Homebrew postLoader4

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get postLoader to work on uneek or uneek+di.... when I go in to postLoader and update title cache I get a stack dump....any thoughts?

Shouldn't it read the hard drive as the nand when I update the title cache? or am i missing something?

cladian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Thanks for all the feedback about my question. Maybe my reasoning is a bit off, I'm really just experimenting to try to get the set up I want. What I am looking to do is have my wii boot up into the emulated nand but be able to exit back to the real nand system menu somehow. I can reboot back into the emulated nand using my bootmii booter channel on my real nand.

The set up I had in mind was having priiloader load the postloader.dol on sd, and have bootmii set as the autoload app which would load the emulated nand. Once I am using the emulated nand I could switch back to the real nand by having priiloader set to autoboot the postloader.dol again and pressing A to cancel the booting of sneek. I imagine I would need to use Sneek+DI for this since I would be using the SD in the sneek environment. I just started playing around with this idea yesterday so I will probably come across some issues but it seems like it should be possible.

Thanks again. I will read your comments carefully.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
I can't get postLoader to work on uneek or uneek+di.... when I go in to postLoader and update title cache I get a stack dump....any thoughts?

Shouldn't it read the hard drive as the nand when I update the title cache? or am i missing something?

Under neek you must use neekbooter.dol with priiloader or enable "neek" argument in meta.xml... In any way, you should use just the "real" nand, that under sneek is already the emulated one.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

Under neek you must use neekbooter.dol with priiloader or enable "neek" argument in meta.xml... In any way, you should use just the "real" nand, that under sneek is already the emulated one.
Thank you stfour that worked like a charm!!

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also my brother in law has this on his wii and all his vc games work great...for example Super Mario World on SNES works wonderful on his...but on mine you can only see it on half the screen. Our wii's are hacked the same, why do some games work different??

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader2b16 is out (download in the first page)

* HB: AHBPROT flag is now checked. If found and current ios is 58, no reload is executed. Anyway IOS249 will be loaded when updating channels or executing them.
* HB: if is found in xml and AHBPROT flag is on, no reload is executed
* Full theme support. Maybe there is something more to do...
* embedded textures reflects fontBMF_reverse setting (see theme.cfg & readmii.txt)
* Minor changes on screen layout
* Optimized screen redraw when menu' are showed (much faster, especially when ios is != 249)
* Updated readmii.txt with information about theming (please read it to understand theming)

theme-wii-1.jpg

theme-wii-2.jpg

wii theme

theme-black-1.jpg

theme-black-2.jpg

black theme

theme-blue-1.jpg

theme-blue-2.jpg

blue theme

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry Wever.. I do not changed menu layout yet.

@GartimusPrime... I have no idea of why your snes works in half screen.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely AWESOME stfour!!!

1. Is it possible for me to have 3 rows of channels instead of 4?
2. Is frame_back.png the empty channel, so I could put a picture on them? I only ask because it says it is 48x48 but they are bigger on the screen....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:

2. Is frame_back.png the empty channel, so I could put a picture on them? I only ask because it says it is 48x48 but they are bigger on the screen....

1. In the future I think that themes will allow to freely set spots. So you can make pages with 7 (for example) channels in the position you like. But for now 4 row x 4 column.
2. No you can't. they are tiled to create rectangles of the dimension required by postloader... anyway you can use a full transparent png to see the background. But just for frame_back.png

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

1. In the future I think that themes will allow to freely set spots. So you can make pages with 7 (for example) channels in the position you like. But for now 4 row x 4 column.
2. No you can't. they are tiled to create rectangles of the dimension required by postloader... anyway you can use a full transparent png to see the background. But just for frame_back.png

so i can change frame_back.png as long as it is transparent? sorry if I seem stupid......

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Cool... new update. Good job on the themes. I like it.

Windows XP went belly up on me so I've been motivated to Windows 7. It's taken me a while to get acquainted with it and reloading all my programs.

My VC/WW Channel Pack is done, but I have to get it uploaded because of said OS update. I'll have it out sometime after 3:30pm Pacific Time.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I'm working on a new job and it restricts gbatemp, so I won't be able to keep as much track of things as I used to. But I'm very glad to see how things are going. Custom themes will make for fancier screenshots, which will surely sell this already awesome program to the masses.
biggrin.gif

...and as for my recommendations of last beta: don't worry about it. This way, you'll still have something on your 'To Do'-list.
wink.gif

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made a few cool (well I think they are) themes but I have no idea how you guys do screen shots, nor do i know how to put them up for download. (in case, for some odd reason someone actually wanted one.)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
made a few cool (well I think they are) themes but I have no idea how you guys do screen shots, nor do i know how to put them up for download. (in case, for some odd reason someone actually wanted one.)

eheheh... I do screenshots from dolphin...

I like to see them...

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stfour - I know that you have done an awesome job by creating postLoader and it is by far my favorite program to hit the wii in a long time. I have a couple of questions/suggestions. Now keep in mind that when it comes to writing code, I am lucky that I can even spell the word "code".
Lets just say, for example, that someone wanted to make a wii theme as close to the wii as possible. You said earlier that it may be possible to change the amount of windows later on which will be cool. (maybe!) However how hard would it be and/or would it even be possible to make to functioning buttons in each corner that "look" like the ones on the actuall wii. Maybe even a clock would be cool. Please don't take this for anything. Like I said I know how to turn the Wii on and that is my extent of coding.
smile.gif
These are just thing floating in my head and I wanted to put the on the table. Feel free to call me an idiot. The only reason I ask all this anyway is to make it easier for my kids to use. I love having it but my wife gets mad when I constantly change it all the time and the kids don't know how to use it. Anyway thanks for your time!

Posts merged

stfour said:
GartimusPrime said:

eheheh... I do screenshots from dolphin...

I like to see them...
dolphin and my laptop don't play well together.....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[/quote]
dolphin and my laptop don't play well together.....
[/quote]

Upload them somewhere... I will snap them for you...

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GartimusPrime said:
unfortunately idiot = not knowing how to upload.....
edit....I may have figured it out.

Green Theme

Posts merged

GartimusPrime said:
QUOTE(GartimusPrime @ Jul 13 2011, 02:55 PM) unfortunately idiot = not knowing how to upload.....
edit....I may have figured it out.

Green Theme

My first postLoader2 theme!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 do you have gold hen ps4?