Pokemon Sun/Moon New Nintendo 3DS XL model announced

SunMoon_1.jpg

SunMoon_2.jpg SunMoon_3.jpg
Nintendo has revealed a Pokemon Sun and Moon limited edition New 3DS XL model. The system will be available on Oct. 28 in North America, retailing for 199.99 USD. Pokemon Sun/Moon games will be sold separately.

“This year marks the 20th anniversary of the beloved Pokémon series and people have never been talking about Pokémon more,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Playing Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon on this new Pokémon system is the best way for fans to show their love for this iconic series.”

When the games launch on Nov. 18, fans can also purchase the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Dual Pack, which includes both games, as well as two codes that will unlock 100 Poké Balls each. The Dual Pack will be available at select retailers at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon introduce players to the latest edition of the Pokémon core series. Taking place in the tropical Alola Region composed of numerous islands, the games include many new features to the series, including a new battle system called Battle Royal, powerful new Z-Moves and the ability to ride several different Pokémon with Poké Ride.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Main goal is to catch all pokemon in pokedex which has never changed since day one. (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT OVER 600 types)...
So for someone who may have no friends, is not really the accessible game, yes it has single player things but after is done there isn't much else to do alone. I just wonder if this may be changed for some people. :unsure:

I'll catch UHHthouzun pokemon if I have to. Thanks for the well wishes. Maybe then I'll have friends.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
That was my point.

I said for someone who doesn't have friends or does not prioritize multiplayer functions that would not be possible. Plus describing the process is also my point. Instead of having all the pokemon in one game, and able to be gotten without the mentioned things like... Wonder trading, Lots of grinding levels for newer Pokemon. Then using PokeBank to move over Pokemon from older gens, like going from Ruby>Platinum>Black>X>Omega Ruby.

• The heck is wonder trade? Does it require online acces or some event? Not a single player function, dismissed.
  • Level up to evolve pokemon, is not so bad but still, there should be pokemon to just catch. Let it slide.
  • Pokebank? SO you must pay for this huh? Online cloud storage for pokemon, cause the game has limits? Well why does it have to be paid to use? Also from Ruby> platinum> Black> X> Omega? So you must buy every pokemon game and have been doing this process for some years, needing a DS lite to transfer GBA game data to NDS game, then 3Ds to transfer NDS game data to 3DS game, and use pokemon bank? Plus it requires online paid services.
Tell me where on earth is this considered not tedious or easy? This simply implies you would have to been playing pokemon games for over 10 years and been consistent by buying every one of them. Do not be offended by what i am saying cause is just opinions. I was saying the focus of pokemon is more on multiplayer even though is a single player game which i had hoped change. I would like to play a new pokemon game but worried i may have the same issue is the reason why i stopped. :unsure:
Huh, actually, both ORAS and XY are Gen 6. You don't need to do X->OR, you can go straight to OR.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if i get this, it would be the first time in over 10 years i bothered to play a pokemon game. Now i wonder if i will like it? After playing blue on that BRICK gameboy, then my dad getting me a green GBC with pokemon gold, and a link cable, since my dad got my brother a Purple GBC with silver and we could play together, then borrowing pokemon sapphire from someone at school, and playing leaf green, i dunno, i slipped up with pokemon. I had more enjoying time watching the crappy 4kids anime dub.

It just reminds me of dragon quest monsters where you do much of the same thing but differently. I would be surprised if that company spike chunsoft was actually involved in some pokemon games (NOT ANY SPIN OFF TITLES) But seriously one of the most popular JRPG that even kids can play, as most JRPG are for like teen and adults. I think the issue of playing pokemon is

1. Main goal is to catch all pokemon in pokedex which has never changed since day one. (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT OVER 600 types)
  2. Completing pokemon league, there is not many goals to complete that would keep someone interested after that.
  3. Possible events are always very limited, mystery events, IRL events. Not like real life tournements exist or any pokemon league or something. (Just ideas)
  4. No extra content. While i'm not a fan of Paying for dlc, Pokemon games can really benefit for it with extra story or events that offer great rewards. Or even just free updates for stuff.
  5. Most of the focus for this game is multiplayer. You can't get all pokemon alone, and i think that is why all games are always presented in pairs like this, another reason is difficulty but not much to explain here at the moment.
So for someone who may have no friends, is not really the accessible game, yes it has single player things but after is done there isn't much else to do alone. I just wonder if this may be changed for some people. :unsure:

1. With the addition of WonderTrading its much easier to complete the pokedex. In general its much easier to obtain event only pokemon as of GEN 6. While some events are exclusive to certain stores like GameStop, etc, a great deal are available simply by connecting online and receiving event pokemon. For example since this year is the 20th Anniversary, every month for the whole month I believe, event Pokemon have been available to acquire by this method. IIRC Victini is available for this month.

2. As of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there has been additional story content after beating the Pokemon League. Sun and Moon will also have additional content after beating the main story. Whether this will be in future titles, I don't know. This also covers part of #4 but there isn't much of an answer to it right now. Perhaps its something they will consider doing in the future.

3. I don't follow events much but as of GEN 6, competitions happen on a regular basis. If you connect your game to your PokemonTrainerClub account, you will see they post news constantly on the main page. You can participate in those competitions, so long you fit the criteria and sign up before the registration date ends IIRC.

5. That's really why the games work so well. It encourages you to make friends to acquire pokemon you likely do not have access to. You may have a harder time playing the game alone but its still possible, especially on GEN 6 with wonder trade as mentioned before. That's just for the national dex. you have always been able to complete the game specific pokedex. If that meant you had to buy both games to do it then so be it lol.

While its true that its harder or not as fun to play alone, which is your own fault if you don't have friends to play with. It's still a decent game series for the most part. With that said Sun and Moon are clearly different enough that you may like them better. There are no Gyms or League in Sun and Moon. It seems to be more story driven than the standard collect badges and shit we have put up with for 20 years lol. Even the Sun and Moon Anime is ditching this concept. Ash will be going to school instead of collecting gym badges.

Also regarding another post you made specifically about pokemon bank, it is a paid service because it is online. You seriously can't expect a service like that which lots of players use to be free do you? The servers for it have to be maintained so that they are not overloaded by traffic, etc. Plus its only 5 dollars a year. nothing to really be griping about as far as I am concerned. as far as storage goes in game. you can store all 720 pokemon with all possible forms in one gen 6 game and there is still room for more. You don't have to use it but if you do breeding or anything like that it might be beneficial to have that service. If you are that stingy about paying 5 dollars a year then someone here on this forum made a homebrew app that does the same thing for free. it just stores the data locally instead of on a server.

Last edited by Du'Islingr,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the ugliest 3DS I ever seen, it looks like Nintendo is following Sony's footsteps on the ugliest and laziest special editions ever!! :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy