Hacking Pokemon X&Y flashcard community saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work MGS1980. Finally got the save working!
Got the second most recent one (page 12), put a few hours in. Is it worth starting again with the most recent save you submitted?

Also, is it possible to inject with a Mac yet. The process I have to use going from Mac to PC to Mac to Micro SD is extremely tedious!

To answer your other question that since Kaphotics answered your other one (I also have a Mac and use his program on it), it really depends on your end goal in the game. If you just want to play the game and beat the elite four without caring for a complete pokedex, I wouldn't bother switching.

If you are wanting to complete the National Dex, the next question is do you have somebody with access to Bank pokemon and a local trade partner? There were new Bank pokemon added to this save as well as the last trade evolution, so you should have everything that you need to complete the National Dex without having to trade with anybody.

If you cannot trade with anybody locally, you may want to start the new file. That will be the final save that I make for X (unless somebody points out something that I missed which is always possible when you are talking about this many Pokemon.)

Great job! Is there any way to get this working with Animal Crossing? :)

I haven't played Animal Crossing, but this is the same type of ROM like Pokemon. I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as everybody is using the same version.

Reactions: supermalloch

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played Animal Crossing, but this is the same type of ROM like Pokemon. I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as everybody is using the same version.

Thanks, I tried it with the save file that was posted on page 10, but I got a "the save data is corrupted" message :S

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I tried it with the save file that was posted on page 10, but I got a "the save data is corrupted" message :S
Use the other program, or manually set the SAV Offset to 3AF80000, SAV Length 800000

Btw, I don't think you can use the animal crossing save from page 10, because it was extracted from a retail cartridge, it won't work with rom even you inject it correctly.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the other program, or manually set the SAV Offset to 3AF80000, SAV Length 800000

Btw, I don't think you can use the animal crossing save from page 10, because it was extracted from a retail cartridge, it won't work with rom even you inject it correctly.

That explains why it isn't working, thanks! :P

If anyone has Gracie on their Animal Crossing rom would you be willing to extract your save file for me? :)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
That save file is powersaves and will not work. Here is a test file of mine. It has nothing interesting, but it's only to see if things are working.
http://filetrip.net/dl?5jAtbeYHVQ (usa version)

Use etnwind's program on the first post. Back up your save first though.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That save file is powersaves and will not work. Here is a test file of mine. It has nothing interesting, but it's only to see if things are working.
http://filetrip.net/dl?5jAtbeYHVQ (usa version)

Use etnwind's program on the first post. Back up your save first though.

Thanks, your test file worked fine! Just need to wait for more to be extracted now :P

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Thanks, your test file worked fine! Just need to wait for more to be extracted now :P
Good! I hope your rom is EUR, that way we know mult-region saving works too -- although I'm pretty sure it does anyway.

btw-You might want to use the general 3ds save thread for your request as this one is pretty overrun with pokemon fans. :P
Maybe even opening a new ACNL save-sharing thread might be a good idea.

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good! I hope your rom is EUR, that way we know mult-region saving works too -- although I'm pretty sure it does anyway.

btw-You might want to use the general 3ds save thread for your request as this one is pretty overrun with pokemon fans. :P
Maybe even opening a new ACNL save-sharing thread might be a good idea.

I only tested it with the US one, but I have both so I'll try it with the EUR one now :)

I'll have a look at the other thread, thanks!

Reactions: Snailface

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
OK guy, here is the latest X update. This update should give everybody the opportunity to complete the National Dex without having to trade with anybody. Many of these were made by myself using Pokegen when I was completing my National Dex and are competitive (many are shiny versions as well.) If I couldn't find the .pkm file that I used for my Dex, I either used a public file or traded on the GTS as I wanted to save some time.

This update adds a little over a box of new pokemon (including completing the legendaries.) If anybody sees anything that I left out, either shoot me a message or post it here. However, if it can be found in Kalos or obtained by breeding or evolving the extra pokemon that I have included, I may not put it in. My main goal was to ensure that people could get a National Dex completion even if they couldn't trade with anybody. If somebody else want to update the file with a complete living dex, then feel free to use my file as a base, but I just don't have the time to do that.

You can find the file below as well as the list of new Pokemon. I will be updating the front page shortly. Of note, I have added a squirtle and tyrunt that I obtained off of the GTS so you can now choose whatever fossil or gen 1 starter that you want. I still have not included Zapdos as you can capture that in game since the chosen starter was fennekin. I also have not included the megastones that you can get in Pokemon X.

Baltoy
Blissey
Bouffalant
Braviary
Buneary
Cherrim
Daumaka
Dusknoir
Dustox
Frillish
Glameow
Granbull
Herdier
Joltik
Kricketot
Leavanny
Mandibuzz
Misdreavus
Numel
Pidove
Regice
Sealeo
Seismitoad
Shiftry
Squirtle
Stantler
Treecko
Tyrunt
Unown
Victini
Whimsicott
Yamask

The Y version remains unaltered. Let me know if there are any problems with the file.

Enjoy the file.
Buddy, can you post Pokemon Y save game with complete National Dex and with megastones from Pokemon X & with missing pokemons?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy, can you post Pokemon Y save game with complete National Dex and with megastones from Pokemon X & with missing pokemons?

Well, right now it's pretty much just me rolling out the saves. It took about 8-9 hours to do just what I did with X. I may work on Y a little later, but it will not be as fast as it was with X. I simply just don't have that kind of time to devote to the project on a daily basis.

As for placing a complete National Dex from the start, that is never going to happen (at least with the saves that I am working on.) It would be too time consuming, and (lets face it) take out what little bit of challenge is in the game. I gave you all of the tools to make a complete National Dex (unless I accidentally overlooked something) on the X save. It's not much to ask that the users of the save put in a little work too.

It's not that I don't have access to all of the Pokemon. As a matter of fact, once Bank came out, I practically made a living Dex of all of the Bank pokemon in order to complete my National Dex. It's just a simple matter of reflashing the right save back to my Gen 5 cart. The thing that eats up the most time is catching the fodder pokemon and the process of trading pokemon over. Despite what some may think, it's not as simple as using Pokgen (which is not possible right now due to no public tool being available.)

i wonder if we can inject a cathch other trainers pokemon :P

There is no way to inject .pk6 files into a save. The only way to get another player's pokemon into your game is to trade with them. That's why this process of save consolidation is a lot of work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Updated FAQ's XD

This pokemon is missing can you add it? / I want this.... add it now!!!
You can make a request in the Thread, but please be polite if you start demanding....i don't think anyone would want to help you.....also keep it reasonable, the process is not fast or easy, don't just reel off a list of really specific and/or random things that you can obtain yourself in game, also please don't request people to make a save set up exactly how you want it.....i.e i have brown hair make a save for brown hair with the name john....this is impracticable, the purpose of this save is to be generic so anyone can use it

Reactions: MGS1980

randomxiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion (a would-be-nice-to-have), can we get a female save file named Serena? Can be in Pokemon Y instead of X, so we have a X-male and Y-female community save file going.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a suggestion (a would-be-nice-to-have), can we get a female save file named Serena? Can be in Pokemon Y instead of X, so we have a X-male and Y-female community save file going.

Lol did you read the post before this?
Updated FAQ's XD

This pokemon is missing can you add it? / I want this.... add it now!!!
You can make a request in the Thread, but please be polite if you start demanding....i don't think anyone would want to help you.....also keep it reasonable, the process is not fast or easy, don't just reel off a list of really specific and/or random things that you can obtain yourself in game, also please don't request people to make a save set up exactly how you want it.....i.e i have brown hair make a save for brown hair with the name john....this is impracticable, the purpose of this save is to be generic so anyone can use it

Either epic troll or just stupid... Anyways the Y save should be called Misty

randomxiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol did you read the post before this?

Either epic troll or just stupid... Anyways the Y save should be called Misty

This is a main character of the current Pokemon series, not hair or skin color minor customization. Sounds like you don't even understand what was written above, so calling people stupid is ironic at least.
And anyway it's a suggestion.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried connecting with a friend of mine. i have GW 2.1 with pokemon X and my friend has retail pokemon X. We couldnt connect. i didnt appear in this passersby screen.

May be because my 3ds doesnt have the pokemon X update. Can anyone confirm that issue?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i tried connecting with a friend of mine. i have GW 2.1 with pokemon X and my friend has retail pokemon X. We couldnt connect. i didnt appear in this passersby screen.

May be because my 3ds doesnt have the pokemon X update. Can anyone confirm that issue?
set up emunand to 7.1 and download the 1.2 update :D

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, and one more question. According to all of this, the save is stored in the rom inside the microSD.

that means that in order to keep my save i must keep that specific room with me all the time??? if i delete the rom or the rom is corrupted in some way i loss my progress?
isnt it like all other game in GW that make a file in the 3DS´s SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1