Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the engine doesnt look new tbh, just looks exactly like the 3ds engine animations and everything, they just added afew new mechanics like catching and such.
To be fair he said "new content," and the engine isn't typically considered part of a game's content. We don't know the extent of what they've added/changed about Yellow except the few featured mechanics in the trailer, as you mentioned.

Reactions: Tigran

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be fair he said "new content," and the engine isn't typically considered part of a game's content. We don't know the extent of what they've added/changed about Yellow except the few featured mechanics in the trailer, as you mentioned.
i mean even the running animation seems stright up from sun/moon

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably ported and enhanced stuff from Sun/Moon for the sake of production cost. Keep in mind that this is basically a buffer for those waiting for Pokemon 2019, and is also aimed toward getting Pokemon Go players into the core games. That said, I would hope that in lieu of this, they are keeping the retail price a bit lower for this game. And especially hoping that more production quality is being put into Pokemon 2019.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Again, animations and graphics =/= content. And it is the same engine, just in HD finally instead of early 90s computer monitor resolution (240p). Graphical similarities are a given, but this is still a huge resolution and FPS bump. AFAIK 3DS couldn't even handle a consistent 30 FPS on most games, where Let's Go is pretty much guaranteed to be locked at 60 FPS.

Reactions: Tigran

graeme122

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you kidding me?

Even though the gameplay didn't age well at all, I miss the simplicity of Gen 1. Didn't have to worry about natures, shinies, eevee and ivy training, time of day / day of week / time locked events, seasons affecting captures and evolutions, having to find in-game places with natural weather to trip an evolution, having to turn the console upside down to make an evolution happen? Having to deal with wild encounters with infinite PP, trainers with infinite items... the ungodly pursuit to try and get Shinies because that's the only way to get trades to complete anymore?

Yes, I will agree, I could do without the incessant tie-ins to Pokemon Go. But the fact that I can take my favorite with me in the pokeball controller off-game and still be able to attend to them? To be able to hear its coos and cries interacting with it via the pokeball?

It reminded me of my better times with Gen 1, where I had a Jolteon that not only carried me through the Elite 4 of Kanto, but through about 80% of Pokemon Stadium on N64, and handed the Mewtwo boss its butt on a plate. And how happy I was to find out it was a female. Of course I'd want to relive that part of it again.

Being able to have your entourage follow you in-game? I've been wanting that since Pokemon Yellow, for crying out loud. And none of the aggravation of Gen 2 or Gen 4. Presumably with the typing rules of Gen 7, seeing as Pokemon Go does recognize fairy type is a thing.

If you want to talk about a game that did nothing for the older fans, look no further than Detective Pikachu. That game just beats you over the head numb with its assertion of being "for the kids".
Fair enough and thanks for your opinion it looks like the game is perfect for you I'll skip it though and I'm pretty confident sales will be garbage.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough and thanks for your opinion it looks like the game is perfect for you I'll skip it though and I'm pretty confident sales will be garbage.

Depends on delivery. Plus, we still don't have too many details on the features. There certainly are mixed opinions on the game though, so I don't doubt that many long-time fans of the series won't buy it. What I find odd is that they're not considering this a spin-off title, when it almost might as well be. It's pretty much a spin-off and remake all in one.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Again, animations and graphics =/= content. And it is the same engine, just in HD finally instead of early 90s computer monitor resolution (240p). Graphical similarities are a given, but this is still a huge resolution and FPS bump. AFAIK 3DS couldn't even handle a consistent 30 FPS on most games, where Let's Go is pretty much guaranteed to be locked at 60 FPS.
i doubt its 60 fps it will probably be 30 knowing gamefreak.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol, that pokeball reminds me the one they made for HGSS
Anyone else remember?
Was it a succesful toy?
Honnestly, i dont remember :P

still got my pokewalker in the box, used it a couple of times with my copy of Soulsilver. Honestly, i don't mind them testing the waters with a Pokemon game that has a mixture of Go mechanics..as long as it is optional. Hope to have more details soon.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The animations in RE5 were the same as in RE4.

And I know most of you will actually -hate- this. But for the first time my close to 70 year old Mom is interesting in playing a Pokemon RPG.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hummm seems alot of people are worried core mechanics are gone.... i guess that makes sense, the trailer didnt touch on em. but that being said, i'll be optimistic and assume they are.

i was just explaining to my kid about pokemon red blue green....... and the unique one yellow, and how they haven't repeated yellow's pikachu thing, or heartgold/soulsilver's follow thing..... lo and behold a combination of the two, you have your fav on your head and your 1st behind you which you may or maynot be able to ride on. such excite!

i can help my kid through his first adventure in kanto and catch all those staples i found back then. until a trailer comes out confirming the abscence of wild battles, im gonna start putting money aside for the switch and the pokeymanz

Reactions: DarthDub

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hummm seems alot of people are worried core mechanics are gone.... i guess that makes sense, the trailer didnt touch on em. but that being said, i'll be optimistic and assume they are.

i was just explaining to my kid about pokemon red blue green....... and the unique one yellow, and how they haven't repeated yellow's pikachu thing, or heartgold/soulsilver's follow thing..... lo and behold a combination of the two, you have your fav on your head and your 1st behind you which you may or maynot be able to ride on. such excite!

i can help my kid through his first adventure in kanto and catch all those staples i found back then. until a trailer comes out confirming the abscence of wild battles, im gonna start putting money aside for the switch and the pokeymanz
Masuda/Ohmori confirmed it in a Q&A

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if they just added in wild battles, this would have won a lot more of us over.

It does look like a pokemon-go cashgrab but at the same time if they put time and effort into the switch version, I can see it being an incredible time-sink for poke-addicts all over the world.

I personally can't bring myself to buy it as I'm hardly convinced by the main stream pokemon games's difficulty curve at present but if I was 10 years younger, this would be a solid purchase and if I was 15-20 years purchase, it would probably be my dream game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think if they just added in wild battles, this would have won a lot more of us over.

It does look like a pokemon-go cashgrab but at the same time if they put time and effort into the switch version, I can see it being an incredible time-sink for poke-addicts all over the world.

I personally can't bring myself to buy it as I'm hardly convinced by the main stream pokemon games's difficulty curve at present but if I was 10 years younger, this would be a solid purchase and if I was 15-20 years purchase, it would probably be my dream game.
yeah a simple wild battle mechanics and such would make everyone alot more into it rather than only go method to catch or flee without any battle.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was a different engine, maybe. Since it's the 3DS engine, they'll have enough power for 60 FPS and then some, even if they don't optimize at all.
There's no confirmation that it's using the 3ds engine. And don't reply to this saying "well of course they're using the 3ds engine bc they probably didn't have time to create a new engine" No. We still don't have any confirmation on which engine they're using so don't state that they're using the 3ds engine as a fact.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no confirmation that it's using the 3ds engine. And don't reply to this saying "well of course they're using the 3ds engine bc they probably didn't have time to create a new engine" No. We still don't have any confirmation on which engine they're using so don't state that they're using the 3ds engine as a fact.
Well, they definitely haven't had time to create a new engine, and the only other engine this would possibly use is Pokemon GO's. That's ruled out because that game doesn't look this good, and it doesn't have any assets for the overworld or Pokemon battling. Everybody's been pointing out the similarities to the 3DS games' graphics throughout the entire thread, I think it's safe to assume in this case.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they definitely haven't had time to create a new engine, and the only other engine this would possibly use is Pokemon GO's. That's ruled out because that game doesn't look this good, and it doesn't have any assets for the overworld or Pokemon battling. Everybody's been pointing out the similarities to the 3DS games' graphics throughout the entire thread, I think it's safe to assume in this case.
No I don't think it's fine it's fine to assume things and treat them as facts in an discussion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle