Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do think the dancing and stones were a bit too much. The extra move should have just been an extra slot that you learn either externally or simply by leveling up. They should have probably expanded the 4 attacks to 6 attacks already, anyway. Not something that not only takes up a holding slot, but also makes you sit through a unskippable dancing animation every time. It really slows down the battles. They should have just stuck with the temporary transformations. While I'm bit more OK with this taking up a slot, this didn't really need to take up a holding slot either.

Everything else I'm fine with tho. Aside all that, they have been adding more new things. Some of that, even carried over to this new game. No more HMs! Having more evolutions and Pokemon, doesn't make the games less fun. Just gives you more options and things to catch.
There are 802 Pokemon out there, not including the many variations like Alola forms, Mega Evolutions etc., that's artificially inflating an otherwise relatively simple game. Some of them you can't even catch anyways, you have to go through real life hoops or hack the game to fully complete a Pokedex. Pokemon used to be about "gotta catch'em all", now it's an immensely boring fetch quest. I am old enough to remember when Ubisoft put 100 feathers in Assassin's Creed 2 and people went nuts about it, collecting them was a gigantic effort for a simple trophy, and they've greatly reduced the amount of collectibles ever since. 802 is gigantic overkill, 151 was a nice sweet spot for Pokemon, I could squint and pretend that Gen 2 was still okay, but by now it's become blatantly clear that the studio is running out of ideas and they're cramming in garbage Pokemon to sell merch.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There are 802 Pokemon out there, not including the many variations like Alola forms, Mega Evolutions etc., that's artificially inflating an otherwise relatively simple game. Some of them you can't even catch anyways, you have to go through real life hoops or hack the game to fully complete a Pokedex. Pokemon used to be about "gotta catch'em all", now it's an immensely boring fetch quest. I am old enough to remember when Ubisoft put 100 feathers in Assassin's Creed 2 and people went nuts about it, collecting them was a gigantic effort for a simple trophy, and they've greatly reduced the amount of collectibles ever since. 802 is gigantic overkill, 151 was a nice sweet spot for Pokemon, I could squint and pretend that Gen 2 was still okay, but by now it's become blatantly clear that the studio is running out of ideas and they're cramming in garbage Pokemon to sell merch.
even on the first and second gem you cant catch mew or celebi without going to real life events either way so yeah, this mechanic was ther since the first ever game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
even on the first and second gem you cant catch mew or celebi without going to real life events either way so yeah, this mechanic was ther since the first ever game.
Mew was a single Pokemon and it didn't even appear in the Pokedex unless you got it - it was an add-on. This is no longer the case - you have popular and well-known Pokemon that are just absent from the game.

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mew was a single Pokemon and it didn't even appear in the Pokedex unless you got it - it was an add-on. This is no longer the case - you have popular and well-known Pokemon that are just absent from the game.
all event only pokemon dont appear in the pokedex until you get it either since they are always the last ones.

mew 151
celebi 251
jirachi 385
deoxys 386

noone of them will ever appear until you get them on an event the pokedex will just end at 150,250 and 384 and so on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
all event only pokemon dont appear in the pokedex until you get it either since they are always the last ones.

mew 151
celebi 251
jirachi 385
deoxys 386

noone of them will ever appear until you get them on an event the pokedex will just end at 150,250 and 384 and so on.
And those gaps make sense to you. Okay.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's 802 of them. 802. How many more?
so im guessing from now on no more new pokemons? we can only get remakes or just start cutting pokemons from the list as new games come out?

that would just kill the entire pokemon franchise since the entire hype and excitement of every game is seeing new pokemons, if they stopped making new pokemons the pokemon franchise will die really quickly.

Last edited by pedro702,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so im guessing from now on no more new pokemons? wec an only get remakes or just start cutting pokemons from the list as new games come out?

that would just kill the entire pokemon franchise since the entire hype and excitement of every game is seeing new pokemons, if they stopped making new pokemons the pokemon franchise will die really quickly.
No. The excitement for every new Pokemon game is the anticipation of a new adventure in a familiar and fun universe. You do not need to pad it any further.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No. The excitement for every new Pokemon game is the anticipation of a new adventure in a familiar and fun universe. You do not need to pad it any further.
that is your opinion lol everyone talks about what new pokemons will appear and what types and such, its always a must have of every new gen be able to play with new pokemons, most people dont care about the story since it hasnt changed since gen 3 lol

evil team takes over legendarys to controll or change the world and you get 8 badges and go to stop them, if people would play pokemon for the story only they would be greatly disapointed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
that is your opinion lol everyone talks about what new pokemons will appear and what types and such, its always a must have of every new gen be able to play with new pokemons, most people dont care about the story since it hasnt changed since gen 3 lol

evil team takes over legendarys to controll or change the world and you get 8 badges and go to stop them, if people would play pokemon for the story only they would be greatly disapointed.
You're right, the quality of Pokemon games has greatly declined and the story became formulaic. How does that support your point? They need to add ridiculous amounts of new Pokemon because the game is otherwise unremarkable? That's a problem with the game, not the Pokemon roster. I'm sorry that I'm not autistic enough to have to collect every single kind of rock or I'll scream, I do have a bar and Pokemon doesn't meet it most times.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from someone that still has Mewtwo as one of the favs, I disagree, especially as low as 151. I mean, you can just focused on catching 151 out of the 802 and growing, since it seems you don't care to catch them all, anyway. As pointed out, some people like the growing list of Pokemon.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're right, the quality of Pokemon games has greatly declined and the story became formulaic. How does that support your point? They need to add ridiculous amounts of new Pokemon because the game is otherwise unremarkable? That's a problem with the game, not the Pokemon roster. I'm sorry that I'm not autistic enough to have to collect every single kind of rock or I'll scream, I do have a bar and Pokemon doesn't meet it most times.
it has alot of pokemons becuase its a series that has been around for more than 22 years, now try and make a series with 22 years and 8 diferent generations remain alive having the same 151 pokemon for every game ...

i never catch them all what is the point? you gain nothing ingame either, most peope just catch the pokemons they like i hardly catch over 30 pokemon per game ...

Last edited by pedro702,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
it has alot of pokemons becuase its a series that has been around for more than 22 years, now try and make a series with 22 years and 8 diferent generations remain alive having the same 151 pokemon for every game ...

i never catch them all what is the point? you gain nothing ingame either, most peope just catch the pokemons they like i hardly catch over 30 pokemon per game ...
Megami Tensei has been alive for significantly longer than Pokemon and it rarely gets new demons. The list is consistent and all monsters are familiar.
Coming from someone that still has Mewtwo as one of the favs, I disagree, especially as low as 151. I mean, you can just focused on catching 151 out of the 802 and growing, since it seems you don't care to catch them all, anyway. As pointed out, some people like the growing list of Pokemon.
Some people like putting anchovies on pizza, that doesn't make them not degenerate.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Megami Tensei has been alive for significantly longer than Pokemon and it rarely gets new demons. The list is consistent and all monsters are familiar.
Some people like putting anchovies on pizza, that doesn't make them not degenerate.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=Megami+Tensei+

yeah lets do that!!! the best a megami tensei ever sold was 0.84m units ... pokemon sellls 15-20 millions per game on average,so lets follow an ip that sells like crap and make pokemon die an awnful death...

Reactions: DarthDub

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.php?name=Megami+Tensei+

yeah lets do that!!! the best a megami tensei ever sold was 0.84m units ... pokemon sellls 15-20 millions per game on average,so lets follow an ip that sells like crap and make pokemon die an awnful death...
You can say that, but it's still a better game. I'm sure McDonald's sells more burgers than a high end restaurant, but that doesn't mean they're not cardboard burgers. As for Megami Tensei, the latest game in the universe, Persona 5, sold 2+ million copies which is perfectly respectable. Needless to say, it's a game better than recent Pokemon titles in every way. Pokemon would still sell well if it was made better, it has powerful branding. MT does not, it's a niche brand with 18+ themes that "doesn't sell well with the kids", so comparing sales is comparing apples to oranges. I drew the example because the series better embodies what Pokemon is supposed to be. For starters, Megami Tensei games actually have *a* story which is why they don't have to rely on cheap tricks and padding to go by.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can say that, but it's still a better game. I'm sure McDonald's sells more burgers than a high end restaurant, but that doesn't mean they're not cardboard burgers. As for Megami Tensei, the latest game in the universe, Persona 5, sold 2+ million copies which is perfectly respectable. Needless to say, it's a game better than recent Pokemon titles in every shape and form.
what is 2 million games compared to 15 ? The mcdonalds analogy does not work because mcdonalds sells more becuase its cheaper than an high end burger by alot wich makes it much cheaper for a family to eat at mcdonalds vs going into an high end restaurant, the games sell at the same price, so if people really loved the series it would have sold much more.

So yeah what gamefreak is doing is working if they kept only the first 151 they would probably end up like persona and sell 2 millions at best on their greatest game becuase people were tyred of using the same pokemons over and over, srs 22years of using ratata pidgeys and such would kill any IP even if their story was amazing it would not matter because you can only play so much with the same 6 fire types, 5 bug types and so on over 22 years.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

'If it aint broke then dont fix it'

D

Deleted User

I just preordered it. I love eevee

Actually i dont know any Pokemon that comes after celebi. Those r just faceless creatures to me. There are too many shit Pokemon... cant even remember the other new eevee forms xD
Glad they go back to 151...

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just preordered it. I love eevee

Actually i dont know any Pokemon that comes after celebi. Those r just faceless creatures to me. There are too many shit Pokemon... cant even remember the other new eevee forms xD
Glad they go back to 151...
You can't evolve Eevee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You'd stay on it longer if anything