Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If it was a different engine, maybe. Since it's the 3DS engine, they'll have enough power for 60 FPS and then some, even if they don't optimize at all.
remenber the 3ds engine was crap even on 3ds with 240p it failled to keep 30 fps so the switch if they upped everything to 1080p and afew more detailed models and such they will be capped again to get stable 60 fps if they dont optimized the engine really.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No I don't think it's fine it's fine to assume things and treat them as facts in an discussion.
Most things, no. We don't know what any of the overworld content or story will look like in this game, and I wouldn't want to assume what form they might take. That's completely different from comparing screenshots of Let's Go to screenshots of upscaled Citra and noting the only difference is native higher-res textures.

remenber the 3ds engine was crap even on 3ds with 240p it failled to keep 30 fps so the switch if they upped everything to 1080p and afew more detailed models and such they will be capped again to get stable 60 fps if they dont optimized the engine really.
It'll be fine. 3DS was super weak, especially considering Switch is a portable more powerful than Wii U.

Last edited by Xzi,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most things, no. We don't know what any of the overworld content or story will look like in this game, and I wouldn't want to assume what form they might take. That's completely different from comparing screenshots of GO to screenshots of upscaled Citra and noting the only difference is native higher-res textures.
Using the same models doesn't always mean they're using the same engine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Using the same models doesn't always mean they're using the same engine.
No, it's not about the models solely. Environment textures, basic game structure, animations, and more, it's all clearly identical. Perhaps more importantly: what real differences between Let's Go and US/UM do you see that I'm not seeing? Other than GO catching, anyway, because that's an easy edit to battle scenes.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not about the models solely. Environment textures, basic game structure, animations, and more, it's all clearly identical. Perhaps more importantly: what real differences between Let's Go and US/UM do you see that I'm not seeing? Other than GO catching, anyway, because that's an easy edit to battle scenes.
Looking similar doesn't always mean it's using the same engine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Looking similar doesn't always mean it's using the same engine.
Well, I said identical, but whatever floats your boat. It's the best assumption to make for the sake of discussion, even if it turns out incorrect later. And I'd lick a Switch cart if that happens. Look at Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas side by side. Just as obviously the same engine as Let's Go and US/UM are.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I said identical, but whatever floats your boat. It's the best assumption to make for the sake of discussion, even if it turns out incorrect later. And I'd lick a Switch cart if that happens. Look at Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas side by side. Just as obviously the same engine as Let's Go and US/UM are.
Looking identical doesn't always mean it's using the same engine.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's clear you haven't been interested in actual discussion of anything for the last page, so I don't think it matters much.
This isn't a topic open for discussion, you really shouldn't use assumptions as facts in a discussion.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never cited it as fact, only you did. I made it clear it was an assumption for the sake of discussion. So I was using an assumption as an assumption in a discussion. We good?

head_desk_by_catmaniac8x-d4pz9ps.gif
The whole thing that started this was when you said "If it was a different engine, maybe. Since it's the 3DS engine...," you were stating that these games were using the 3ds engines as a fact when their usage is just an assumption.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The whole thing that started this was when you said "If it was a different engine, maybe. Since it's the 3DS engine...," you were stating that these games were using the 3ds engines as a fact when they're usage is just an assumption.
Tip: whenever someone is writing informally, such as on the internet, it's from their point of view, their opinions, and their assumptions. I didn't state "Since it's a fact that it's on the 3DS engine..." so it should be assumed (lol) that I'm speaking for my opinion. The same opinion many in this thread share, but whatever, irrelevant I suppose. You're the one who started throwing around the word 'fact' initially.

Last edited by Xzi,

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang man you cray. Definitely gonna pre-order Let's Go Eevee soon though, now that it's up on Amazon.

Well I owe big n a lot. Been with them ever since OG Gameboy and NES, but never really got super duper into them until the switch. And I mean actually buying their games as I didn’t really get to before because my older sister was more into Sony stuff. Anyways yeah got my preorders at game stop since it’s really close to my job.

Reactions: Xzi

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I said identical, but whatever floats your boat.
Good possible that it's just a port of the engine, but to be fair there're slight improvments. Just e.g. compare the shadows the characters cast in the 3DS version and in the Let's Go [insert starter]. There seems to be a general improvment in the lighting system (not only the shadows), but that dosn't means it isn't a (improved) port just to be clear.

Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I value good, genuine new content. Here I see a return to the roots of the series, childhood cheerfulness, a brand-new engine and a good graphical revamp. I will happily take this over stupid stones and dances, 800 alternative evolutions and an ever-expanding list of Pokemon that's already too big and serves the sole purpose of selling cards and toys. Sometimes less is more.
I do think the dancing and stones were a bit too much. The extra move should have just been an extra slot that you learn either externally or simply by leveling up. They should have probably expanded the 4 attacks to 6 attacks already, anyway. Not something that not only takes up a holding slot, but also makes you sit through a unskippable dancing animation every time. It really slows down the battles. They should have just stuck with the temporary transformations. While I'm bit more OK with this taking up a slot, this didn't really need to take up a holding slot either.

Everything else I'm fine with tho. Aside all that, they have been adding more new things. Some of that, even carried over to this new game. No more HMs! Having more evolutions and Pokemon, doesn't make the games less fun. Just gives you more options and things to catch.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1