Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually you can, Powersaves dont require a hacked console, Xbox 360 and PS3 save files can also be altered w/o console hacking.

Still is cheating and still is a breach of the TOS of the game.

Reactions: VinsCool

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using the Game Sync ID from another game to unban isn't going to last long. They'll see that the save file is entirely different, then ban again.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If the method suggested by @EvilMakiPR worked this (quoted) will work too. It will take a week but will be more persistent and without game-breaking consequences.

Here's how the unbanning method worked in ORAS era:

1. Unlink the game from Global Link.
2. After it's done, back up your old save.
3. Start a new game, then reach the Festival Plaza.
4. Do a Game Sync with your PGL account and retrieve your ID.
5. Back up your new save file.
6. Open your new save file with PKHeX. Find the Game Sync ID field and copy that.
7. Open your old save file with PKHeX. Find the Game Sync ID field and paste the one from the new save file.
8. Restore your old modified save
Voila! You're unbanned with no data lost
I know that tempers like posts with pictures so here's the picture of a kitten
5884cc9114d2f5292e72b8c0.jpg

Last edited by Elveman,

Motisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a lot of illegal Pokémon, such as final evolutions lvl 1 on my boxes (to complete the dex), and before to connect I removed all of them and I didn't get the error code (for now)
Sorry for my bad english

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly who does this effect? it cant be people who inject legit mons since the number is only 6k. is it injecting things like clothes/items which triggers a ban?

My Sun save was altered in a way. I basically did the Cosmog event twice, but not through event flag mangling, just restoring a save set before claiming the Cosmog, after the fact, meaning I have 2 Cosmogs, same TID/SID/OT, I went online today, no ban. That's a minor thing, maybe it doesn't count as an altered save, a better test is when I gen up a team for the Alola Friendly Competition that starts tonight. I doubt a ban will happen.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Sun save was altered in a way. I basically did the Cosmog event twice, but not through event flag mangling, just restoring a save set before claiming the Cosmog, after the fact, meaning I have 2 Cosmogs, same TID/SID/OT, I went online today, no ban. That's a minor thing, maybe it doesn't count as an altered save, a better test is when I gen up a team for the Alola Friendly Competition that starts tonight. I doubt a ban will happen.
Really wish I'll be able to participate in it. Still gotta unban me.

toaster7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What information does festival plaza actually save? I can't remember when I powersaved max money, but I'm sure I've entered the festival plaza afterwards. I haven't ever linked my save file to GL, but planned on doing it soon. I've cloned a few Pokémon and maximized rare candies, in addition to maxing money. What steps should I be taking to legitimize my save file prior to linking my game?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pretty sure this only affects those that were dumb enough to use max iv/EV mons on battlespot or another gamesync online function.
Why exactly would this affect only people that used max IV/EV mons in battlespot? That makes no sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work