Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. sks316

sks316 GBAtemp's Mewtwo™

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Cerulean Cave
  2. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    It's not so easy because it uses non standard libs, and is bad coded (author says it).

Doesn't compile with std=c++11. I was able to compile it using a gnu variant of c and suppressing a lot of warning, but this way it doesen't link correctly the main() entripoint.:ohnoes:

Now I'm trying againg fixing the warnings, but it's time consuming.

After getting it compiled there will be other work to do because the way it handles the skins is not compatibile with romfs.

I can share the wip code on github if someone wants to help

Last edited by nop90, May 5, 2017
  3. sks316

sks316 GBAtemp's Mewtwo™

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Cerulean Cave
    If you can get it working, you can send me the beta build and a list of things I need to test.

4. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    An app that downloads your choice of NTR cheats onto your SD card would be sweet! Perfect for when you're nowhere near a PC or laptop...

Lukerz and ikkinomi like this.
  5. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    OK so you know how some Wifis require you to sign in? (Like, it looks like a open network or whatever but then takes you to a sign in page.) Well the 3ds can't do that. Can someone make a homebrew to get around that? And well your at it add a way to hold more then 3 WiFi options?

mike a likes this.
  6. hidd12

hidd12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Croatia
    Suggestion for Homebrews:

1. Sorting out TitleDB by splitting it into two main groups, Apps and Games
    2. Using that one homebr3w browser app to this end
    3. VC injected games homebrew store (aka sub category)
    4. List of indie games on pc that theoretically can run on 3DS and posting them up here on a separate thread for people who are willing to try tackling porting them to the 3DS

7. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    I don't think sorting apps and games through TitleDB is feasible, as the website itself would have to change its API to reflect the sudden split between apps and games.

8. hidd12

hidd12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Croatia
    Basically why I said that it should be done app side, but the main issue is that there is no certain way to split them correct? Aside from using their names

9. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Hell
    It would be kinda hard to implement a program that could distinguish between games and apps. You'd need to hard-code game and app definitions, and that would be a pain to update.

What could work, however, would be a .txt file full of the names of designated games. It would still be a chore to update each time.

10. hidd12

hidd12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Croatia
    Indeed, oldest way is to add a rule to all games so as they be tagged with a specific word in their names as to make the filter work, otherwise yeah, too much work

11. CPunch

CPunch Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    United States
    Looks like a pretty simple and fun project! I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by CPunch, May 21, 2017
  12. andree123

andree123 Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2017
    United States
    A pc tool that allows every nintendo 3ds rom and including the ones that can be only extracted with GodMode9 (eshop cia files and etc.) to be extracted and decrypted and unpacked in your pc.

If you were going make it, I recommend to use the source code of Shadowtrance's 3ds Rom Tools.

Last edited by andree123, May 21, 2017
    I pwned U! likes this.
  13. CPunch

CPunch Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    United States
    Alright got a working demo using a modified version of my HBLSelector. Now I just need a better menu and ideas for which NTR cheats to include,

Currently have:
    >AC:NL
    >MK7
    >OOT

"Screenshot":
    http://imgur.com/a/3gqF6

hidd12 and I pwned U! like this.
  14. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Hey, I was wondering if there was any way to transfer earned Nintendo Arcade badges from one system to the other. I mean, I earned them... I'd like to bring them over to my Old 3DS if at all possible.

15. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    system transfer would be what you want. But if its new 3ds to old 3ds i dont think you can transfer system information that way.

16. YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys. I know that there exist ways to gen Pokemon on-the-fly (such as PKSM), but I was wondering:
    Would it be possible to make a web-based app (HTML+JavaScript) that generates QR codes for SciresM's Sun/Moon Injection patch (SMPatcher)? I know that there were QR generators for Gen 6 games, but I really would like to be able to generate those Gen 7 QR codes (like the ones in PKHeX) using a web browser on my phone and pre-made PK7 files. Could anyone look into this, please?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S.: I've been trying to make it myself, but I can't seem to get the QR data to generate the right checksums and whatnot for the Pokemon to inject.

17. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Why would you need to gen Pokemon on the go?

18. YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    United States
    Maybe so that I can trade with friends in real life, or even online with my mobile hotspot when I'm away from home. Why would that matter?

19. Purplstuph

Purplstuph Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    Been looking forward to this after quite a while since the source code is out.
    How about a port of AM2R on 3ds?
    Sure it was fun on my pc but playing it wherever i go could be amazing.

20. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    i still want a homemenu where the game list is not only left and right. but also down and up. and when you zoom the tiles stay in their place, and not re aranged!