Hacking 3DS Region change - what will get affected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
So I decided to change my 3DS region from EUR to JPN, since europoor 3DS doesn't have the Japanese UI. I'm trying to figure out what will get affected by the region change, but I'm very unsure about it.

- I don't use an NNID at all, and eShop is closed anyways, so that's out of question.
- Will I have to wipe out the games on my SD that I installed before the region change?
- If not, will my saves be affected?
- Will I still be able to go online in the games?

It may sound like noob questions, but this is my first time with CFW (i'm happy i managed to install it on my own with just the guide from 3ds.hacks.guide), and I want to avoid bricking my console even if I have a NAND backup ready to blast

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
- Will I have to wipe out the games on my SD that I installed before the region change?
Generally not (either you're manually installing the foreign operating system, in which case the identity doesn't change, or you're doing a ctrtransfer in which case you're probably backing up and restoring tickets)
In any case, even if this went wrong and you lost access to installed titles, it would not remove stuff from the SD per se, you'd want to do it afterwards to get the space back :)
If not, will my saves be affected?
These come together with installed titles, are you not keeping backups though? :unsure:

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
Generally not (either you're manually installing the foreign operating system, in which case the identity doesn't change, or you're doing a ctrtransfer in which case you're probably backing up and restoring tickets)
I'm using the CTRTransfer method - it's not a biggie if I will have to wipeout the games, I have them backed on my PC so a reinstall is only a matter of time.

These come together with installed titles, are you not keeping backups though?
I only have a NAND backup in case of the worst. I thought game save backups aren't really worth it because I was early into my games and left that for later. Oops...

Reactions: Ryccardo

LuigilovesItalian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't go anymore on the eshop with ctrtransfer but there a fix i dont remember the name but if your Nintendo network is not in the country you cant got online but if your Nintendo network is example japanese and you want ctrtransfer us to jp when your 3ds will be in japanese with ctrtransfer and your Nintendo network account is japanese you can go online but you can't go on the eshop

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
You can't go anymore on the eshop with ctrtransfer but there a fix i dont remember the name but if your Nintendo network is not in the country you cant got online but if your Nintendo network is example japanese and you want ctrtransfer us to jp when your 3ds will be in japanese with ctrtransfer and your Nintendo network account is japanese you can go online but you can't go on the eshop
eShop hasn't been working on 3DS since March (unless you want to redownload your shit), buddy. in addition, I haven't had an NNID before. which i mentioned before.

anyways, figured I already region-changed and it's all working properly, might let a mod know to close this thread from further replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto