Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
here are my two cents after thinking about it for a while.
-the positive: the game is about going back to basics, although in a very literal way because of kanto only and only the first 151 pokemon available, that by itself is good because sm and ultra went a little too far with the changes and to be honest it was really weird in their previous remakes that in early regions you could find newer pokemon that supposedly don't live in that habitat, it was a big mess of a contradiction.
another good point I see is the new catch mechanic, they enhanced catching pokemon on gen 5 a little introducing the critical capture, but it was still a rng just with better chance of success. the new catch system looks like you have more control over how much of a possibility you have to catch a pokemon and is not all in the hands of the random number god.
and last but not less, the new pokegirl is cute and reminds me of hilda (which is my favorite pokegirl).

-the negative: while I said that the new catching mechanic is a good thing, why motion controlled? people don't have the right to play their games in a civilized way like before? are buttons an invention of the devil now?
I've read that the initial pokemon (pikachu or eevee) can't evolve, why is that? does your very first pokemon hate you? don't he want to get stronger to fight by your side?

the various customizations and little details like that don't have a strong impact to be worth mentioning but are a welcome addition.
another thing that I think they should change is the archaic 4 move limit, they should take notes from other games like digimon cyber sleuth and expand the move poll a pokemon can use at a time to 5 or 6 and/or have each pokemon have a fixed move on top of the traditional 4 learnable moves. said move would be his signature move, for example the signature move of jigglypuff would be an enhanced version of sing that has a higher success rate than that 55%.

D

Deleted User

Even if it is a remake of Yellow, they probably want all the 'new' players to Pokemon to hop on Nintendo Switch.
A lot of people played Pokemon Go only because everyone else was playing it.
Pokemon GO, even if it has drifted from the spotlight a bit, seems to still be quite popular. I've heard of local Pokemon GO communities, so this game may be a way to draw in existing GO players who aren't already invested in the mainline titles.

D

DeletedMember411838

pokemon got alot of diferent series going besides main series even tough they woudnt sell as much some bigger names are

pokemon mystery dungeon series it has 5 diferent games
pokemon rumble 4 games
pokemon ranger 3 games
poke park 2 games

so yeah there is no reason why not to continue to do main pokemon games and then continue the lets go series too, for instance this one is gen 1, next lets go would be lets go based on crystal and called lets go suicune and lets go raikou for isntance, then 3rd gen would be lets go emerald based and so on.

You are missing my point. I'm not talking about the games, I am talking about the features.

If Let's Go, sells well, very well. Then those features will be merged into the main series. If they see that Go catching style means tons of sales then that will become mainline.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Game looks good tbh. My only gripe is that those are some 3ds-esque graphics. Just look at the background during the bug catcher battle. It looks like something citra could pull off from pokemon sun and moon...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are missing my point. I'm not talking about the games, I am talking about the features.

If Let's Go, sells well, very well. Then those features will be merged into the main series. If they see that Go catching style means tons of sales then that will become mainline.
... so just because mario 2d games outsell every mario 3d games nintendo would never do any more mario 3d games? that makes no sence, and nintendo keeps doing mario 3d games wich take alot more time and recources to make and sell less, compared to easy stuff like new super mario bros series wich they make without much recources and sell double the amount...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Game looks good tbh. My only gripe is that those are some 3ds-esque graphics. Just look at the background during the bug catcher battle. It looks like something citra could pull off from pokemon sun and moon...
Well it is the same engine they were using for US/UM clearly, but the base textures are now 720p, possibly 1080p for docked. Citra can also upscale, but it's never going to look as good as native high-res textures.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it is the same engine they were using for US/UM clearly, but the base textures are now 720p, possibly 1080p for docked. Citra can also upscale, but it's never going to look as good as native high-res textures.
yeah they just made a quick por and probably use pokemon go models and animations already done for the 150 pokemons.

srs looking at this game it shouldnt be 60$ a 50$ price tag would be already generous imo.

now i wonder will anyone buy the eevee version? im preety sure 99% of the people will just get pikachu only on japan will eevee version even sell abit.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
srs looking at this game it shouldnt be 60$ a 50$ price tag would be already generous imo.
3DS games were $60, weren't they? Clearly the price tag is not based on quality of graphics.

now i wonder will anyone buy the eevee version? im preety sure 99% of the people will just get pikachu only on japan will eevee version even sell abit.
Really? I thought most people would go for the Eevee version since Pikachu was the only one available in Yellow originally. Plus, I can't be the only one with Pikachu fatigue after all these years of him being the mascot for the entire IP. Always preferred Raichu.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
3DS games were $60, weren't they? Clearly the price tag is not based on quality of graphics.

