Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

MollyChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, if the way you're interpreting that is true, the only issue with my save would probably be the Dex entries for unavailable shinies and forms?
Because "protecting the Pokemon [I've] raised" is exactly what I want to do. While I would be fine with re-starting the game over again because I could experience the cool story all over again, I would be upset at losing my Pokemon...

Either way, when I get to using PkHex to remove those offending Dex entries, I'll check the shinies I got in trades to see how "legit" they really are...

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people seriously afraid of using PKHeX at all after this fiasco? Quite literally, in the history of the series, no one has ever been banned online for genning a legal Pokemon. Perhaps insane judges at tournaments will ban you for merely having a 5IV Pokemon a couple generations ago, but software bans have never happened to people who genned legal Pokemon. I'm open to being proven wrong about this case. How can they detect that you genned a legal Pokemon even if it looks indistinguishable from a legit Pokemon?

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Are people seriously afraid of using PKHeX at all after this fiasco? Quite literally, in the history of the series, no one has ever been banned online for genning a legal Pokemon. Perhaps insane judges at tournaments will ban you for merely having a 5IV Pokemon a couple generations ago, but software bans have never happened to people who genned legal Pokemon. I'm open to being proven wrong about this case. How can they detect that you genned a legal Pokemon even if it looks indistinguishable from a legit Pokemon?
For a while VGC Players always claimed "A friend" helped them with the Pokémon. Worst case they would possibly be dq'd but since "A friend" genned them "without their knowledge" nothing else would happen.
By now some VGC Players publicly post on their social media pictures of them using PKHeX at tournaments. And they haven't been banned.
And I honestly think that goes to far.
I mean I see the point of genning Pokemon that are legally obtainable just to save the hours of time to get these ready otherwise.
And it makes team adaptions a lot easier.
However I think it's bad that some VGC Players even changed their EV spreads using PKHex mid tournament which gave them an obvious advantage.
It's going way to far and that's where they should start.
Additionally these hacking wondertrades are just annoying and kill some legit players fun.
I think it's okay if people hack for themselves and do whatever as long as it stays within offline play.
If it goes into online other players shouldn't be forced into interaction with these hacks/gens/whatever, through Wondertrade or anything. There is a limit.
And for battles. Stay fair.

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with much of what you're saying. Yes, generally speaking, hacks should be kept to yourself, but my point is that some people online seem to be scaring people away from genning even though there's no proof that legal genning can get you banned and it has never happened before. And in my opinion, battling a legal genned team online doesn't really hamper your experience since there's no way of knowing and you're on equal ground.

Last edited by Scarftail,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However I think it's bad that some VGC Players even changed their EV spreads using PKHex mid tournament which gave them an obvious advantage.
It's going way to far and that's where they should start.

Really? I did not know that. Kind of a dick move, genning is fine, but that little bit is rather affecting in a bad way to opponents.

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to desync from Game Sync?

Is there a way to backup save data if you get banned so you can restore it?
Well...because the ban is tied to your Game Sync ID, you'd have to unlink your game. However, you can't re-link the same version. At least that's my understanding.

Last edited by Scarftail,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) I've never heard of this Game Sync ID, so I must not be linked?
B) I added in everything I had in pokebank to SuMo weeks before.

So, the largest question is, am I screwed yet?

LifeMushroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up Homebrew, and used PKHex and genned a couple of legit Pokemon. I went online and on Battle Spot and did a match. I'm not banned.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up Homebrew, and used PKHex and genned a couple of legit Pokemon. I went online and on Battle Spot and did a match. I'm not banned.

I don't think the ban's instantaneous, the note they left said they'll take similar actions at "regular intervals," it could be weekly, every Tuesday. They should focus more on the hack checks, I still can't trade over a VC Moltres, which is ridiculous.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unobtainable Mega Stones...Can't transfer items through Poke Bank..Why?

Always been like that, don't know why people expected differently (transferring items through Bank). There shouldn't be unobtainable mega stones in the first place, they should've all been included in Sun/Moon.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7