Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

D

DeletedMember411838

About that comment about no Pokemon games ever being announced at E3, Smash titles have historically only ever been announced at E3 EXCEPT for the most recent unnamed title, Smash for Switch. So, don't count out Nintendo on not always following the script (i.e. remember when everyone was expecting Pokemon Gray/Eclipse?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but smash hasn't been announced yet? We were just told a smash game is coming, it wasn't "Revealed".

Also either way, Smash is a Nintendo game, Pokemon is not. Pokemon is a Pokemon Company game, and while Nintendo does own like 33% of the Pokemon Company, it's still GF and Creatures Incs as well. Pokemon is it's own company, that Nintendo just happens to be a part of.

Last edited by ,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About that comment about no Pokemon games ever being announced at E3, Smash titles have historically only ever been announced at E3 EXCEPT for the most recent unnamed title, Smash for Switch. So, don't count out Nintendo on not always following the script (i.e. remember when everyone was expecting Pokemon Gray/Eclipse?)
Smash is a game entirely owned by nintendo so it's shown off at Nintendo directs and Nintendos E3 conference, but Pokemon is different because The Pokemon Company is the one who owns the Pokemon franchise (or at least owns a majority of it) and although TPC is owned by Nintendo, The Pokemon Company is well within their legal rights to not cooperate with Nintendo in things regarding Pokemon and they can create things containing pokemon without needing Nintendo's approval (an example would be pokemon go, that app was developed and published outside of nitnendos control as a company) and this unique ownership is why Pokemon reveals and trailers usually stick to their own Pokemon presentations in publications like corocoro, Japanese game shows, and pokemon only directs and rarely revealed in Nintendo presentations

Last edited by Eddypikachu,
Reactions: DeletedMember411838
D

DeletedMember411838

Didnt know that, my bad.

Your good, I was just pointing that out and venting about the media outlets. All these media people keep saying "Pokemon Reveal at E3" and it's very frustrating for them to continusly spread false information.

Then people start saying that because the media says that, and it just makes it worse lol. Your good though I meant no offense :).

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the presentation they stated these are actually mainline titles and not spinoffs https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1001705584083853312
They may have called it that, but for for all intents and purposes, it is a spinoff. Otherwise, they wouldn't have went out of their way to say a traditional Pokemon is coming out next year.

So, when people say "spinoff". They mean, this isn't the traditional mainline or core series.
To be honest,this game doesnt really look graphically demanding.They could of defanitly released this for the 3ds.There is also no weakening wild pokemon or training by fighting wild pokemon in this one either.So much for a core game.Looks like a great spin off but not so great as a core pokemon rpg.
I mean, if they downgraded everything back to Sun and Moon then yeah. It can just once again barely run the 3DS.

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? I really hope you don't just run around in game and throw pokeballs till you catch pokemon. Battling was half the fun.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may have called it that, but for for all intents and purposes, it is a spinoff. Otherwise, they wouldn't have went out of their way to say a traditional Pokemon is coming out next year.

So, when people say "spinoff". They mean, this isn't the traditional mainline or core series.

I mean, if they downgraded everything back to Sun and Moon then yeah. It can just once again barely run the 3DS.
If the CEO of The Pokemon Company says it's a mainline title then it's a mainline title. (Which is what happened here)

Last edited by Eddypikachu,
Reactions: DeletedMember411838

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree, the throwing ball mechanic would have been much better on 3DS than on the Switch and it would prevent the confusion going around that this is the Switch game we were promised.

Interviews say you get EXP for capturing too, just like you do in GO and in Gen 7.
how fun it is to just kep throing pokeballs and catching pokemon back and forth to release them just to get some exp... it will be a very long way to reach lvl 100 lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To be honest,this game doesnt really look graphically demanding.They could of defanitly released this for the 3ds.
It is clearly the 3DS engine, but they would've been limited design-wise by 3DS hardware. It's been time to move on for a while anyway, 3DS got plenty of Pokemon games.

Reactions: DarthDub

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it really only features the first 150 Pokémon it has one less then the original (yes, the only offical way to unlock Mew was this japan exclusive events but the game not having Mew at all would be disappointing)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it really only features the first 150 Pokémon it has one less then the original (yes, the only offical way to unlock Mew was this japan exclusive events but the game not having Mew at all would be disappointing)
Odds are they'll give out Mew at events again for a while.

Reactions: VitaType

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trainers exist
unless all trainers are rebatlable if you catch some new pokemons ater clearing most of the game you are screwed becuase you wont be able to lvl it up without mashing poke balls throws.

Srs people tough battling wild pokemons for lvl up was boring imagine flipping pokeballs ...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
unless all trainers are rebatlable if you catch some new pokemons ater clearing most of the game you are screwed becuase you wont be able to lvl it up without mashing poke balls throws.

Srs people tough battling wild pokemons for lvl up was boring imagine flipping pokeballs ...
In this way it is kind of nonsensical. You're saving time and tedium by skipping the battle to catch phase, but at the same time they're going to have to make up for the experience loss elsewhere. Unless, of course, they just give your entire party experience every time you catch a Mon, which would be pretty boring but also wouldn't surprise me.

D

DeletedMember411838

In this way it is kind of nonsensical. You're saving time and tedium by skipping the battle to catch phase, but at the same time they're going to have to make up for the experience loss elsewhere. Unless, of course, they just give your entire party experience every time you catch a Mon, which would be pretty boring but also wouldn't surprise me.

There really isn't any other way to do it.

Unless they go with a Pokemon go experience system, where you level, not Pokemon and the Pokemon have a different system, Like CP.

Which BTW, CP is in this game, it's on the trailer.

As to the Mew questions, I bet the way to get Mew will be only from Go. As Go has that Adventure to unlock mew, also that special Pokemon that everyone keeps talking about is for Go not for the Let's Go. So your Go reward for playing Let's Go, is the special poke, your reward in Let's Go for playing Go Could be Mew.

Last edited by ,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't any other way to do it.

Unless they go with a Pokemon go experience system, where you level, not Pokemon and the Pokemon have a different system, Like CP.

Which BTW, CP is in this game, it's on the trailer.
Oh fuck me, seriously? CP is absolutely terrible and doesn't fit with a Yellow remake at all. Hopefully it's only a part of that "GO Park" thing, and GO Pokemon are kept mostly separate. Otherwise they might as well go full derp and remove teachable movesets too.

D

DeletedMember411838

Oh fuck me, seriously? CP is absolutely terrible and doesn't fit with a Yellow remake at all. Hopefully it's only a part of that "GO Park" thing, and GO Pokemon are kept mostly separate. Otherwise they might as well go full derp and remove teachable movesets too.

It's not a apart of that, go watch the trailer closely, when they are battling and seeing stats the Pokemon have levels and CP. They also made a statement, that there is in fact CP and items to buff that CP, but they would give more info later.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not a apart of that, go watch the trailer closely, when they are battling and seeing stats the Pokemon have levels and CP. They also made a statement, that there is in fact CP and items to buff that CP, but they would give more info later.
Oh okay, as long as CP co-exists with leveling it's not a big deal. Just a new way to extend the grind for maxing out your team.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an Pokémon Go player, I’m surely going to get this.

Just hopes that emunand and cheats and all the other good stuff appears before launch day and is completely stable.
If not, I will surely update.

D

DeletedMember411838

Oh okay, as long as CP co-exists with leveling it's not a big deal. Just a new way to extend the grind for maxing out your team.

Ya from what I read about I think it will take the place of like EVs in this title to make it more causal friendly.

There is defiantly still levels though. You can see the Pika and Bulbasaur being level 18 in the battle example.

As far as leveling per catch, it will likely be distributed to all your party at once. However in GO, catching pokes doesn't really give much XP, like the first catch of the day gives a tad, and catches give a tiny amount, but real XP is from raiding and gyms.

At level 25, I need 190k XP, and I get 100-250 for catching Pokemon depending on the throw. It really isn't worth it, to catch for XP at higher levels in go. I bet the same will apply to this game, catching may give a decent early level boost, but as you get high in levels battling is needed.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ya from what I read about I think it will take the place of like EVs in this title to make it more causal friendly.

There is defiantly still levels though. You can see the Pika and Bulbasaur being level 18 in the battle example.

As far as leveling per catch, it will likely be distributed to all your party at once. However in GO, catching pokes doesn't really give much XP, like the first catch of the day gives a tad, and catches give a tiny amount, but real XP is from raiding and gyms.

At level 25, I need 190k XP, and I get 100-250 for catching Pokemon depending on the throw. It really isn't worth it, to catch for XP at higher levels in go. I bet the same will apply to this game, catching may give a decent early level boost, but as you get high in levels battling is needed.
imagine pokemons that lvl up on 50+ levels like dragonite...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub