Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. sidav

Newcomer sidav Newbie

Russia
    I think it would be amazing to play Descent 1 and/or 2 on 3DS. It should lay very comfortable on 3DS controls, and there is an open source version of Descent out there (DXX-rebirth) which uses SDL, so the porting should be possible...

Purplstuph likes this.

2. nop90

Member nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I think it uses SDL and OpenGL. The second is only partially ported to 3ds.

The real problem is that there aren't so much people coding for 3ds. There are about a dozen of coders that released 3ds homebrew games in the last year, and only 4-5 of them are active now.

3. sidav

Newcomer sidav Newbie

Russia
    If there was any manual like "How to port an SDL game to 3DS", then I would definitely try it :)

4. nop90

Italy
    I started it, but it's a low priority project.

But don't exepct i'ts so easy, you can learn to port a SDL game to 3ds in few days, port and compile a game without errors in few hours, but debugging and fixing everything is a very hard thing that needs a lot of coding experience

ivonov2002 likes this.
  5. sidav

Newcomer sidav Newbie

Russia
    Ow. It's sad. Thanks for your answers. So, there are veeery little chances for descent.
    My another request would be Star Control 2 (or Ur-Quan Masters), but looks like it won't happen too :|

6. leerpsp

Member leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Id like to see a amiibo bin changer writer for new 3ds xl if its possible with a android phone i think its possible with the new 3ds xl.

7. nop90

Italy
    OpenGL is in wip state (https://github.com/cpp3ds/gl3ds) so maybe in a near future.

8. Ranidu
    This message by Ranidu has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 8, 2017, Reason: Nice try buddy.
    Apr 8, 2017
  9. Chopsuey

Newcomer Chopsuey Member

Germany
    I think it was postet a lot of times befor, but again, a text editor would be really helpfull !
    And is it really impossible to make somthing that streches the Top screen in NDS games to 100% fullscreen ? That would be so cool (or blury, but i want to know !)

MannCo likes this.
  10. MannCo

Member MannCo GBAtemp Regular

United States
  11. YveltalJ1

Newcomer YveltalJ1 Member

United States
    I found out that you can extract team Kirby clash deluxe saves using jk save manager. I was wondering if anyone can make a sort of a save editor for this game.

12. Ryccardo

Member Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Italy
    I just dreamed of a simple application launcher wooo gbatemp-grade idea;

• which would cache a list of titles (more specifically, their icon data and in particular name/description/publisher and actual icon) on first run like JKSV does, and at any time by pressing a button
    • this list is to be sorted alphabetically (bonus points for more options like respecting the selected language, alternative sorts, manual order...) and written to internal storage to be reused for the next use of this launcher
    • applications are to be displayed in this order as a selectable list (bonus points for displaying icons or grid mode)
    • selecting an application simply starts it; (optionally favorites can be assigned to buttons for 1-click launching)
    • This launcher MUST be able to be installed to, and run from, ctrnand; and priority should be given to speed of loading and rendering a cached list

This program, (especially if built with titleid 0004000-0ff40002 and combined with TestMenu), would make a rather convenient Home alternative* for the 300+ icons people and anyone not wanting the slow loading of icons typical of 9.0+ home launchers, while also getting the benefits of TestMenu - lossless screenshots, high performance, no frills -

...while the developers that might tackle this project will avoid the system integration issues of making a complete Home replacement that @MarcusD has been trying to tackle in his limited free time, while at the same time focusing on an usable UI that will be reusable in the event a fully featured homebrew Home will be achievable!!

* except for the applets: game notes, friends list, notifications, web browser, memeverse, amiibo settings

YveltalJ1 and I pwned U! like this.
  13. YveltalJ1

Newcomer YveltalJ1 Member

United States
    I. Actually like that idea.

14. scionae

Member scionae GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I would like to see a MHXX plugin for bosses health bar already, it will be very useful c:

15. Most-Wanted

Member Most-Wanted GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I want to Play Ape escape 1 on my 3DS and Crash Bandicoot Racing "CTR"

16. WoniMK

Newcomer WoniMK Newbie

France
    Is it possible to emulate amiibo with 3ds and trick Wii U ?

17. hack3r2507

Newcomer hack3r2507 Member

Germany
    A Clash Royale game would be nice. You could use the touchscreen to put the troops on the field.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

YveltalJ1 likes this.
  18. Most-Wanted

Member Most-Wanted GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    GPD XD does that just fine .. no 3d option though

19. SRKTiberious

Member SRKTiberious GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wouldn't mind seeing this either, especially if it's made compatible with o3DS and the external amiibo hardware.

20. 3Bies

Newcomer 3Bies Member

New Zealand
    I would like to see a file manager capable of copying a clipboard onto the 3ds memory so you can pull out the sd card and inject another one in to transfer the files... Or to somehow transfer data from 3ds to 3ds without a computer of any sort, this suggestion sounds a bit silly and unrealistic, but if it happened cfw users can trade gamedata or cias without a computer, by any chance you meet a cfw user you can trade games, homebrew, and system data... This sounds kinda stupid but can be really useful if you don't have a computer in public........

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  21. Apache Thunder

Member Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    I second this. It is possible to write to blank Amiibo tags with n3DS (and o3DS if you have the dongle perhaps). There is an official SDK dev app that does it (but it only writes dev amiibos that only work on dev system since the companion PC app it uses uses a proprietery file format and encrypts Amiibos using dev keys).

If nintendo had an official app for this for dev units, that means that there isn't a hardware limitation here. Would be nice to not have to go out and find an android phone just to write amiibos if my n3DS is physically capable of it.... :(

Someone could in theory hack the windows app that came with the dev app for writing amiibos and make it write retail encrypted amiibos on retail units. But that's the grey market/illegal method. A full homebrew app would definitely be preferred for this. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Apr 22, 2017