Hacking Please stop using RXTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This can be a possibility of course imagine 12.0 home menu use functions of new kernel ( nativ_firm ) then you just have to replace it by 11.2 and boom RxTools is back to life xD

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure about that. In 10.7 ppl told is that next update will kill Rx but it doesn't etc etc ... If it is just a problem of home menu that us never kernel replace home menu to use old kernel ( and also old offset ) should be enought ( that was working in psp days I remember I was using DevHook for 2.7 emulation on 1.5 with full 3.0 prx / sys app )

But I agree with majority of ppl, switching to luma will be better in that case than franckenbuild our firmware

Last edited by chocoboss,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Home menu to use new nativ_firm will probably never happened, ppl tell this will happened since 10.5 but this as never happened and will probably never.

Even if this happened we will be able to flash old home menu to keep working :rofl2:
Huh, it's pretty stupid to do that when you can just use a different CFW. Also, it'll probably happen to stop downgrades, I suppose.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure about that. In 10.7 ppl told is that next update will kill Rx but it doesn't etc etc ... If it is just a problem of home menu that us never kernel replace home menu to use old kernel ( and also old offset ) should be enought ( that was working in psp days I remember I was using DevHook for 2.7 emulation on 1.5 with full 3.0 prx / sys app )

But I agree with majority of ppl, switching to luma will be better in that case than franckenbuild our firmware
PSP doesn't work in the same way as 3DS.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I remember right replacing home_menu has been already done for ntr no ? I have not study how works 3DS in detail but they are of course different. Things gone really fast on PSP. PSP Fw 1.0 wasn't protected at all and 1.5 protections was just a jock. But things become harder with 3.0 and new encryption / kernel ( nostalgia ) RIP DAX, booster, Hellcat ...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I remember right replacing home_menu has been already done for ntr no ? I have not study how works 3DS in detail but they are of course different. Things gone really fast on PSP. PSP Fw 1.0 wasn't protected at all and 1.5 protections was just a jock. But things become harder with 3.0 and new encryption / kernel ( nostalgia ) RIP DAX, booster, Hellcat ...
They replaced the Home_menu, but not the dependant NATIVE_FIRM. All they need to do is replace the dependant NATIV_FIRM and RXTools is dead for good. Which at this point needs to happen.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact corbenik vs Luma. Ppl hate RxTools fan boys but it seems that corbenik and Luma user are not better than RxTools user :rofl2:

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
In fact corbenik vs Luma. Ppl hate RxTools fan boys but it seems that corbenik and Luma user are not better than RxTools user :rofl2:

I'm a Corbenik and a Luma user, and the first thing I'll do if they stop to be updated is delete then from my SD and start to use another updated CFW that have the same or more features and I know a lot of members of this forum that will do the same.
So, correcting you sentence

It seems that corbenik and Luma fanboys/fangirs are not better than RxTools fanboys/fangirs

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually, it's more of a "Corbenik & Luma users vs retarded guy who doesn't know better than to call Corbenik crap because it is not for noobs"
I use both Corbenik and Luma.

I'm merely pissed off because that guy's reasoning is flawed and he can't see it. Not to mention he's calling Corbenik crap for no other reason than not being for noobs.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please do not turn my thread into a CFW flamewar. I am not suggesting one CFW is better than another, I am just trying to help the community.

Reactions: nechigawara

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For every RXTools users, if you have CTRBootManager
You want, you can easily test Luma3DS
You only need to download Luma3DS

And add this entry :
title = "luma3ds";
path = "/Luma3DS.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
This works great for me and you can keep your RxTools alive and in futur if RxTools is not working anymore you will be able to switch really fast. You just need to edit your boot.cfg and put "Luma3DS.dat" at the root of your SDCARD

You can also use Decrypt9WIP by adding :
title="Decrypt9WIP";
path="/3ds/Decrypt9WIP/Decrypt9WIP.3dsx";
This will allowed you to use Decrypt9 that is an usefull tool for nand / emunand backup / restore and dump your cart.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For every RXTools users, if you have CTRBootManager
You want, you can easily test Luma3DS
You only need to download Luma3DS

And add this entry :

This works great for me and you can keep your RxTools alive and in futur if RxTools is not working anymore you will be able to switch really fast. You just need to edit your boot.cfg and put "Luma3DS.dat" at the root of your SDCARD

You can also use Decrypt9WIP by adding :

This will allowed you to use Decrypt9 that is an usefull tool for nand / emunand backup / restore and dump your cart.
Or you could just stop using RXTools.
If you are using Decrypt9 + another CFW, you aren't using RXTools. There is no reason to use RXTools if you are only using RXMode, it's a waste of the poorly made Toolkit.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Omg ... The goal is to allow ppl to test Luma3DS, then when they will be fine with it they will be able to switch. No need to go faster than what ppl can do.
By dual booting, they will be able to keep RxTools and not to be effraid.

Reactions: Quantumcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN