Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    A save editor for the Yokai Watch games would be nice. You could obtain the Yokai that could otherwise only be obtained using a one-use code in 2.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

2. kira1000

kira1000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2010
    Australia
    How hard would it be to make a homebrew that pauses the gameplay and allows you to zoom in on the screen? Basically, something similar to what NTR's menu does (appears over bottom screen but shows top), only you can press L/R or something to make it bigger/smaller, kinda like what the PS4 allows. This would be great for games FFEX and the MH series of games with small font.

3. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    A SmileBASIC-like app to develop homebrew apps directly on 3DS using C/C++ without need to compile on PC and transfer to 3DS.

4. eworm

eworm GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2016
    Poland
    Taking screenshots of NDS games, probably a CFW thing.

Emulating the GBA Slot for DS games, maybe utilizing dumped saves (for transferring Pokémon from gen III to IV).

5. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    does a 3ds text editor exist?

6. KobraXMW

KobraXMW GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2014
    United States
    If it hasn't been mentioned already, it would be nice to have a Homebrew app that downloads rom hacks to the 3ds from a repository that makes use of Luma's built in layeredFS.

I pwned U! likes this.
  7. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    Here's an idea that SEGA never took advantage of. How about a Chao Garden app?

8. Chopsuey

Chopsuey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I always wondered, why is there no Quake II ? Even the NDS had a Quake II Port.

Purplstuph likes this.
  9. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    Because there aren't enough coders interested to porting games to 3ds. Most passed to PSVITA.

10. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Between here and there
    First, here's the thing.

Pokémon 1st gen games are available on GB/C Virtual Console. 2nd gen games will be available on GBC Virtual Console (and can already be made into GBC Virtual Console). 3rd gen games can be made into GBA Virtual Console, and 4th to 7th gen games are available on DS, then 3DS cartridges. In addition to that, there are homebrew banks for 1st gen (standalone) and 4th to 7th gen games (together, with transferring eases).

So, the question is simple yet heavily complex - Can some homebrew be done to connect all those games together in one big chain, allowing people to keep their teams and beloved pokes through all gens, from the first to the last, eventually with the changes that happen through some transfers (like the 1st gen pokes sent to Bank will get 3 31 IVs and a tag showing they come from Kanto) ?

11. Glink

Glink Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2015
    Wii U's NUSGrabber is ideal for getting patches that are no longer the latest (Super Smash Brothers for Wii U is a good example).
    Is there anything like that for the 3DS, I am trying to find a specific patch for the USA version of Super Smash Brothers for 3DS

12. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Ntr cheat database, with automatic creating of the necessary txt file?

13. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    does anyone have a donkey kong country returns editor?

14. Bogan_Mike

Bogan_Mike Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2017
    I'd love for it to be possible for the n3ds to play flash games/movies?

Last edited by Bogan_Mike, Jun 10, 2017
  15. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    This is not a request per se, but I didn't want to open a whole thread about it.
    How can I look at the filesystem of 3DS games?
    You know how you have the meta, code and content folders on Wii U where the content folder has like music and prerendered cutscene files etc.
    How can I access music and cutscene/FMV files of 3DS games, if I had the game in CIA format?

16. ivonov2002

ivonov2002 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    Netherlands
    Installing CFW with download play

17. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    I like the showdown idea.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was thinking,is there a app that can unzip rar or zip files?

18. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If I had a dollar for every time I've seen someone request something like this.
    We only just recently got even a basic download play exploit, and that only runs in ds mode with no sd or system access. We would need to break past those two barriers in just the ds mode itself, if at all possible

ivonov2002 likes this.
  19. Chopsuey

Chopsuey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    somewhere over the rainbow
    A way playing Pico8 games would be really cool. It is not open source so it is pretty utopic, but anyway, i definity would love to see a tiny pico8 console on my 3ds

20. TehJim08

TehJim08 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2016
    Any chance that NZP, nazi zombies portable could be ported to 3DS as it was a quake mod for the PSP and PC. I would love a portable version of the Cod Zombies gamemode and I'm sure others would also like it if it was possible, especially as halo revamped and Quake 2 were ported over fairly recently

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk