Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you noticed, but in the pokegear, Melody's name is still japanese. :3 Just thought i'd point it out incase you didn't see.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks romruto for the awesome logo
biggrin.gif

thanks raqib for patch 4.5
smile.gif

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattmagician said:
Not sure if you noticed, but in the pokegear, Melody's name is still japanese. :3 Just thought i'd point it out incase you didn't see.

Have you been livin under a rock? It's been said like 10 times that Melody's name is going to stay in japanese untill Raqib12 finds what makes it glitchy when he translates it =D

rei_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay, it works, for 2 whole days now, i've been playing Rabiq's 3.5 Patch on No$GBA2.6a with this AR Code : 020DD9E4 E1A00000
Only problems i have are Graphical Glitches (Just exit into Bag/Pokemon Team and it should be fixed)

I'll check out the new patch see if does the same

Sidenote : Red mopped me
frown.gif

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@unseenhero just make your .sav file the same name, and you shouldn't have an issue. Make sure to backup the save just incase.

@Raqib I think you mentioned this, but when you're trying to teach a pokemon a move via a TM or HM, the "Able" and "unable" are still in japanese, hope you can change that. As well as while using the HMs, most of them still use their japanese text (Fly "yes" and "no" are japanese, the surf "The water is deep blue, do you want to surf?" is still in japanese, etc.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah raqib12 can you make this pathc able to pathc over are previous patched nds roms with your patch becasue i dont wanna keep downloading a new rom

TheMagdiel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
so i just saw this and ya.....i guess i cant use translations if i already played on jap version with a sav file on it:/

You can, just rename the patched version with the same name as the unpatched version you were playing before.

Or alternately you could rename the sav file to match the patched version I think.

EDIT: btw, this patch is awesome =)
Ty for working on this, and gl finishing it =P
I'll be watching and playing =D

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ifish: no problem XD:P

now ill try to remember how to patch it just making sure is patched version less space than original?

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey ifish even i've read all the pages of this thread, its just a habit of mine so dat i don't ask something ppl have already asked loong before, this way i'm able to solve my problems using steps that is already given by some members....BTW i'm finally able to download the patch ahh wat a relief the earlier download accelerator i was using was crap..

@unseenhero ya the patched version takes up lesser space its comes out as 121MB as compared to the unpatched one which is 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot