Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the same as last time of ORAS? Just unlink the banned save, back up the old save to somewhere safe, start a new game until you can access game sync, copy the new ID, go to PKHeX and replace the banned ID with the new one, and re import the old save. Right?

Reactions: Kyek

AlterZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this the same as last time of ORAS? Just unlink the banned save, back up the old save to somewhere safe, start a new game until you can access game sync, copy the new ID, go to PKHeX and replace the banned ID with the new one, and re import the old save. Right?

I hope you are right, it's the first time I've used PKHex so I'm not sure this would work!...

There are three values under the "SAV" tab in PKHex, the first editable but not the others:

Game Sync ID
Secure Value 1
Secure Value 2

I tried last night using zeros for the ID and all I got was errors but I didn't get the altered save file code so this might work, will have to wait until maintenance for the game to be unlinked before I can try changing them again!...

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you are right, it's the first time I've used PKHex so I'm not sure this would work!...

There are three values under the "SAV" tab in PKHex, the first editable but not the others:

Game Sync ID
Secure Value 1
Secure Value 2

I tried last night using zeros for the ID and all I got was errors but I didn't get the altered save file code so this might work, will have to wait until maintenance for the game to be unlinked before I can try changing them again!...
Yea wait until Tuesday and do it. And try to make the game as legal as possible in terms of how many of certain items, clothes, etc.

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait am I safe? I went through the global link tutorial but never actually set up global link like it told me so I should be fine? Right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait am I safe? I went through the global link tutorial but never actually set up global link like it told me so I should be fine? Right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you never set up Game Sync, which means inputting the GS ID into the Global Link website and syncing your save to that service, you are fine. If you need to test, connect to Festival Plaza and pay attention to whether it says "Game Sync in progress." If you don't see that, means you don't have Game Sync/Global Link set up, therefore you're 100% safe.

SolgaleoLunala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you never set up Game Sync, which means inputting the GS ID into the Global Link website and syncing your save to that service, you are fine. If you need to test, connect to Festival Plaza and pay attention to whether it says "Game Sync in progress." If you don't see that, means you don't have Game Sync/Global Link set up, therefore you're 100% safe.

what is gamesyn and global link? i just do battle royal and link trades ,am i using this gamysyc or global link to do that?

LowTides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is gamesyn and global link? i just do battle royal and link trades ,am i using this gamysyc or global link to do that?
If you don't know what it is you don't have it, it gives you a code that you enter online, that way they can record your Rating score in battles, everything can be seen online.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monitoring for the unban procedures.

*Bam* There you go.

Elveman said:
Here's how the unbanning method worked in ORAS era:

1. Unlink the game from Global Link.
2. After it's done, back up your old save.
3. Start a new game, then reach the Festival Plaza.
4. Do a Game Sync with your PGL account and retrieve your ID.
5. Back up your new save file.
6. Open your new save file with PKHeX. Find the Game Sync ID field and copy that.
7. Open your old save file with PKHeX. Find the Game Sync ID field and paste the one from the new save file.
8. Restore your old modified save
Voila! You're unbanned with no data lost

Works in Sun and Moon as well. Same steps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This though just pop up in my head. Doesn't this ban wave make the next Global Event gonna fail for sure?

That and a combination of Nintendo doing a shoddy job at telling people how they can participate (among other issues like having to manually sync up any changes before they count) is a yes.

I don't think they've learned much after the last 2 failed Global Missions.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

SolgaleoLunala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question ,since it seems to be related to trainer info.. if i got a pokemon via wonder trade and wanted too change the trainer id too mine would it still count as bad or can i change the trainer id and it be fine as long as i dont change my own?

ramon19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please someone answer this. If I use pkhex to transfer pokemon from 6 gen will I be safe? This pokemon were legal and do I need to remove that items or something?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please someone answer this. If I use pkhex to transfer pokemon from 6 gen will I be safe? This pokemon were legal and do I need to remove that items or something?
Possibly not. I don't believe PKHeX has been updated to 'support' Gen 6 -> 7 conversions. I think that it's unlikely that it would be an issue, but if you're really concerned, I would just use PokéBank or wait until using PKHeX has been confirmed safe.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

ramon19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So unreleased mega stones are also safe to transfer and used online? If not are there other items which are also unreleased?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So unreleased mega stones are also safe to transfer and used online? If not are there other items which are also unreleased?

Who gave you that idea? Of course they're not safe to use online, you wouldn't be able to anyways, you'd get a "Problem with your pokemon" message. Rowap berry is another unobtainable item, you may as well research, to my knowledge there isn't a list detailing what's not obtainable. Something like Marshadow's Z-crystal goes without saying.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Game Sync ID
Secure Value 1
Secure Value 2

I also changed all to zeros and still got the banned message.
Use an old save or mine to get a new GameSyncID, Unregister your game from the GL account and wait til Tuesday, then replace your SyncID from your banned savefile with new one and re-register again. In the meantime clean your savefile and make it legit and legal as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy