Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

RoyaleBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Possibly no, I have done it a few times and haven't been banned. That doesn't mean you should make a habit out of it.
2. I doubt it.
3. Yes to all three, you just can't do rating battles, competitions, and global missions. The pain though is not getting early access into mega stone distributions, but you can just hack those when they're officially distributed, for example the Hoenn starters' mega stones will be distributed within 2 weeks I believe, as the competition that offers them as entry gifts starts Friday.
Thanks for your reply! I was afraid of getting banned from trading as I don't really care much about battles or missions.

flockamav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never been banned and you should have a sav prepped and do everything at once then keep connecting and dis connecting

kurama12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was banned before the release, but later I keep using the same save with an original cartidge in other console and I think there isn't any problem with my save (or at least I didn't notice). I don't know if only is for competition battles the ban

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Only idiots who don't know how to hack legal things in get banned, and besides, the online for Sun and Moon is atrocious. All online functions that aren't Global Link-related can be used if you're banned, and now that there is no Global Link for Gen 6 games, you can play those games online without worrying about bans anyway.

valeasr123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys i've got this problem.. using pkhex now if i open Pokemon sun it says: save date are corrupted with the picture of sea in the display, i tried to import another save but it says the same thing i dont know

glong279

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys i've got this problem.. using pkhex now if i open Pokemon sun it says: save date are corrupted with the picture of sea in the display, i tried to import another save but it says the same thing i dont know
Try deleting the Secure Value before importing.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
okay dudes, I have really scare when I have see the 002-0120 error code but its just for update the game, the problem its I just inject a lot of pokemon (pkHex said its legit) of my other versions but I have put perfect iv nature ect I have change pid ect and I have change my toko of pokemon for perfect toko with perfect iv and nature but now im not ban, But when I make the update and try to connect online on pokemon moon, Can I be ban? (NNID) I don't use global sync

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
okay dudes, I have really scare when I have see the 002-0120 error code but its just for update the game, the problem its I just inject a lot of pokemon (pkHex said its legit) of my other versions but I have put perfect iv nature ect I have change pid ect and I have change my toko of pokemon for perfect toko with perfect iv and nature but now im not ban, But when I make the update and try to connect online on pokemon moon, Can I be ban? (NNID) I don't use global sync
No, you cannot be banned

Reactions: Kanakops

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have zero chance to be ban? So the ban its really for leaked version only?
(ps : I have the cia version of my cardtridge)

Zero chance. Zero. The ban's also for save editing, certain things that trigger a ban, like extensive bag editing (999ing everything), unreleased items, hacked illegal shinies, and definitely gender changing and OT/TID/SID editing. Also, region emulating, game syncing from a region changed NAND or with Luma's region emulation that is different from your game save's region info. I assume when you say that you don't game sync, it means you never ever signed up through Global Link and got that all set up. Therefore you are 100% safe.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Zero chance. Zero. The ban's also for save editing, certain things that trigger a ban, like extensive bag editing (999ing everything), unreleased items, hacked illegal shinies, and definitely gender changing and OT/TID/SID editing. Also, region emulating, game syncing from a region changed NAND or with Luma's region emulation that is different from your game save's region info. I assume when you say that you don't game sync, it means you never ever signed up through Global Link and got that all set up. Therefore you are 100% safe.

I already have a global sync account before but I have delete it when I have hack my console
The only thing I make its generate pokemon and maybe sometime generate pokemon with ot and information of pokemon of other friend to give him a pokemon with his informations and let him change the name ect

but its cool if I can't be ban for this you are my saviour ;d

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that the developers added something to the game that basically renders this style of editing obsolete and really useless?

Bottle Caps? They're scarce for one and with RNG in Gen 7, the need for them is almost zero, but because I think RNGing in prevous generations is a daunting task for me, I'd use them for say Gen 3-4 transfers.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well somehow I got a console ban some time in the last 2 hours, I was last online at 8PM EST. So this had to be after their weekly maintenance. I don't know why exactly, only thing I can speculate on is sending over illegal shinies such as Meloetta and Keldeo via direct and wonder trade. My normal genning practice and editing requests could not have caused this. My last ban was December 2016 and that was clearly because of going online with the cart and GW rom, both sharing the same private header, at the same time. This one, I don't know for sure, have to contact customer service tomorrow and find out what happened.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well somehow I got a console ban some time in the last 2 hours, I was last online at 8PM EST. So this had to be after their weekly maintenance. I don't know why exactly, only thing I can speculate on is sending over illegal shinies such as Meloetta and Keldeo via direct and wonder trade. My normal genning practice and editing requests could not have caused this. My last ban was December 2016 and that was clearly because of going online with the cart and GW rom, both sharing the same private header, at the same time. This one, I don't know for sure, have to contact customer service tomorrow and find out what happened.

thanks for the warning, how your shiny are illegal ? PkHex tell you the pokemon are not legit or its tell you its legit but because you have generate with pkhex its not 'legal' ?

Do you have a pokemon global sync?

Last edited by Kanakops,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the warning, how your shiny are illegal ? PkHex tell you the pokemon are not legit or its tell you its legit but because you have generate with pkhex its not 'legal' ?

You can generate illegal mons with PKHex, and can easily inject them, I just blatantly ignored those red flags, testing to see if these would send as shiny Meloettas and Keldeos were roaming around. Also, the game I used for it, never game synced, has no Global Link account, nothing, so it leads me to believe it's a form of alternative punishment since I can't be GL banned.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can generate illegal mons with PKHex, and can easily inject them, I just blatantly ignored those red flags, testing to see if these would send as shiny Meloettas and Keldeos were roaming around. Also, the game I used for it, never game synced, has no Global Link account, nothing, so it leads me to believe it's a form of alternative punishment since I can't be GL banned.

I think when its detect its your pokemon and its impossible to have, global sync or not if you want to trade its give you the same punishment (ban)
but you have a permaban or just a temporary ban? What its your error code ?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think when its detect its your pokemon and its impossible to have, global sync or not if you want to trade its give you the same punishment (ban)
but you have a permaban or just a temporary ban? What its your error code ?

002-0102, but this is a second offense, so it may be permanent. I got the same error code December and had about a 30 day ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof