more info, but I'm not even sure if what I'm saying is true (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Nonetheless, I seriously doubt this issue is purely caused by priiloader.

*normally, you can't even install HBC on a wii with only patched IOS'es (it gives a "no vulnerable IOS" error or something). It typically appears if you install an old version on a wii (with vulnerable IOS), then patch all those IOS'es, and finally update HBC.

Hello Wever!! Here's what I've done:

_ My will was 3.4U L66 with NEOGAMMA R6, IOS249 rev7). I didn't install it. It was already on the wii when I bought.

_Then I installed the HBC via bannerbomb cIOS38 rev14 and updated the firmware to 4.0U
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnnmxg2xmjr

_ After that I followed a tut for fixing loadding errors
http://www.mediafire.com/?khz3ninznyn

_ So I tried to install the priiloader using the pack bellow
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ty4149

_ I couldn't install it so I modified the system menu IOS following this tut:
http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/how...herorusbloader/

_So I installed the priiloader and couldn't return to the system menu. Someone told me that I might have deleted the system menu IOS but I really don't know. I just followed the tuts :S

plz help!!
frown.gif

latini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xflak40 said:
i'm busy so i can't give u more details... but DO NOT DELETE YOUR SYSTEM MENU IOS EVER!

I think that when I followed the tuts the system menu IOS was deleted but I'm not sure. How could I check it? And is it possible to reinstall the system menu via HBC? 4.0U lu66

tyvm!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
this isn't the right thread for this at ALL, so I apologize to daco and every1 for humouring our friend here...

use dop ios mod or wad manager+nus downloader to install IOS60 (do not install the latest version, 6400, it is a stub, install the version just before that)

if i were u i would update to 4.2 (or at least 4.1)

I just created a 4.2 Update Auto-Downloader for PC (by xflak40).rar (fyi, this is perfectly legal to share). This makes it easy for anyone to upgrade their wii to 4.2 without needed a wifi connection on their wii. Just follow the instructions, and make sure u install IOS70 before the system menu

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
D34DL1N3R said:
Curious as to what exactly happens if I wouldn't hold the B button down when installing Priiloader?
it would try to install using the ios it was loaded with (if loaded trough HBC or priiloader itself this is prob 36)

latini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's how I solved it in the case someone's having the same issue:

_I installed wad60 and then reinstalled the system menu 4.1U:

_ Then I reinstalled the Priiloader

_ Then I reinstalled HBC and Bootmii

thx e1 for the help!!
smile.gif