Hacking Preload a game you plan to pirate?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to what do these carry. It's not like you have access to other regions, islands are huuuuge or there's many stuff to render at once...
MH4U is understandable, that game is HUGE (2.6) and has at least 90 different monsters+10(more or so) stages.
The graphics are significantly better. This means higher-res textures and models, which already make up most of the space usage in X/Y/OR/AS.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Pokemon Sun/Moon is a graphical overhaul and it has more monsters than any MH Game

That's not exactly what i meant. I didn't mean to sound like i'm bashing pokemon. I just don't get it.
Also, for pokemons they are really small model, not that detailed (they don't have complicated textures or limbs most of the time), and the animations are cross-used for pokemons that can use the same moves.
They can't really be that heavy... Also, only the newer moves should affect the filesize, if anything. older moves/pokemon are always included by default. otherwise you wouldn't be able to transfer X pokemon from previous games.

About the texture being higher quality, you're talking about the pokemon, right? because the trainers have these "blocky" textures in their face gestures, they don't look so polished... In what i could test from the S&M demo, it's still like that.
Even then, OR/AS/X/Y have a similar filesize. We're talking about the double of said space here, just in higher textures? o.O (in another post i read something about 3.2gb)

Last edited by Alex658,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The graphics are significantly better. This means higher-res textures and models, which already make up most of the space usage in X/Y/OR/AS.
Really...? I played the demo and everything is pixelly, and washed-out looking. There are so many better looking 3DS games. For example, Majora's Mask is like 800MB and it is so beautiful. To be honest the demo looks more like a DS or Playstation 1 game. And there isn't even any 3D!
I am hoping that one day before I die, a Pokémon adventure game is made, where when you battle you control the Pokémon and have to dodge the attacks and try to land your own. And to catch Pokémon you have to actually spot one and sneak up on it.
Not this dumb stuff where you can't walk off ledges and you can hardly see anything around you with that 3/4 view. The gameplay has not advanced since the Gameboy, All there is is a sham prettier layer on it. And that layer isn't even that pretty. Plus piles and piles of gimmicks.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really...? I played the demo and everything is pixelly, and washed-out looking. There are so many better looking 3DS games. For example, Majora's Mask is like 800MB and it is so beautiful. To be honest the demo looks more like a DS or Playstation 1 game. And there isn't even any 3D!
I am hoping that one day before I die, a Pokémon adventure game is made, where when you battle you control the Pokémon and have to dodge the attacks and try to land your own. And to catch Pokémon you have to actually spot one and sneak up on it.
Not this dumb stuff where you can't walk off ledges and you can hardly see anything around you with that 3/4 view. The gameplay has not advanced since the Gameboy, All there is is a sham prettier layer on it. And that layer isn't even that pretty. Plus piles and piles of gimmicks.
Now THAT is a Pokemon game I would play the HELL out of. Lol Reminds of me Pokemon Generation 3D.

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not only the new graphics that take up more space. Sun and Moon also have more language options than X & Y. That's also the reason why the games in Europe are larger in size than in America.

GoodraIsBae9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not only the new graphics that take up more space. Sun and Moon also have more language options than X & Y. That's also the reason why the games in Europe are larger in size than in America.
Unless there's actual voices or a crapton of textures with text I don't think the size should differ that much
Is there even textures with text on it on previous Pokemon games?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if anyone here caught my post in the other thread, but if you install the CIA (or grab the game from CIAngel) before release, you can log into the eShop to repair it (just like you needed to when the CIAs for the Gen 1 Pokémon games were released online), and it will fix the bootloop and result in this message when you start the game:
s3tsa.jpg
Once the distribution timer expires, it'll verify the date online and allow you to boot the game.

Last edited by YayMii,
Reactions: Blue

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What?

Are both sun&moon 2.9 (making them 1,45gb each) or are they 2.9gb EACH? o.O
What the hell do they put in these games, it made sense when B/W used 512MB, but seriously, pokémon isn't even that big of a graphical/musical enhanced game.

New Pokémons + older/classic ones. Also the rest of the game like music, sounds, polygons and textures here and there...

And BTW, what's the difference between Sun and Moon aside from someother Pokémon on the list?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And BTW, what's the difference between Sun and Moon aside from someother Pokémon on the list?
I think the biggest difference besides the version-exclusive Pokémon and evolutions is the in-game clock. Moon's in game clock is shifted 12 hours away from your system's clock, causing the game world to be night time when the real clock is in day time.

Last edited by YayMii,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think the biggest difference besides the version-exclusive Pokémon is the in-game clock. Moon's in game clock is shifted 12 hours away from your system's clock, causing the game world to be night time when the real clock is in day time.

Interesting. But seriously, i miss that 2.5D of the 4th Generation.

ToxicHD345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh I want to get this preload but I lack a modded 3DS and my father doesn't want to drive to a certain GameStop that has the 2DS I need....

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can still get the preload... it'll just cost you $40 from the eShop.

Also, thank you, YayMii, for letting me know how to 'fix' the preload. eShop seems to act as though I've actually bought the game, which I find interesting. I wonder if this will trick Nintendo's servers or not, but worst case, I can redownload on the 18th.

ToxicHD345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can still get the preload... it'll just cost you $40 from the eShop.

Also, thank you, YayMii, for letting me know how to 'fix' the preload. eShop seems to act as though I've actually bought the game, which I find interesting. I wonder if this will trick Nintendo's servers or not, but worst case, I can redownload on the 18th.
Oh I have the money to get the games but I'm not buying a 2DS with my money. I have like 6 games I can trade in to get trade credit but a specific 2DS is far from where I live and my dad doesn't want to drive me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1