Really? I thought most people would go for the Eevee version since Pikachu was the only one available in Yellow originally. Plus, I can't be the only one with Pikachu fatigue after all these years of him being the mascot for the entire IP. Always preferred Raichu.
well eevee being pure normal type that cant evolve is kinda bad, eevee sucks bigtime lol its basicaly not better than a normal ratata lol so going through the entire game with a ratata that cant evolve will suck lol, the saving grace for eevee is the evolutions because eevee just doesnt do anything a normal pokemon with no decent moves or anything, hey atleast pikachu is decently fast and has a super effective attacks on flying and water types :P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well eevee being pure normal type that cant evolve is kinda bad, eevee sucks bigtime lol its basicaly not better than a normal ratata lol so going through the entire game with a ratata that cant evolve will suck lol, the saving grace for eevee is the evolutions because eevee just doesnt do anything a normal pokemon with no decent moves or anything, hey atleast pikachu is decently fast and has a super effective attacks on flying and water types :P
I don't think either will get much use as battling Pokemon, it's more just the symbolic choice of starter.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sooo at the risk of this thread sounding like a broken record here are my thoughts.

I'm a sucker for Gen 1 nostalgia (so sue me :P) so I already love that aspect, I don't mind there only being the 151. Wild Pokemon appearing on the field like Chrono Trigger or Paper Mario is a huge plus imo. The world doesn't feel as disconnected from the Pokemon and now it finally feels like you're walking around in the Pokemon universe. I was wondering how they would integrate local multiplayer in a Pokemon game on one console and didn't expect a drop-in system. I'll probably end up playing 2 characters myself 1 joy-con in each hand anyway lol.

But yeah, wild Pokemon being Go-style encounters. I don't like the idea of making the whole world work like Safari Zone, not one bit. Will Safari Zone even be in this game or maybe it'll be the park where you transfer Pokemon from Go like a Pal Park?

On the other hand, playing Pokemon games on my TV or PC via emulator has always been weird. Constant random encounters in caves and the purely turn-based battles feel more like a waste of time when playing on TV rather than on a handheld I can passively play if that makes any sense. I imagine that may have had something to do with Colosseum and XD working the way they did. If leveling up isn't hindered, be it through catching giving experience to the first Pokemon on your list or even your entire party I could see it as a rather drastic quality of life change. Trainer battles are still traditional and can still knock out all your Pokemon while wild encounters no longer have that risk and leveling up weak Pokemon may be made easier as a result. I wonder if legendaries will be different considering Mewtwo was featured in the trailer. And now that trainer battles are the only means of battling, I'd imagine they would have to bring back the rematch system from Gen 2. Otherwise the post-game would be pretty boring.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, if this makes the game more enjoyable for couch play it could be a good thing. The "real" game is still coming anyway.

Last edited by specht,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think either will get much use as battling Pokemon, it's more just the symbolic choice of starter.
i used pikachu from beggining to end on my pokemon yellow version(my first pokemon game) and pikachu with thunderbolt can get things done even on elite four :P

D

DeletedMember411838

... so just because mario 2d games outsell every mario 3d games nintendo would never do any more mario 3d games? that makes no sence, and nintendo keeps doing mario 3d games wich take alot more time and recources to make and sell less, compared to easy stuff like new super mario bros series wich they make without much recources and sell double the amount...

Lol, ya because that is totally the same situation, and that makes so much sense.

Also Mario 2d games? What are you up been on about lol. They haven't made a 2d Mario game in a very long time, we have gotten rereleases at best...

You can live in denial if you want, the reality is if the features do well, and Let's Go sells well, then those features will end up on Gen 8, that is a fact, take it to the bank.

You people seem to have some serious issues with games evolving and changing lol. It's not going to stay the same for ever. And like others have said, it's pretty funny that all the time we here "PC we are bored, innovate, change" now they did and you say "No, No, No, Kill it, Kill it with Fire"

Last edited by ,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol, ya because that is totally the same situation, and that makes so much sense.

Also Mario 2d games? What are you up been on about lol. They haven't made a 2d Mario game in a very long time, we have gotten rereleases at best...

You can live in denial if you want, the reality is if the features do well, and Let's Go sells well, then those features will end up on Gen 8, that is a fact, take it to the bank.
new super mario bros u is a 3d mario game by 2d i mean 2 dimensions not pixels...

D

DeletedMember411838

new super mario bros u is a 3d mario game by 2d i mean 2 dimensions not pixels...

Right I know what 3d means, and 2d, and we have not had any New 2D Mario games. They evolved, just like Pokemon is doing now.

Also new Super Mario U, having bad sales had nothing to do with the game, the console had crap sales man lol. Super Mario Odyssey is already over 10m sales, it's doing fine.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!