Nintendo launches augmented reality game for mobile "Pikmin Finder"

Untitled.png

In preparation for a Nintendo Live event in Seattle, Nintendo; in collaboration with Niantic, revealed a new mobile-focused free game for Android and iOS based on the Pikmin franchise that can be accessed from a web browser through a website hosted by Nintendo, titled "Pikmin Finder".

This new game is similar in some ways to "Pokemon Go" when using the camera, in which it sees an augmented reality image of the camera to find Pikmin creatures in your surroundings depending on several aspects, like the time of day to find different creatures of all types from the main four titles of the franchise (Blue, Red, Yellow, Rock, etc.) and upon finding them, they can be pulled from the ground, and then follow the citters as they find treasures in your nearby area.

The game can be accessed through the website https://pikmin-finder.nintendo.net, and it has to be accessed from a mobile device based on either Android or iOS. Once inside the webpage, it will take a while to load, and afterwards it will ask access to the phone's camera. Allowing access will start the game, and the user can turn their device around to see Pikmin sprouts on the ground, and touching them will pluck them out. Gathering a few of them will make them search around for a variety of treasures, going from past Nintendo consoles, or random items or objects.

Be sure to visit the site and give the game a try!

:arrow: Pikmin Finder website

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
here we fucking go the PGO fiasco begins again. watch all the idiots walking around pointing their phones trespassing on peoples property, coming up to you and rudely telling you to move as you sit on a bench or running after each other trying to catch that elusive rare pikmin and than ending in a brawl resulting in smashed phones :creep:

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
here we fucking go the PGO fiasco begins again. watch all the idiots walking around pointing their phones trespassing on peoples property, coming up to you and rudely telling you to move as you sit on a bench or running after each other trying to catch that elusive rare pikmin and than ending in a brawl resulting in smashed phones :creep:
I don't think it'll be anywhere near those levels, most people don't know what Pikmin is, Pokemon is still a phenomenon and I've still no idea why but yeah... Same shit different skin!

Can't see this lasting long as kids are not patient if a website has to load for long before they have a few don't find anything sessions and never return.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
And Pokemon Go.

I thought Nintendo was greedy with mobile games, but these guys are worse.

Oh gosh, I cant imagine how bad this is going to be. Niantic ain't good at making games at all. Iirc theyve even worked on making anothe pokémon go like game before this.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dont worry I hate them too. Are they the ones that destroyed Scarlett and Viloet too?

Not into mobile games personally after all
I hope it's a joke I don't get.
Post automatically merged:

Wasn’t this already a thing that launched a year or two ago? Did it really that poorly that Nintendo felt the need to rebrand it and try to pass it off as something new to give it a second chance? Or did it do so well they made a second one?
Yeah I thought the same thing. I guess they wan't to try again now that Pikmin 4 is out ? I mean there's only PGO that worked out. The other Pikmin plumbed, even Minecraft Earth. I don't know what they are expecting with this one.

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn’t this already a thing that launched a year or two ago? Did it really that poorly that Nintendo felt the need to rebrand it and try to pass it off as something new to give it a second chance? Or did it do so well they made a second one?
Wow, you are the only one so far that was aware that Pikmin Bloom was already released for mobile phones as a collaboration between Nintendo and Niantic.

It wasn't a terrible game in concept, but the in-game currency didn't let you buy anything useful, instead requiring real money for inventory expansions. That kind of a penalty for doing well didn't sit well with me. It also drained battery 4x worse than Pokémon Go and frequently failed to record steps properly, so you often didn't get credit for stuff you specifically did to try to advance. Sometimes I think about going back and seeing if they fixed the bugs that made it unplayable yet, but it's nice to be free of a game that's clearly predatory.

Reactions: Kwyjor

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro acting like more than 40 people are gonna play this game :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto