Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
is it sad that I love this program so much that I sit here and patiently wait for the next release?.....I answer my own question by saying yes
wink.gif

Thank you GartimusPrime, but I think that for some day there will be no new release. I'm working on themes and will take some time...

Obviusly reported bugs will be corrected as soon I can
biggrin.gif

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:
is it sad that I love this program so much that I sit here and patiently wait for the next release?.....I answer my own question by saying yes
wink.gif

Thank you GartimusPrime, but I think that for some day there will be no new release. I'm working on themes and will take some time...

Obviusly reported bugs will be corrected as soon I can
biggrin.gif
not REALLY sitting here waiting...but I do check back often. I am excited about the themes.....I already have some ideas in mind and can't wait to implement them!!

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
DEFIANT said:
Any fix for the missing Turbografx/CD games? I'm itching to play some Dracula x.

DEFIANT, can you test this one, before I release a full package ?

>

Thank you !
No go. They still do not show up in Emulated Nand. Thank you for the time and personal build. Maybe I'll see if I can get uneek to work. I've been focusing solely on the emulated nand.

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm...Going to start over with all my configs...

EDIT: OK... I goofed. Your all gonna laugh...You need those games on the drive in order for them to show up...lol. My bad.

Disregard bug report. B15 and the test build B16 are working as they should with tg16/cd.
If you changed any code (B16) for my false bug report, I'm sure you know to change it back (B15) as nothing is/was broke. Again, sorry about that.

I don't know how I over looked that. Before I started getting into this project, I was messing around with switch2sneek and had multiple nands with different wads installed on them. I must of been using one of those custom nands.

Soooo...moving on....

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DEFIANT said:
hmmm...Going to start over with all my configs...

EDIT: OK... I goofed. Your all gonna laugh...You need those games on the drive in order for them to show up...lol. My bad.

Disregard bug report. B15 and the test build B16 are working as they should with tg16/cd.

I don't know how I over looked that. Before I started getting into this project, I was messing around with switch2sneek and had multiple nands with different wads installed on them. I must of been using one of those custom nands.

Soooo...moving on....
it happens...how are the wiiware covers coming...let me know when and if you finish.....

DEFIANT

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@ GartimusPrime

no worries or pressure
smile.gif

I do appreciate someone taking an interest in these besides me. I was just making something for myself when I felt I thought I should give back to the community. So my cover pack was born.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zizer said:
i have red wii + dark wii theme

what about red theme?
You should be able to use the "Recolour" (or "Recolor" if you like to spell wrongly
tongue.gif
) tool in most half decent image editors to modify the blue theme to red.

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I would like to be able to have my wii turn on, run priiloader, run postloader.dol. autorun a channel on my wiis system menu for bootmii booter, and then have bootmii run an emulated nand off of the sd card using the sneek version of armboot on the root of the sd. This way, although it would be a long start up, I could basically auto boot into my emulated nand and still have the option to switch back to my real nand via loading post loader with a forwarder channel from the emulated nand and exiting to the system menu.

A problem I am having though is that I get a DSI error when I try to select bootmii as a auto boot app. Secondly not all of my channels show up on my real nand in postloader, the bootmii booter channel being one of them.

Can anyone help me out with this or does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
using the sneek version of armboot on the root of the sd

I assume you mean the sneek version of armboot in the bootmii folder of the sd card...
On wiibrew, you can find a small homebrew application that reloads ios254 and launches the bootmii\armboot.bin that way.
If you need it as a channel, you can have a channel forwarder point to it.
I see no reason why it wouldn't show up and work in postloader.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That would work to switch from your real nand to your sneek nand...but how are you going to switch back to your real nand afterwards?
unsure.gif

@cladian: I must admit I can only partially follow your reasoning. And I don't have bootmii as boot2, so my situation isn't the same. But I think that if you set priiloader (on real nand) to load bootmii IOS, it'll go straight into the emu-nand upon starting. In priiloader on your emu-nand, you can set postloader to load. The end result will be the same, but it won't boot postloader on your real nand first.
As for switching back to the real nand from there...I don't know. Your reasoning seem to suggest (sorry if I'm wrong on that) that programs are active until they are closed. And that your startup sequence would have postloader (real), bootmii and postloader (on emu-nand) active at the same time. Unfortunately, the wii doesn't work that way. Once you load something, the program has no way to tell how it got launched in the first place.

@GartimusPrime: ey...give the man some rest, will ya? stfour's been very frequent with his updates so far, but that doesn't mean dropping down to a normal rate of development means he's slowing down.
smile.gif

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 priiloader real nand -> load bootmii ios (load sneek)
2 priiloader emul nand -> load neekbooter.dol (load postloader2)

Sd:\apps\postloader2

Sd:\neekbooter.dol
Sd:\postloader.dol

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GartimusPrime: ey...give the man some rest, will ya? stfour's been very frequent with his updates so far, but that doesn't mean dropping down to a normal rate of development means he's slowing down.
smile.gif

[/quote]

sorry didn't mean anything negative by it, just got excited!

I can't get postLoader to work on uneek or uneek+di.... when I go in to postLoader and update title cache I get a stack dump....any thoughts?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A "sysmenu reboot" call makes the wii reboot, so it will start it's real nand again. Using postloader on his real priiloader has the advantage that he can abort the auto launching of the snek startup. Another method that might possible work is using the magic word "pune" instead of "daco". It will tell priiloader to boot the systemmenu instead of the selected application. So basically after setting that, the next reboot should return you to the real nand system menu. It might boot a little faster into sneek, as you don't need to load postloader anymore on your real nand. It pretty much all depends upon how frequently you use sneek and how frequently you use your real nand.

There is also a sysmenu call that reboots the wii directly into the sneek environment. I can provide the details for those who are interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gas pump ran out of gas only got $8 in lol