Homebrew postLoader4

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From reading things, I have a few questions:

1) Priibooter_GUI.dol is obsolete at this point, right?
2) Is the neek2obooter.dol switch with 00000098.app in /title/00000001/00000002/content/ required to use neek2o in pl4?
3) Is the neek2obooter.dol switch with 00000098.app already performed by ModMii if I install Uneek+DI using ModMii?
4) What's the proper way to configure my set up so I boot directly into the neek2o environment, running my pl_us nand and autoloading pl4?

My guess is that I need to install bootneek2o.dol into the Real nand priiloader, then set the Emu nand's System Menu to auto launch pl4.

I think that should be about it. I'm confused about the need for neek2obooter.dol replacing the 00000098.app file in the content folder mentioned above.

Any explanation of that would be helpful.

ADD: Answers to my own questions.

1) guess so?
2) not required, but essential if you want to boot directly into pl4
3) no
4) install bootneek2o.dol to Real nand priiloader and have it autoboot. Then set the Emu nand's button "2" settings to autoload Postloader channel. Ensure that you've replaced 00000098.app with neek2obooter.dol as described in Readmii.txt for postloader.

Now my issue with this setup is when I go to download songs for Just Dance 4, I get "Internal Error on the SD Card". Not sure if this is associated with how storage is handled in neek2o or something to do with my specific set up.

Also, the System Menu hack "press A at the health screen" doesn't work for any of my titles.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loading Just Dance 4 through WiiFlow puts me at the situation where I can access the Wii System Memory and the SD Card without issue.

My concern, at this point, is that the Wii System Memory is showing a limited number of blocks available (like 1388 or something) and I have about 15-20 songs I want to download at 238+ blocks a piece.

Not sure what's going on here or why I'm unable to see those memory options when I load from pl4.

Hipno702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you setup the emulator plugins to display? I downloaded the plugin pack from google code pasted into the ploader folder on my sd and downloaded the appropriate emulators for said plugins. But when I boot postloader and go to the emulator section, nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that should be about it. I'm confused about the need for neek2obooter.dol replacing the 00000098.app file in the content folder mentioned above.

This is just a way to autoboot postloader in neek2o... postloader become a full system menu replacement. And the original system menu is accessible only by postloader or changing the neek2o option in the Options menu.

About you problem on "Internal Error on the SD Card" I've no idea. postLoader just tell neek2o to load the proper wbfs :wink:

How do you setup the emulator plugins to display? I downloaded the plugin pack from google code pasted into the ploader folder on my sd and downloaded the appropriate emulators for said plugins. But when I boot postloader and go to the emulator section, nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Have you refreshed the cache ? [home]->"Refresh cache"

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks AbdallahTerro, With editing the line, now it works !
One Thing: Is it normal that every game is displayed twice in Postloader (one start normally and one goes on the command line dos box Z> )?
P.S.
I Use and prefer The conf Plugin method !

Thanks

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi AbdallahTerro, Thanks for your reply!
This is what i mean:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2iloftl.jpg[/IMG]

example: when i point and click on first (prehis2) it gave me this:
http://i57.tinypic.com/9autsw.jpg[/IMG]

and when i click on second(prehis2) it starts good

p.s.
what conf file do I post to you exatly?
a game conf (prehis2)?

P.S.
games are on usb/dosbox
sd/dosbox is empty
thanx

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi AbdallahTerro, Thanks for your reply!
This is what i mean:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2iloftl.jpg[/IMG]

example: when i point and click on first (prehis2) it gave me this:
http://i57.tinypic.com/9autsw.jpg[/IMG]

and when i click on second(prehis2) it starts good

p.s.
what conf file do I post to you exatly?
a game conf (prehis2)?

P.S.
games are on usb/dosbox
sd/dosbox is empty
thanx

Check if in your plugins.cfg there is another dosbox definition that point at usb/dosbox

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks stfour for your reply !

this is mine plugin.conf

#
# postLoader plugin configuration file
# modified by gig
# <unique_id>=<enabled?1:0>|<recurse?1:0>|<description>|<plugin_name.dol>|<romfolder>|<ext1>,<ext2>,...,<extN>|<defaulticon.png>|<arguments>
#
# {device}
# {path}
# {name}
# {loader}
# {titlelow}{titlehi}
# {loadername}
#
# dolpath allow to specify alternate search path for dol. there is no need to specify postloader default path /ploader/plugins
#
# converted from WiiFlow by AbdallahTerro
#
dolpath=usb://wiiflow/plugins|usb://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii|sd://wiiflow/plugins|sd://wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii
000=1|1|FBA CPS1|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps1.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/CPS1|zip|CPS1.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
001=1|1|FBA CPS2|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps2.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/CPS2|zip|CPS2.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
002=1|1|FBA Neo|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_neo.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/NEO|zip|Neo-geo.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
003=0|1|FBA PGM|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_pgm.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/pgm|zip|PGM.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
004=0|1|FBA Psikyo|retroarch-wii/fba_cores_psikyo.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/psikyo|zip|Psikyo.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
005=1|1|FB Alpha|retroarch-wii/fb_alpha.dol|/fba_alpha/roms/fba_alpha|zip|fba.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
006=1|1|MSX|bluemsx-wii.dol|/MSX/Games|zip|msx.png|{device}:{path}/{name}
007=1|1|FCEUltraGX|fceugx-mod11.dol|/fceugx/roms|nes,fds,nsf,unf,nez,unif,zip,7z|NES.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
008=1|1|SNES9xGX|snes9xgx-mod11.dol|/snes9xgx/roms|smc,fig,sfc,swc,zip,7z|SNES.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
009=1|1|VbaGX|vbagx-mod12.dol|/vbagx/roms|agb,gba,bin,elf,mb,dmg,gb,gbc,cgb,sgb,zip,7z|vbagx.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
010=1|1|Sega Genesis|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/MD|gen,md,zip|Sega_Genesis.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
011=1|1|Sega MasterSystem|genplusgx-mod7.dol|/genplus/roms/MS|sms,zip|Sega_MasterSystem.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader};{titlelow};{titlehi};{loadername}
012=1|1|Colecovision|wiicolem.dol|/wiicolem/roms|col|Colecovision.png|{device}:{path}/{name}
013=1|1|WiiMednafen PCE|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCE|pce,zip|Turbo_Grafx.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader}
014=1|1|WiiMednafen PCECD|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/TD|cue|Turbo_Duo.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader}
015=1|1|PCFX|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCFX|cue|PC-FX.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader}
016=1|1|Mednafen PCE|retroarch-wii/mednafen_pce_fast.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCE|pce,cue|PC_Engine_R.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
017=1|1|MAME|mame-wii.dol|/mame/roms|zip|Mame.png|{device}:/{path}/{name}
018=1|1|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|//dosbox|conf|dosbox.png|-conf;{device}:/{path}/{name}

seems ok !
btw thanks

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, seems ok, anyway tray to remove the double slash //

018=1|1|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|/dosbox|conf|dosbox.png|-conf;{device}:/{path}/{name}

I'm really lazy, but I have a new release (4.7.x) that use a different (and better from my point of view) approach to plugins and maybe solve that issue. I need to find a place to upload new versions (google code doesn't allow "download" more) and perform online update..

EDIT:

also try to remove "recurse" flag

018=1|0|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|/dosbox|conf|dosbox.png|-conf;{device}:/{path}/{name}

Reactions: GamerSince83

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, seems ok, anyway tray to remove the double slash //

018=1|1|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|/dosbox|conf|dosbox.png|-conf;{device}:/{path}/{name}

I'm really lazy, but I have a new release (4.7.x) that use a different (and better from my point of view) approach to plugins and maybe solve that issue. I need to find a place to upload new versions (google code doesn't allow "download" more) and perform online update..

EDIT:

also try to remove "recurse" flag

018=1|0|DOSBox|dosbox.dol|/dosbox|conf|dosbox.png|-conf;{device}:/{path}/{name}

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!
removing double slash and recurse flag worked !

now it shows "dosbox" "Games" and my three games " prehis2" "quicky" " and "skyroads"

very good !

Is it normal then it shows "dosbox" and "games" ?

thanks again !

P.S.
i'd like to test your new realease too !

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
May You have a dosbox.conf and games.conf files ?

Ok, deleted dosbox.conf(created by dosbox with no game) and dosbox does'nt show now, Good!
Games still there, and the only games.conf i have is in the ploader folder ( I think is the cache of wii(wbfs) games) so i've not deleted !
BTW Thanks Again for your great help

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a different issue with the neek2obooter.app file and I'm wondering if anyone is successfully using it to launch ww/vc games using neek2o mode?

In the usb nands folder I have a pl_us and a pln2o nand. The pln2o nand has the neek2obooter.app installed and it successfully launches PL whenever I boot into that nand.

When I'm in real nand using PL, I have it pointing to pl_us for ww/vc. For problematic games, I configure the game to launch in neek2o mode. When I launch the game, it successfully copies to the pln2o nand but it doesn't execute the game, instead it just boots me in to the the System Menu of the pl_us nand.

I noticed that the neek2obooter.app file is listed as obsolete on the PL google code page, does that mean that it's not a valid option for launching in neek2o mode? Does anyone have it working as it should? Thanks in advance.

Just in case anyone else is having the problem above, check your priibootergui version. I had an older version (2.6) loading up in Priiloader. Now that I have 2.9 running, I can successfully launch games in neek2o mode and I can return to the real nand. Also, when using the neek2obooter.app file, make sure you are renaming the correct system menu file. The app files don't look very "stock" when priiloader and custom menus are installed on the emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi