PokeNavGo - Reveal Pokemon, Anywhere on Earth!

Today GBAtemp brings you an exclusive reveal of the latest in Pokemon Go tracking apps:

PokeNavGO-Announcement.png

PokeNavGo allows a user to scan an area anywhere in the world and reveal where all the closest Pokemon are located, within a map size of up to 2 sq km.
How it works:

“PokeNavGO is stylish and easy to use. Simply find a location on the map, place the marker by pressing & holding, click the Pokeball to start revealing all nearby Pokemon. Once revealed you got to catch em all using the official Pokemon GO app.”
Features:

“PokeNavGo will be constantly updated and extended. Upcoming features will include the ability to filter for certain Pokemon."

Currently released for android 4.3 and above, an iOS version will follow shortly.

Check out the screens below and follow the links for the PokeNavGo Official Site and android download.

PokeNavGO-Install-1.png PokeNavGO-HowItWorks.png PokeNavGO-Install-Splash.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-1.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-2.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-3.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-4.png

:arrow:Download PokeNavGo 1.0 .apk
:arrow:PokeNavGo Official Site
:arrow:Facebook
:arrow:Twitter

Note: The functionality of PokeNavGo is dependant on official Pokemon Go servers being online.
Check your region's server status here.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
See now this reply is something I respect. Honest opinions and complete stories. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if the staff made a mistake in promoting this. It's a fan site afterall, ran by video game fanatics. No one expects perfection. What I found to be annoying was some of the staff coming to it's defense, just to refuse admitting that a mistake was made or something.

Either way, my personal opinion is that the best way to promote it is an non-biased review, not this thread. Not everything gets reviewed on the site, so to have a review is in itself a promotion. How the developer deals with the negative results, and reinforces the positive results is up to him. The quality of reviews on the temp is actually what brought me to this site almost 10 years ago, and It sure is the only way to be completely fair to both dev and readers/members.
as much as I get your point, I don't know if we can call this "promoting", we reported the news as it was brought to us and we had the chance to test it prior to release. Anyone coming to us with news that we deem worthy of interest will get their chance. And there will be a review as well, because that's what we do.

As for it being broken, seems like the developers need to work out the kinks and release an update? they must be reading this post now.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
as much as I get your point, I don't know if we can call this "promoting", we reported the news as it was brought to us and we had the chance to test it prior to release. Anyone coming to us with news that we deem worthy of interest will get their chance. And there will be a review as well, because that's what we do.

As for it being broken, seems like the developers need to work out the kinks and release an update? they must be reading this post now.
I do agree that promoting might not be correct word here, but for a lack of a better word, this one is the closest that come to it.

News wise, it isn't news worthy for one big reason: many other apps do the same thing, not to mention free. So this isn't really something new.

Honestly, not having played the game before, when I saw this I thought this was amazing, as I assumed GBAtemp is posting this particular app for a reason, so it must be ground breaking, until I finally came to understand that this isn't something new! and there are a lot like this, better! and free! So I really couldn't understand why this was posted to begin with?

As far as it being broken, and kinks need to be fixed, that's a separate issue, which should eventually be fixed.

Bottom line is, this was fit to be in a review, not news.

Reactions: Kourin and KazoWAR

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No don't start shit like this...
You actually think that the members here would pay for shit like this? Most of the users here pirate the shit out of games that are actually good, and I bet they wouldn't pay for some app that only mimics the function of a service which has been shut down by Niantic. Go with ads or just don't

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If GBAtemp needs more money, I would pay directly to it. Not through things like these. I already disabled Ad-Block on here

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gbatemp.... does all for the community ....
and the important news are ignored

free after the motto
´I do not care what that has to do with me
sry I think only of myself
as all here´

i see we have to paid for a news!

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp.... does all for the community ....
and the important news are ignored

free after the motto
´I do not care what that has to do with me
sry I think only of myself
as all here´

i see we have to paid for a news!
...what?

No don't start shit like this...
You actually think that the members here would pay for shit like this? Most of the users here pirate the shit out of games that are actually good, and I bet they wouldn't pay for some app that only mimics the function of a service which has been shut down by Niantic. Go with ads or just don't
There wasn't any paid advertisement, this has been stressed. The creator of the app came to GBAtemp to get the news out about a working scanner app for Pokemon GO. Of course, to the staff's knowledge, we weren't aware other scanning apps existed, which was an honest mistake; that should have been researched further. Of course, no one is forcing anyone to buy it, and it can have a set few amounts of free scans, so I don't understand all the fervor here. A single block on the news portal is not going to kill anyone here, so relax, everyone.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...what?

There wasn't any paid advertisement, this has been stressed. The creator of the app came to GBAtemp to get the news out about a working scanner app for Pokemon GO. Of course, to the staff's knowledge, we weren't aware other scanning apps existed, which was an honest mistake; that should have been researched further. Of course, no one is forcing anyone to buy it, and it can have a set few amounts of free scans, so I don't understand all the fervor here. A single block on the news portal is not going to kill anyone here, so relax, everyone.
I think you didn't understand me correctly. I said that the app should use ads instead of paying for scans. I just don't get why the staff would support something like this.

Yeah, and every rom on it I own the actual physical card. the r4 is simply for convenience, because I don't like to have to bring all my cards with me when I travel.

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you didn't understand me correctly. I said that the app should use ads instead of paying for scans. I just don't get why the staff would support something like this.

there are also tricks/tools on android to bypass the payment system (of course they are illigal to some point)
it would be possible to do this for pokenavgo. depending on how they organize their inapp payments (client side or server side)

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there are also tricks/tools on android to bypass the payment system (of course they are illigal to some point)
it would be possible to do this for pokenavgo. depending on how they organize their inapp payments (client side or server side)
You have to do it via pay pal or other things like that. I tried to look where the app stores its data, so maybe I could delete it so that I have 5 scans again. But it seems like it uses the IP adress of yiur phone

D

Deleted User

GBATemp can't make money off the app so stop worrying people :P
I don't like the idea of having to pay but that's what survery reward money's for.

Reactions: Chary

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
if there are other apps out there and their developer want us to post news about them, they are welcome to contact us.

consider it this way: if Nintendo makes a new gaming console, we're going to announce it no matter what, even if Sony already has a better one out there and cheaper (or free)

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It's still working for me. Sometimes the timer must count all the way down.
Also you don't have to login like other apps so there is no risk of a ban.

Here is a scan I just completed:

2016_08_15_10.45.16.png

PokeNavGO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokenavgo.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys!

I´m part of the PokeNavGO team. Thanks for the feedback!
I will get back to you shortly... Reading :)

Regards

Here some answers:

Do you gotta buy scans? At least Pokévision was free.

Unfortunately keeping the HW, Service and all up and running requires $$$.

Did a gbatemp member create this?

Nope.

While the app looks pretty cool in terms of style, there's already other apps for mobile devices that do it's job, and provide more features. From what the screenshots show, and comments from other people, the app requires the user to purchase scans is just dumb. I know that there's a few alternatives floating around for Android, so I don't think we really need more.

Thanks! It is just the initial release. We are working on finalizing new features, better style, less errors, you name it. Also the free scans policy might or will change. We just had to start somewhere.

I'd pay them to promote my amazing indie anime girl dating sim for PSVita and Steam.

Sounds like a plan :D

... more in a bit.

Reactions: T-hug and Chary

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On "should use ads rather than paid"... that is a failure in logic on the level we do occasionally see around here but pretty impressive never the less. Or if you prefer go see all those game footage and whatnot agreements that say no ads on the video, page or even website hosting it.
Microsoft rules said:
Except as described here, you can't sell or otherwise earn any compensation from your Item, including through advertisements in the Item. This means you can't charge money in exchange for your Item, post it on a site that requires subscription or other fees to view the Item, or post it on a page you use to sell other items or services(even if they have nothing to do with Game Content or Microsoft). You also can't use Game Content in an app that you sell in an app store.
You may make your Item available on Youtube or Twitch and participate in programs on those sites that allow you to earn revenue from ads displayed in connection with your Item.
If the Item you create and distribute is a free app, then you must distribute it for free (you can't charge for it), and you also can’t earn any money from advertising in that app.
http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/developers/rules

Unless you mean I can block ads but bypassing payment is harder so ads please, in which case *fist bump* but the point about it being silly to say use ads instead still remains for those peeps which made it.

It is certainly on the shady side of computing but *points at what this website has done for the last 15 years*. What goes here I don't know, nor care actually unless it turns into a nice legal or something case for me to read, but there are any number of aggregation, data collation, data interpretation, data mining... services that work off the back of free and paid and whatnot services.

"but cheating"
hahahaha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got some faith implants are going to justbe included with a crown cost
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Procedures bullshit wait 4 months for graft to heal wait another four months the post to heal then get crown
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Only 1 tempycoin.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got kfc for dinner fucking dinner box is a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just go gummy, ancientboi would like you better that way anyways, and you save money on toothbrushes/toothpaste
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy I agree, but also it's about self control and realistic thinking. We wouldn't feed a dog soda, so why feed it to ourselves? Eating unhealthy food because it's cheap is one thing, but I'm sure you know people who drink soda routinely when they should be drinking water which is free.
    I get it can feel mean to say "no treat sweet beverage for you anymore" but for many people it's just in their way of life.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I drink soda twice out of the week
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus decay can start as young as 15 tons of factors
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Even sugar free isn't good, as the acid is bad enough.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    oh earlier than 15 Ken, babies, children can get decay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So dentists give. Us these caps that'll last a few years to fight thrm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but babies get a new set
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw godfor not giving us a new adult set after we mess up
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    "You listening up there big guy?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just smoke meth, all your dental problems will go away.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even steven
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.