Hacking [PoC] 3DS Region Changing + proof

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to be clear, I'm not fully up to speed after going through the last few pages.

What is important in order to be able to do a region swap is a valid SecureInfo_A from a 3DS (new or old) from the region you want?

So you can swap a US old 3DS with a JPN N3DS, in theory?

Interested in the answer to this. I would like to be able to make an emuNand on my JPN N3ds XL with US region using my O3ds XL's SecureInfo_A. Is it model-specific?

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Interested in the answer to this. I would like to be able to make an emuNand on my JPN N3ds XL with US region using my O3ds XL's SecureInfo_A. Is it model-specific?
Nope. You will be able to do it as soon as we will be able to generate nand pads for the n3DS

tekman1001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been watching the developments the past few days and have a few questions before I make any purchases. I have a AUS n3DS (smaller cause faceplates) and a doner old USA 3ds. Are the tools avalible at this point to move the SecureInfo_A to the new system and perform a system transfer? Or are we still waiting on a missing link? Thanks!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey guys, I've been watching the developments the past few days and have a few questions before I make any purchases. I have a AUS n3DS (smaller cause faceplates) and a doner old USA 3ds. Are the tools avalible at this point to move the SecureInfo_A to the new system and perform a system transfer? Or are we still waiting on a missing link? Thanks!
Yeah, still no n3ds NAND decryption tools, also bear in mind if you change the sysnand region you will need a exploitable game for the source region and then a exploitable game for the target region too

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi cearp, been following progress here and in KARL3DS thread. Myself and I think others would appreciate a tutorial, could you? ;)

there is a guide i made on page 11 i think, it's not possible on n3ds yet because we cannot decrypt our nand.
you need a 'donor' file from a 3ds from the region you want to change to, at least until that check is patched and released in some cfw etc :)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what else is there to do apart from install CIAs and inject the new secureinfo file?

We're not entirely sure yet. That definitely 100% works for local region changes, but anything involving the internet won't be very happy. I think Shiny is looking into properly swapping/spoofing any other console identification info to attempt to remedy this.

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
We're not entirely sure yet. That definitely 100% works for local region changes, but anything involving the internet won't be very happy. I think Shiny is looking into properly swapping/spoofing any other console identification info to attempt to remedy this.

i still didn't get any confirmation/un-confirmation of the guide that a friend gave me about how to make eshop work.
he did it, and said he got eshop working like 2 months ago or something. - but i did not test it myself.
yeah i read shiny said maybe the serial is stored in more than one place - that would be interesting if so

Reactions: Margen67

Feldneger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
USA eshop work + USA NNID=A SDSD card
USA eshop work+no NNID=B SDSD card(Bridge)
EUR no eshop+EUR NNID=C SDSD card

1.A card is properly identified ESHOP

2.In other B card, run eshop an error number 110

3.Shutdown

4.Run C card, run the eshop EUR
You can log in to work! ! !

I can confirm that this works for EU --> JP
I simply swapped SecureInfo_A with someone, installed CIAs and did the steps above. eShop works fine

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If at minimum I just want to change the language, do I still need info from a donor?
Just that would make me happy.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ha saves me the effort of making a guide, i have been sick recently and not wanting to put much effort into stuff, i'm sure it is the same method :) (i can't view it right now)
i will see if he put info on how to get eshop working

-- yes, exactly what i was doing, i emailed gw a while ago to see if they would patch that function, they said they will see... :)
so, until then, that is why we need to take the file from a legit 3ds, so that the signature patches are intact

--edit again, and here is the little guide i finally found about how to get eshop working, but i have not tested it. (thanks to tanglangxia, he told me this and used online translate to put it into english)

-snipped=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo