Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. AlexanderLS

AlexanderLS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Would somebody be able/willing to make an updated FTP app?

The old ftpd gives me all kinds of issues.

2. 3Bies

3Bies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    A video to cia converter like Rinnegantamante, his one is outdated and isnt working for 11.4 boot9strap. If possible make it even more user friendly!!!

Foxchild likes this.
  3. Dvdcd

Dvdcd Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2016
    United States
    Can we have a jetpack joyride port?

4. joshfrg

joshfrg Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    can someone send me a homebrew that when opened it immediately closes.

5. AkitoUF

AkitoUF Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Don't know if this has been suggested already but for those of us with LOTS of things installed on the menu and folders, is it possible to make an auto-sorter for both the menu and folders?
    For instance, send all GBA games to one folder, all DSiWare to another, etc, and those files, sort them alphabetically.

6. Lonk

Lonk Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    Italy
    Is there any app that lets you send files from one 3DS to another?
    If the answer is no, then this is my request.

7. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    May sound weird, but what if someone made a pixel dungeon for 3ds, there are tons of different ones in the Google playstore, and the source code is there. Maybe even put an updater in it also

And someone said marrowind, I have to 2nd that​

Last edited by mike a, Jul 12, 2017
  8. itsbeboy

itsbeboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    A calculator, just a simple calculator. o and maybe a bizhawk port for all supported systems?

9. BlackSwordJon

BlackSwordJon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Canada
    Hello, is it possible for developers to create a application/CIA that can format an 3ds for those people that are bannedso it can be unban??

I know this is the stupid idea I posted but look at the other developers who created these famous software such as FBI for downloading CIAS, homebrew, NTR for streaming online and cheat code, etc

10. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    I pwned U! is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Formatting does not remove bans.

11. JoycieC

JoycieC JoycieC

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2011
    London
    Here's a legitimate request which will probably make everyone's lives easier that is probably way overdue.

Menu Organiser

Akin to the Wii U homebrew 'Menu Sort' this homebrew will organise all your icons alphabetically, including icons in folders whilst maintaining their folder structure.

Why?

Because this is becoming legitimate chaos.
    (See pics)

Attached Files:

12. fahademon0

fahademon0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    United States
    Anyone got a link to the latest release of Killerman Ghostbuster? The links in the original thread are down

As well as one for Lua Red, the thread just disappeared

Last edited by fahademon0, Jul 17, 2017
  13. Dante2405

Dante2405 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Hey guys,
    Since I've got a R4 and I notice other people with any DS linker got the same request, I got an Idea.

Most users are not found of the Bomberman logo showing in the 3ds menu. Changing it is either impossible or require being a dev.

Is that possible to create a .cia that would have for only purpose to launch whatever is in the DS/3DS slot. We would be able to custom the logo and text of the .cia via a PC software and ... that's basically it. Clicking the logo would launch anything present in the the DS/3DS slot. Regardless it is a game, a 3ds game or a DS linker.

So user could hide the bomberman logo somewhere and use the custom one.

Thanks for any answerer stoping by.

14. clemente970

clemente970 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Venezuela
    i'd like to see some kind of Patch for the MH3U for play it Online on a 3ds without using a Wii U.
    since i saw that its possible to play online on psp the Freedom Unite or portable 3rd, i cannot stop thinking about it.

15. dj505

dj505 Inexperienced Romhacker

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Most likely at the arcade
    I'd like to see an FTP server type app (like FTPD) that runs in the background kinda like NTR CFW, so that it's much easier to test out romhacks and such without needing to close the game and switch back and forth between the game and FTPD

I pwned U! likes this.
  16. MashedPotatos

MashedPotatos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2017
    Canada
    Newfoundland
    Can somebody make a noob friendly CIA dumper?

17. delta nite

delta nite Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Ok, I don't have any idea if this is feasible but:
    I don't currently own a NDS flashcart and would like to play rom hacks using my legit cartridge. Is there any way to have something similar to the romFS support Luma has for NDS games? I understand that dumping the cart, applying patches and using the hacked rom with TWLoader is an option but compatibility with most homebrew/rom hacks seems iffy at the time.
    Tagging @Robz8 and @shutterbug2000

18. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    It would be nice if the homebrew app store was still kicking.

19. Foxchild

Foxchild Goomba Overlord

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    How about an app that can temporarily "shut off" slot 1. Or, better yet, default to boot with it off, but can turn it on. Why? Because ds2 cards drain the battery. With this, I could keep my ds2 permanently in my 3ds and I'd have all my 3ds and ds games always at my fingertips.

Also, something that can read normal video files (of normal length). Even mp4 would be okay.

20. Belus_

Belus_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    Netherlands
    Hacking the pokemon typing adventure keyboard to play old PC games that require no Keyboard.