Hacking [PoC] 3DS Region Changing + proof

Keigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to ask, but is the connection problem specific for the eshop or you can play games online without having the security information of a 3ds of the desired region? I've read all the thread but I don't recall reading about this
If you can't play online, would it be possible to change the system but make the games connect to the original region nintendo network? I mean, imagine this, change a JAP 3ds to USA, you would not be able to update USA games with the eshop, since it's connecting to the JAP eshop, but you could install the updates via CIA and play online since it already works this way.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you change your EmuNand Region, E-Shop region too ?
You can enter in japanese E-Shop with EUR Sysnand and JAP Emunand ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you mean "if gateway ever support the new3ds"? :D
joke aside, do you think this can work on 9.4 firmware?
technically speaking it should work on any exploitable FW that has the ability to decrypt the nand......but as it stands its only currently possible on a 4.x console as as that's the only FW with that ability so far........i guess nand decryption will probably get worked into the 4.x-9.2 exploit if possible.....but in regards to 9.4, unless some new exploit is found that works on 9.2+ i doubt this will be any time soon

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a bit more unlikely though, considering that you have to patch out VerifyRsaSha256. Not entirely sure what that might involve but it could be a valid issue.

Involves being able to patch process9. Any CFW can do it or have it added fairly easily, since they all rely on p9 patches.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Although my experience with this stuff is quite limited to the point I almost don't understand the hints/instructions.... Here's a question.....

.... Can this be done on emuNAND? It's because my friend has a Japanese 3DS, when I tried certain games after converting his unit to use CFW, certain games just don't work, or sometimes the game just automatically change language to Japanese without the option to change. It would be nice if it's possible to remove this limitation.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm perhaps I would need to clarify my question, this is also possible using to change the region of the CFW right?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I just wanted to mention, if you patch out VerifyRsaSha256, this works wonderfully and without needing a donor SecureInfo_A! Just figured I'd verify that since nobody's tried publicly yet.

ooh very nice! :)
if you change the console id/serial there, does the console id within the tickets of things downloaded work?
do tickets in the ticket.db that contain the previous console id, do they still work and will content still run when calling upon these tickets, or not, due to the console id mismatch?
(maybe that console id in the ticket and the console serial in the SecureInfo_A file are completely different)

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to mention, if you patch out VerifyRsaSha256, this works wonderfully and without needing a donor SecureInfo_A! Just figured I'd verify that since nobody's tried publicly yet.

Whoa, nice find! So I guess I won't need this donor N3DS XL that I bought a week ago... But wouldn't it beneficial to have it form a donor anyway? That's if I ended up running this on sysnand of course.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Whoa, nice find! So I guess I won't need this donor N3DS XL that I bought a week ago... But wouldn't it beneficial to have it form a donor anyway? That's if I ended up running this on sysnand of course.

well, he is just saying it works. but us mere mortals need to wait for someone to give it to us, which realistically, might not happen :)

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, he is just saying it works. but us mere mortals need to wait for someone to give it to us, which realistically, might not happen :)

Ah yes, that will be the struggle. I'm sure there'll be a more step by step way of swapping the SecureInfo_A, or even patching out the VerifyRsaSha256, once the N3DS has gateway support. Can only hope and dream in the mean time~

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If this process only modifies Emunand, I'm game on trying.

I haven't touched my 3DS in ages (Well, since the ban wave began, but I already completed ORAS so meh)
and I'm not afraid of the ban.

I got 2 3DSes anyway, so heheh

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*she.
Also, I've heard rumblings about GW maybe patching that on their next release, so we'll see. It's a pretty wide-reaching patch though. I'm not sure if it has any negative effects yet as I just mapped it out and patched it earlier.

I've got ideas for how to do a region change without any semblance of CFW on two fresh 9.2 systems with xorpads, too. The idea's kind of inspired by how gateway's downgrades work. The issue is that the tools for N3DS just don't exist yet. Watch this space, I guess?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn