Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any way to add a saved game or cheats to the N64? I don't feel like replaying the Mario Party 3 story again...

Using saves from other emus/hardware is not supported in v1.4, but was added in the v1.5 Beta. Just SRAM saves though. Not states. Cheats can be ported to NSO N64, but its convoluted. So the save option is probably better for you.

Manual save management is covered in the FAQ.

Reactions: invisiblek1d

invisiblek1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So does anyone here has a compatibility list of GBA Games for Cave ?
For some reason some games dont boot if i add them with cave. But i know there are working because there are packs that have some of the games and there working. But i want to add my games myself as i hate these packs...

For example:
Castlevania HoD - Revenge of the Findesiecle Deluxe+ (v2.3.75)
Mario Kart-Super Circuit-Freemastered (v2.0 by Nintenja)
Crash Bandicoot Bakusou! Nitro Cart (English 3.0)
Gyakuten Saiban (English Patched)

and some more. Do they need to be patched somehow ?

Thank you :)

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason some games dont boot if i add them with cave. But i know there are working because there are packs that have some of the games and there working. But i want to add my games myself as i hate these packs...

For example:

I can see they are “Rom Hacks” and you can find you answer in the thread somewhere talking about it. You’ll need to edit the header with a hex program I think and change the rom size

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cave-da...witch-online-modding-app.551466/post-10205350

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For example:

Finally been prompted enough to make this pic.

1693515998509.png

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

For example:

Revenge of the findesiecle deluxe+ and the other are rom hacks so you need to change the game ID with the option avaliable in 1.5 beta or use a HeX editor and do it manually if in 1.4.6 I have already tested both and they work fine

Reactions: DarkAkuma and nWo

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thank you all for responding. I read trough the pages before but since Cave 1.5 Beta isnt availible anywhere anymore i tried HxD but i dont know where the game ID/Header is hidden in HxD and/or how to trim the games. Would i need BatchGBA ?

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
thank you all for responding. I read trough the pages before but since Cave 1.5 Beta isnt availible anywhere anymore i tried HxD but i dont know where the game ID/Header is hidden in HxD and/or how to trim the games. Would i need BatchGBA ?
There is an detailed explanation by LuigiBlood on how to do it with a HeX editor several posts back follow it and you'll be fine

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is an detailed explanation by LuigiBlood on how to do it with a HeX editor several posts back follow it and you'll be fine

I tried the Hex Editing thing Luigiblood wrote before on 2-3 Games but it didnt work on any of these games... seems like i have to wait until the CaVe 1.5 Beta will ever goes Public. What a mess...

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the Hex Editing thing Luigiblood wrote before on 2-3 Games but it didnt work on any of these games... seems like i have to wait until the CaVe 1.5 Beta will ever goes Public. What a mess...

V1.5 will do nothing more than what you can do in a hex editor. It simply makes it easy is all.

I wouldn't recomend waiting for the beta to be over. Ever since the awful reception I got here when trying to release it, hoping more people would help advance through the beta stage quickly, I pulled it back to again focus on the part of the community that supports the project the most. And with that, I no longer plan/hope for its development to be quick. I am enjoying taking my time! As such, I have no vague release date in mind.

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
V1.5 will do nothing more than what you can do in a hex editor. It simply makes it easy is all.

I wouldn't recomend waiting for the beta to be over. Ever since the awful reception I got here when trying to release it, hoping more people would help advance through the beta stage quickly, I pulled it back to again focus on the part of the community that supports the project the most. And with that, I no longer plan/hope for its development to be quick. I am enjoying taking my time! As such, I have no vague release date in mind.

First, thank you for taking your Time to reply me :)
Yeah i already read trough your Cave Page and Discord etc and can understand you. Would do it the same if it was my App...

And i also understand that 1.5 will simplify the Steps regarding Hex Editing. Thats why i wanted to try 1.5 because i Think i did something wrong regarding Hex Editing the Games, as other people Managed to get GBA Games working this way :/
Seems then im out of Luck, but thank you very much anyway DarkAkuma :)

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta 1.5 of the Database Manager sends me to the website for update, there is no update on the website.

Discord link on website is expired. How can a commoner such as myself update my Gameboy database w/ this Database Manager?

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta 1.5 of the Database Manager sends me to the website for update, there is no update on the website.

Discord link on website is expired. How can a commoner such as myself update my Gameboy database w/ this Database Manager?

You must have a older version of the beta. But yea, i need to fix that link back to the website in the beta it seems I already did, so this issue is just in that older build. Its intention is how its to be when the app is out of beta. But since it is not out of beta, and no longer planned/hoped to quickly be out of it... I should change it I have changed it in newer versions of the beta.

I checked the discord link, and it still works. I can only assume you mean that the download links on the wiki (that is linked from the discord) don't work.

I'm sorry to say that you will just have to wait until v1.5 is officially released. Sadly, the week that the beta was public... yielded a whopping ZERO feedback, causing me to pull it back and focus on just my discord community. And it was never my intention to direct people who otherwise would not, to join my discord just to download the beta. My intention was just to focus on those who support the project the most. Due to people abusing my setup to just leech the beta, and not support the project or be a part of that community, I had to restrict access to the beta.

This is how I intended it to be from the start. The private beta to only be for that community, and the "commoners" (average users) to just have to make due with the publicly released v1.4.6. I hoped for the transition to be quicker, and not leave users with the abandoned v1.4.6 very long... but those plans did not work out as mentioned.

For now, I just recommend that users don't upgrade their apps and just wait. Sorry.

---

FYI. I do know that sometimes people make a mistake and upgrade their apps. That is why I made a full unlock patch for SNES v3.7.0.0 available on my website. CaVE v1.4.6 still will not support the updated databases, but this should help anyone who mistakenly updates, to continue to be able to use that app. Generally the databases themselves are often compatible with updates. The common things that prevent older databases from working on newer apps being a lack of the Full Unlock or mods (If you mistakenly update and the app no longer works, try removing any mods).

Again. This is only for people who mistakenly update. Do not update the NSO apps.

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have a older version of the beta. But yea, i need to fix that link back to the website in the beta it seems I already did, so this issue is just in that older build. Its intention is how its to be when the app is out of beta. But since it is not out of beta, and no longer planned/hoped to quickly be out of it... I should change it I have changed it in newer versions of the beta.

I checked the discord link, and it still works. I can only assume you mean that the download links on the wiki (that is linked from the discord) don't work.

I'm sorry to say that you will just have to wait until v1.5 is officially released. Sadly, the week that the beta was public... yielded a whopping ZERO feedback, causing me to pull it back and focus on just my discord community. And it was never my intention to direct people who otherwise would not, to join my discord just to download the beta. My intention was just to focus on those who support the project the most. Due to people abusing my setup to just leech the beta, and not support the project or be a part of that community, I had to restrict access to the beta.

This is how I intended it to be from the start. The private beta to only be for that community, and the "commoners" (average users) to just have to make due with the publicly released v1.4.6. I hoped for the transition to be quicker, and not leave users with the abandoned v1.4.6 very long... but those plans did not work out as mentioned.

For now, I just recommend that users don't upgrade their apps and just wait. Sorry.

---

FYI. I do know that sometimes people make a mistake and upgrade their apps. That is why I made a full unlock patch for SNES v3.7.0.0 available on my website. CaVE v1.4.6 still will not support the updated databases, but this should help anyone who mistakenly updates, to continue to be able to use that app. Generally the databases themselves are often compatible with updates. The common things that prevent older databases from working on newer apps being a lack of the Full Unlock or mods (If you mistakenly update and the app no longer works, try removing any mods).

Again. This is only for people who mistakenly update. Do not update the NSO apps.
I, admittedly, am not on discord too often BUT, I am a beast at leaving feedback for those who request it. My first order of feedback (the futile redirect from the beta) has been addressed, yet I do not get to see the benefit. The irony is deep here. Discord invites in my DM's are always welcome, if you should want my direct constructive feedback on your software.

chocofenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm finding "an error occurred" with N64 NSO with 2.10.1 and 2.12.0 with added games (only the added games error). Tried with and without the "mods" - purging the folder so it's only the added games no mods but still does it.

Im using latest Cave 1.4 version which only lists up to 2.10.0 so I'm guessing it's compatibility, but I'm not clever enough to know what I need to edit to make it work with either version I have

Thanks for any advice

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm finding "an error occurred" with N64 NSO with 2.10.1 and 2.12.0 with added games (only the added games error). Tried with and without the "mods" - purging the folder so it's only the added games no mods but still does it.

Im using latest Cave 1.4 version which only lists up to 2.10.0 so I'm guessing it's compatibility, but I'm not clever enough to know what I need to edit to make it work with either version I have

Thanks for any advice

Sorry. I have no clue what your issue is. v2.10 added stadium 1, v2.11 added stadium 2, and v2.12 added excitebike 64. None of these games came with any major changes that would be causing real issues.

The description of your issue is too vague, leading me to have to guess. Im guessing the error is with the NSO app? Literally giving you the generic message "an error occurred". Is this when trying to boot up the app? When trying to load a game? What?

That error seems more like one that happens when trying to load a game. Generally boot errors are just a red screen that never finishes loading. Going off that idea... perhaps this is happening with a custom game that you have not supplied a DTZ for? N64 game compatibility is limited (about half of the game roster), and the games that do work each require specific DTZ's that can be found on the compatibility list. That list itself list linked in the Help menu of CaVE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not