Homebrew postLoader4

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
You're the expert but my observation is that the crash happens after the scan is finished 100% and just when the dat file should be written. That's why the emu.dat is never created.
We should look into types of conflicts that prevent the dat file creation.
Also noticed that this problem occurs when toooo many plugins are enabled and does not occur when 20k or less roms are enabled which points towards memory overload.
can the emu dat file be devided per partiton (ex emu_sd.dat emu_usb1.dat etc...) in this way we can tell if it's a second or ntfs issue too
10 mins here for rom scan :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've checked and the dsi happens when scanning is not completed. The dsi you attached some post ago refer to something inside ntfs library. Obviusly I'm not pointing to any ntfs lib bug, prolly is some mem corruption produced by me. Anyway now should be plenty of memory available to emubrowser. The good is that I can reproduce the bug, so if there is a solution I will find it (or I hope so) ;)

Note also that if I move everything to sd, no dsi will happen....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 4.6.1 (update only)

* emuBrowser: fixed dsi when browsing ntfs partitions
* changed hourglass icon with something more "modern"
* new locking method for covercache thread
* various fixes

Abz, give me only good news !!!:P;)

Reactions: MassiveRican

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, um, I know I mentioned it before, but here again is that patch to channels.c to do titles properly for Wiiware games like Megaman 9. Hopefully this patch will work (you might have to use -l to ignore white space). Here's hoping you include it. :)

Attachments

• channels_c.patch.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 224

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
postLoader 4.6.1 (update only)

* emuBrowser: fixed dsi when browsing ntfs partitions
* changed hourglass icon with something more "modern"
* new locking method for covercache thread
* various fixes

Abz, give me only good news !!!:P;)
I'm sorry
I really tried very hard
I did my best :(
I could not make it dump :(
:yayps3::rofl2:
THIS IS AWESOME, IT FINALLY WORKS
Thanks a ton boss :):grog::gun::hrth:
btw I like the modern thingy too :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Now that all is working as expected time for detailed report:
1. Second partition roms are displayed fine but doesn't autoload
2. Only one Plugin per rom, example cannot have both Wii64 and Not64 at same time and various NES emulators (Quicknes, FC, Mednafen...)
only 1 plugin is showing while others are hidden from the plugin selection menu
at least let's have the option to select any plugin and prompt if another one is displaying same roms (if we can't have many active at once)
3. Also a weird filtering bug that has been there forever: when all roms are displayed I always get GBA roms sorted alphabetically First, followed by all other plugin roms combined also sorted alphabetically!
So if I disable GBA from the menu I see all roms sorted fine, (only this plugin does like this which is weird)
4. And last a wishlist thingy: scummvm support

Who though a wii can display 25000 roms all at once, this work is legendary :)
Thanks again stfour and keep up the great work
Abz :P

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1 Ok, finally I can look on this
2 Yes, this is true and works as it should. Next step is to allow multiple dol per plugin. This is my idea.
3 I'll check
4 NOOOOOOOO ! :lol: (anyway when all the little thing I have in my mind are completed, I will look again on this)

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
And let's not forget the channels_c.patch by Kuwanger, PL4 1/2+ is already amazing as it is, a few tweaks here and there and it will be damn near perfection. I think I'm gonna cry. Did I mention that postLoader is the reason I registered and the very first thread I posted on. I'm a huge WiiFlow lover/supporter but stfour is an amazing Dev and I love PL4. As a matter of fact I need to add PL to my sig. Hopefully PL5 would be the ultimate final iteration, complete with Swedish massage and happy endings XD ^_^ lmao ;)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now that all is working as expected time for detailed report:
3. Also a weird filtering bug that has been there forever: when all roms are displayed I always get GBA roms sorted alphabetically First, followed by all other plugin roms combined also sorted alphabetically!
So if I disable GBA from the menu I see all roms sorted fine, (only this plugin does like this which is weird)

Abz, check your rom's names ;)

Code:
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Konami Wai Wai Racing.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Advance GTA.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Pinobee no Daibouken.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Napoleon.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Fire Pro Wrestling A.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Power Pro Kun Pocket 3.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ JGTO Golf Master.zip

there is a space before every gba name, this is why they are sorted together :P

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: JoostinOnline

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Abz, check your rom's names ;)

Code:
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Konami Wai Wai Racing.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Advance GTA.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Pinobee no Daibouken.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Napoleon.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Fire Pro Wrestling A.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ Power Pro Kun Pocket 3.zip
L:\vbagx\roms\GBA\ JGTO Golf Master.zip

there is a space before every gba name, this is why they are sorted together :P
Thanks for noticing this weird problem, I mass renamed and all is cool now :)

EternalShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I really appreciate the amazing work you've done with postLoader, stfour. So far everything is running almost perfectly. I just wanted to report some problems.

Cover problems:
Note: I am using bmp images from RetroArch's "screenshot" feature. I made around 300 covers this way. It took forever, but looks so damn good. By the way, great idea on having an auto-import feature!
  1. Most roms that are named a shorter version of another rom will use the cover for the other rom. IE: "Contra" will use the cover for "Contra 3 - The Alien Wars", "Legend of Zelda" will use the cover for "Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past", etc. Interestingly enough, "Battletoads" will use the appropriate cover, and not the one for "Battletoads & Double Dragon" or others. Perhaps it is the first one in the filesys.
  2. Some bmp covers can cause postLoader to hang/crash (I've never waited long enough for a code dump). Most of these covers were from patched English translation roms. I saved a couple of the ones from non-patched roms if you're interested in them. Visually, there appears to be nothing wrong with the images. I haven't found a program to verify bmp files. Converting them to png will make everything fine.
  3. For reasons completely unknown to me, the cover for "Batman" will not display unless I rename the rom & cover to "Batman 1". The only other Batman rom being loaded is "Adventures of Batman and Robin".
  4. postLoader screensaver doesn't use custom cover paths.
I haven't actually looked at the source, but it appears that the emu titles cache doesn't include extensions and just matches the first occurrence of the title when searching for a cover. I believe WiiFlow covers use the rom file extension in the cover name (IE: Legend of Zelda.nes.png). If you were to use this method, and cache titles with extension, maybe you could kill two birds with one stone (multi-system roms with the same name using the same cover instead of seperate ones, and this "shorter name" rom using the wrong cover). Not sure if this is practical in postLoader, or if I'm way off base on the actual problem. Just thought I'd share my thoughts here.

I also have a problem with emunand channels booting using neek2o boot method. Everything copies/loads fine, but when I hit the Home button on the classic controller during the game, I get a permanent blackscreen. Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: game_rat and stfour

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw